• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

1000 hp drag NSX

Hey all I thought you'd be interested in this. I remember reading in a older Sport Compact Car mag and they had an article on how Adam Saruwatari had retired his RX-7 in favor of making 2 drag racing NSX's. One unibody chassis and one tube frame chassis. Well since then I was wondering if he actually was going to make the tube frame one. But according to a post on www.superhonda.com this guy says that he saw it in a truck and this is the pic he took. He also said the car wont be ready until Dec or it will be displayed at SEMA. Something for us NSXers to look forward too. I know I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for it!

DSCN6994.jpg

Note: I think the NSX looks funny with wrinkle walled slicks
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 18 September 2000).]

Well good for Adam, even though I'm not into the NHRA type of racing (it's for hill billy's) it will be nice to finally have an NSX kicking some ass, a little recognition to the Honda V-6 that people don't think is very fast. The car looks a little weird in the picture as the tires look to be very close together (maybe it's becouse they're so big). Maybe you guys can back me up on this one but doesn't it look like it has a rear differential???? Did he go to a front engine rear drive setup?

Another photo:
drag1.jpg

It looks washed out because I lightened it so the stuff underneath would show up. As you can see, the car is totally rebuilt. This is a drag car with a carbon fiber NSX body. It has about as much in common with a normal NSX as a NASCAR Ford Taurus has to do with the type you can buy at a dealer.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 19 September 2000).]

Back