• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

18.5 Inch Fronts Will Or Won't

I'm having a hard time finding wheels that will work for my NSX. I want to go 18 in the front and 19 inch in the rear. A lot of the wheels I'm finding that I like have an 8.5 inch width for the front. Is their any offset, tire size, or anything that could make this work with no problems? Pleas Help!

8.5" wide front rims

I have 8.5" wide 17" with 44mm offset. I can run 215/40-17 with a bit of rub at full lock. You should be able to run the same wheel in a 18" if you go with a 215/35-18, maybe 225/35-18, you may not have much selection for tires. I have Eibach springs on Koni shocks which lowers the car about 1 1/4" and I think the rubbing is mostly because the car is lowered. If you are at stock height you may be able to get a 235/35-18 under the fender with out much issue.

Why do you want 18"/19" wheels? Lots of 17/18" wheel options out there.

I have had 18x8.5" with +45mm offset and 225/35-18's Toyo T1-S work fine w/o rubbing. I had slightly modified the fender liner (rear most section) from an earlier combination. Worked just fine. No rubbing whatsoever.

The wheel well liner mod is a small price to pay when fitting 18" wheels up front that are wider than 8".

Back