• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

15mm wheel spacers

Has anyone tried the 15mm integral stud spacers offered by Dali (made by TC Sportline)? I am assuming that the old studs need to be cut so they don’t stick out of the spacers and interfere with the wheels. I was considering the H&R 15mm spacers, but it would nice not to have to install longer studs (especially in the rear). Does anyone have an opinion on the reliability of the spacer to hub connection being that the spacer is so thin?

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2005

Last edited:
Hello -

I just went through all this, installing 15mm spacers.

First, what wheels are you trying to install? You have to look at the back mounting pad of the wheel. The early NSX rims (1994-2001) do have reliefs on the back, so a little stud protrusion for the adapters would probably be OK. I, unfortunately, was mounting 2002 NSX rims - the back mounting face on those is practically flush, so the 15mm bolt on adapters were not an option.

Those TC sportline adapters are fairly new. Not too sure if anybody has tried those yet.

I ended up going with the standard 15mm H&R adapters and changing the studs. If I had to rank which was more difficult, changing the studs or changing the shocks, I would say changing the shocks was more difficult.

To change the front studs, you remove the brakes and unbolt the hub unit. It was necessary to create a small relief on the hub carrier to fit the stud through (the relief was necessary on both front and back.) The front was fairly straightforward.

The rear studs are slightly more complicated, but not impossible. You need an impact wrench to remove the axle nut, and some type of a puller to slide the hub unit away from the drive axle splines.

If you've never done it before, it would probably take a whole day plus to change out studs, so the bolt ons would probably be a better solution. Plenty of people here on Prime have the 25mm bolt on spacers, and have few problems except for frozen/stripped studs sometimes.

You may need to be the guinea pig on the 15mm bolt on spacers though. Before you order, check the back mounting surface of your wheels. If that surface is flush, you will probably need to pick the other spacers and change studs. Personally, I would not cut the factory studs (I measured and they were somewhere between 20-25mm long), and I think the mounting nuts will still extend out from the face of the bolt on spacer.

Hope this helps. By the way, I think the spacers do greatly improve the look of the factory wheels - they were worth it.

- Frank

Just following up on this thread to get feedback on these wheel adapters. Is it the case that the bolts to secure the adapter to the hub come with these adapters, thus, other than the adapters, there's nothing else to buy?

I wound up buying them and they work great. Be aware that the old studs protrude beyond the spacer (at least for the 15 mm version). My wheels happen to have pockets in them like those shown in the attached picture. This picture is from Dali's website.

instructions-for-idiots.jpg

Mark J. said that the '94 rims would work. Do you have stock rims or aftermarket?

I have 25MM TC Sportline spacers on my rear, fronts are 25mm H&Rs. Can't complain about the TC sportline spacers, I think they're great. Holding up for a while now and I've gone fast both in the freeway and in backroads with this setup. No shaking, no problems. In my opinion, they're just as good as the H&R spacers, its a little heavier than H&R but not much.

XperiMental:
What sizes are your SSR GT1s and offset? I'll be getting the same wheels soon (I love them) and from the specs that the seller gave me, I know I'll be needing the spacers. Possibly 15mm, but I may just use my 25mm and flare out the fenders and go lower. =)

niM

Just browsing old threads, I just added the Dali Integral 15mm spacers up front and the H&R 25mm out back. They look great compared to stock, handles great with less oversteer (I think I can tell a difference). I'll post pictures later.

Just browsing old threads, I just added the Dali Integral 15mm spacers up front and the H&R 25mm out back. They look great compared to stock, handles great with less oversteer (I think I can tell a difference). I'll post pictures later.

Hope you have a better experience with the Dali spacers than I did. Two of the studs literally sheared right off when I tried to tighten them down. Maybe they have improved the quality of the studs.:confused:

So far no problems, one difference is I used H&R lugs with the Dali spacers instead of the smaller lugs which came with them. Same bolt size but the outside diameter is stock size for the H&R lugs, the Dalis were next size down.

I have 15mm TCSport spacers in front for couple of months now and purposely pushed it hard through turns and speed, re-checked the torque couple of times @ 85 lbs, they held up pretty good and no vibration. I went for TCSport stud integral spacers instead of HR 15mm spacers due to the additional replacement of long studs.

Last edited:
Back