• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

18x9.5 +27 rear fitment..

Hello everyone:

I've read the wheel-tire experiences wiki and did a bit of search. The wiki states that +45 to +33 is good on a 9.5 inch wheel. However, researching some recommendations on some Enkei Kojins, people were recommended a 18x9.5 +30.

I was wondering whether an 18x9.5 +27 would be too aggressive. Not looking to 'slam' the car, but I would consider a moderate drop. Is 18x9.5 +27 doable? anyone out there with a stock bodied NSX running it? What about recommended tires? 255/35/18? 265/35/18?

Thanks in advance.

I think it is. At that point the tire sidewall is more of an issue. Some blocky tires like the Advan Neova AD08R's add almost 5mm to the side.

265/35/18 would be ideal, but like the above poster mentioned, the tire brand/model also sort of matters too for sidewall thickness. I'm running 255/35/18 on federal rsr tires on my 9.5 wheels and no tcs issues. the federal rsr's run a little bit wider than some other 255's tho so that's why it works out ok for me. I'm running 215/40/17s up front with same tire model btw.

as for if 18x9.5 +27 would be too aggressive or not, i dont think it would be. car might "look" higher than stock though. 18x9.5 +22 in my opinion is perfect flush fitment, so yours would be 5mm more inwards. My wheels are 18x9.5 +12 and when it was stock height, it looked pretty funny to me and the wheels/tires poked out too much for my taste lol. after i lowered it and the wheels naturally cambered inwards, the fitment looked much better. i had and have zero rubbing issues in the rear with this set up - both when on stock suspension and lowered suspension.

hope that helps.

Back