• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

180kph speed limiter

Hi all, i have a 91 japanese nsx that is speed limited to 180kph! how do you disconnect the speed limiter! thanks in advance

Aftermarket ecu. Most of NSX imported from Japan are fitted with aftermarket ecu. One I see here has Spoon ecu.
Hi all, i have a 91 japanese nsx that is speed limited to 180kph! how do you disconnect the speed limiter! thanks in advance

some fuel controllers (field sfc-vtec) can disable this - or just get a usdm ecu

What you need is something called a "speedmeter" they are readilly available here in Japan. I have removed the limiter on 2 previous JDM NSX's with these devices, couple of wires into the computer and small LED display that sits on the dash or under the speedo that digitally shows the speed and keeps going past 180 when the OEM speedo runs out.

What you need is something called a "speedmeter" they are readilly available here in Japan. I have removed the limiter on 2 previous JDM NSX's with these devices, couple of wires into the computer and small LED display that sits on the dash or under the speedo that digitally shows the speed and keeps going past 180 when the OEM speedo runs out.

Might also be an interesting add-on for Canadians that have purchased US cars where the Speedometer is in MPH instead of KPH.
(seems we can't purchase a KPH faceplate to re-fit the MPH ones)

Any pics of a speedmeter, or links for where to purchase (online)?

Might also be an interesting add-on for Canadians that have purchased US cars where the Speedometer is in MPH instead of KPH.
(seems we can't purchase a KPH faceplate to re-fit the MPH ones)

Any pics of a speedmeter, or links for where to purchase (online)?

I use a Passport 9500i. The GPS reports KPH while giving very good radar detection.

You can remove the limiter by adding a de-limiter converter. This is quite a common thing for JDM cars that are imported to the UK and what is usually the simplest, cheapest and easy way round the limiter is to add the converter.

However the converter also changes the KPH to MPH so your speedo and odometer will start to read in MPH. Its not a problem here in the UK as like the US we are in MPH. However if you talk to these guys

http://www.kmh-mph.co.uk/products.html

They may be able to do something for you. I'm working with them at the min on a new speedo face and chances are they could make you a converter if you wish to keep you car in KPH.

Back