• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

170k miles

I say any NSX that drives salvage/rebuilt or what ever

can be brought back to mint in anyones hands

I say get it. and fix any issues it has and have fun.

would a well maintained nsx with 170k miles at a good price scare you guys???

Nope.
check out this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34107

"Well maintained" is the key phrase though and that is where the risk would come in for me. Take Meeyatch1's 182k mile 1994 NSX, despite the mileage that car is VERY well maintained and any buyer would be doing well to own that vehicle. I am not sure that the average driver out there comes close to that maintenance.

I would be very particular about making sure that it was indeed well maintained before pulling the trigger on that high mileage of a car.

Could be a huge coincidence, but something seems sketch here. There is a locked thread in the for sale section of a '98 yellow auto with the EXACT same mileage not too far away in Georgia.:eek: It was apparently was involved in 3 minor accidents from the owners description. Strangely it also had a different front end and was offered for sale with the original (in need of repair) front end as well. It's asking $ was lowered to 20.5k and sold in March sometime. I passed on a white '92 from those guys a couple of years ago as that car seemed sketchy as well. To me it looks as if those guys bought that one, repaired/resprayed the front end and put some different wheels on it, and they are trying to flip it for a quick buck. Heck the thing even has the same Cantrell cold air intake and most likely exhaust! Maybe the PO Druby will chime in here, but check out the sale thread. The front headlight, qp, spoiler and tail light and front end were all replaced. The car also saw some track time, but the extent is unknown. Strange how none of this is mentioned in THEIR ad.:frown: I would pass even at 25k with this information.

The 98 yellow NSX was mine. A guy in NC bought it. Looking at the pictures that is my old car. It was a great car for me. The guy that bought said he was going to make some changes to it. He put on new wheels from I had on there and he said there was a problem with the steering rack that he was going to have to fix. I also gave him my extra set of wheels and slicks. I was hoping he was going to keep it but I guess not.

I talked with him and that is my car, he lowered it, put on new wheels, did some engine work, looks like he changed the front end and may have put in a new steering rack. He says the car is running awesome and faster than before.

BTW you are welcome to PM me or even call me if you want to ask me questions about the car. I owned it for around 10 years, loved that car. I am enjoying my Jaguar now as I am older. My office phone number is 912-352-0820.

BTW you are welcome to PM me or even call me if you want to ask me questions about the car. I owned it for around 10 years, loved that car. I am enjoying my Jaguar now as I am older. My office phone number is 912-352-0820.

Older doesn't mean anything :wink:

Jaguar's are beautiful vehicles and drive very smoothly. The luxury factor is certainly there compared to the NSX.

Sorry I missed your call, I am back at the office now. I figure the Jag can be a great car until the new NSX comes out and has been out long enough that I can get a used one in 4 years:biggrin:

No David, I found a sweet 93 just 15 miles away will post pics when deal is done, THx for your input!!! Mike

Back