• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991-2001 Acura NSX NA1 Carbon Fiber Type R hood & Carbon Fiber OEM Trunk

My hood was reportedly shipped on 12/19 - but you didn't provide any shipper or tracking info.

As of 1/15, no shipment received. No answer to PM. Please update with shipper info and tracking information.

Has anyone gotten their hoods?

Hello all,

My name is Chris and I am partnering with Son on an upcoming venture. While this matter has nothing to do with our upcoming venture, I felt the need to come in here and clear things up as much as possible. This matter came to my attention when I was contacted by a member of this forum via phone (NA1MT). Apparently he was researching Son online and found my name and number because of our business dealings. He told me about his transaction with Son and that he had ordered 2 parts and only received one. I immediately contacted Son to find out what is going on with this whole deal.

Son asked me to login to his account and give everyone an update. Son's father has been having some serious health problems over the past month and Son was out of the country for a couple of weeks because of this. He has returned but is still out of town staying with family. In his absense, his business has come to a standstill. He has gotten far behind in fulfilling orders.

After speaking to Son, he asked that I step in as a third party to explain his absense. He did explain to me that many of the parts ordered were in stock when the sale began but have since gone out of stock....he also told me that due to the circumstances with his father, he has failed to check with VIS as often as he should. But he assured me that he will fulfill all of the orders here or issue refunds to those whose orders he is unable to fulfill as soon as he returns home - which will be this weekend.

While there is no excuse for the lapse in communication, I ask that you give Son a little bit of time to return home and get caught up. He wanted me to convey to you all that he realizes the lapse in communication is inexcusable and that it was never his intention to let things get this out of hand. He has been overwhelmed with the orders he needs to ship out, emails he needs to return, and calls he needs to return. He will begin making things right as soon as he returns home.

In the meantime, if you could address all email correspondence to me at [email protected], I will do my best to assist you. Please do know that my area of expertise is customer service, web design, and marketing...so my knowledge of NSX products is very limited at best. I also have no financial interest in Son's transactions on this forum or anywhere else up until this point. I am simply trying to help him in his absense so that this matter can be dealt with as quickly and painlessly as possible for all parties involved.

I thank you all for your patience and look forward to helping to resolve any and all issues related to this thread.

Chris

I still haven't heard from anyone at IATuner for at least six (6) weeks about my VIS Type-R hood that I paid for back in Nov. 07'. Todays new guy poster (Chris) for IATuner who says he is there from customer service still hasn't provided any so far as well as no response!
I WANT MY HOOD OR MY MONEY!!!!
I'm moving ahead with other plans forced by "IATuner" and "Melissa LO"!
Any others I haven't contacted so far that are having the same situation please feel free to contact me and get on board but you need to do so by C.O.B. tomorrow 8 Feb 08'

Cheers
nigel

Nigel,

Chris here. It appears that you did not receive my email response to your initial message. I responded yesterday and then received another email from you today. It was apparent that you did not receive the response I sent yesterday. I went ahead and resent the email. Please check your bulk or spam folder just in case as it is quite possible the message ended up there.

If you do not receive the message, please post here and I will send you a private message through the forum.

I am hoping to take care of everyone on an individual basis, which is why I'm attempting to communicate through email....but if need be I will communicate through this forum or via phone. Please do be assured that any outstanding orders will be shipped and tracking numbers will be provided asap. If product is unavailable, refunds will be issued.

Once Son returns this weekend, I will have a much better handle on where things stand. I understand that this matter has dragged on far too long and it is my intention to maintain communication from here on out and get any and all problems resolved as quickly as possible.

Chris

Sounds good, let's hope our faith is restored in IATuner and all concerned.
My friend in FMY has one of these hoods painted GPW and it certinaly looks the business! The reason I attempted to purchase one myself.

Cheers
nigel

It has now been one (1) week and one (1) day since our last communication through this thread and e-mail and it has come to my attention another customer has recieved his hood. His was purchased the second week of Dec. 2007.
This is totally unacceptable and the eighteenth (18) of Feb is approaching!!!
There will be NO waiver from the previous messsage and by you responding to my e-mail and to this thread the lawyer informs me that constitutes reciept of my letter of demand.
Check or hood by the 18th of Feb 2008!!!!!!

Cheers
nigel

I have received ZERO response from any one. STILL NO HOOD OR MONEY! CROOKS!

I fianally recieved my hood in perfect shape yesterday. Like everyone else I paid in Dec. Once Chris got involved things went smooth as he reassured me they would. I can honestly say though that in leu of what transpired I would not deal with Son ever again.

"Chris" are you going to respond to my email????:confused:

Swiftvision and Nigel,

Chris here. I apologize for not staying on top of this forum. I have been checking the email address I left previously and did not see any emails come in....so I assumed Son had gotten all of the outstanding orders shipped. I was out of town at a seminar and did not have the password for this forum. I just got back in and popped in here to make sure everything was taken care of and see that it has not been.

I will check with Son and get status on both of these orders. I understand that you have been waiting for quite some time and this is completely unacceptable. I don't expect you to be cordial given the circumstances...but please do know that I have stepped in as a third party to ensure that these problems are dealt with. I have absolutely no monetary interest in these transactions.

I will do everything in my power to make sure these orders are shipped as quickly as possible. I will post a status update as soon as I speak with Son.

Chris

Hello all,

My name is Chris and I am partnering with Son on an upcoming venture. While this matter has nothing to do with our upcoming venture, I felt the need to come in here and clear things up as much as possible. This matter came to my attention when I was contacted by a member of this forum via phone (NA1MT). Apparently he was researching Son online and found my name and number because of our business dealings. He told me about his transaction with Son and that he had ordered 2 parts and only received one. I immediately contacted Son to find out what is going on with this whole deal.

Son asked me to login to his account and give everyone an update. Son's father has been having some serious health problems over the past month and Son was out of the country for a couple of weeks because of this. He has returned but is still out of town staying with family. In his absense, his business has come to a standstill. He has gotten far behind in fulfilling orders.

After speaking to Son, he asked that I step in as a third party to explain his absense. He did explain to me that many of the parts ordered were in stock when the sale began but have since gone out of stock....he also told me that due to the circumstances with his father, he has failed to check with VIS as often as he should. But he assured me that he will fulfill all of the orders here or issue refunds to those whose orders he is unable to fulfill as soon as he returns home - which will be this weekend.

While there is no excuse for the lapse in communication, I ask that you give Son a little bit of time to return home and get caught up. He wanted me to convey to you all that he realizes the lapse in communication is inexcusable and that it was never his intention to let things get this out of hand. He has been overwhelmed with the orders he needs to ship out, emails he needs to return, and calls he needs to return. He will begin making things right as soon as he returns home.

In the meantime, if you could address all email correspondence to me at [email protected], I will do my best to assist you. Please do know that my area of expertise is customer service, web design, and marketing...so my knowledge of NSX products is very limited at best. I also have no financial interest in Son's transactions on this forum or anywhere else up until this point. I am simply trying to help him in his absense so that this matter can be dealt with as quickly and painlessly as possible for all parties involved.

I thank you all for your patience and look forward to helping to resolve any and all issues related to this thread.

Chris

Nigel,

Chris here. It appears that you did not receive my email response to your initial message. I responded yesterday and then received another email from you today. It was apparent that you did not receive the response I sent yesterday. I went ahead and resent the email. Please check your bulk or spam folder just in case as it is quite possible the message ended up there.

If you do not receive the message, please post here and I will send you a private message through the forum.

I am hoping to take care of everyone on an individual basis, which is why I'm attempting to communicate through email....but if need be I will communicate through this forum or via phone. Please do be assured that any outstanding orders will be shipped and tracking numbers will be provided asap. If product is unavailable, refunds will be issued.

Once Son returns this weekend, I will have a much better handle on where things stand. I understand that this matter has dragged on far too long and it is my intention to maintain communication from here on out and get any and all problems resolved as quickly as possible.

Chris

Swiftvision and Nigel,

Chris here. I apologize for not staying on top of this forum. I have been checking the email address I left previously and did not see any emails come in....so I assumed Son had gotten all of the outstanding orders shipped. I was out of town at a seminar and did not have the password for this forum. I just got back in and popped in here to make sure everything was taken care of and see that it has not been.

I will check with Son and get status on both of these orders. I understand that you have been waiting for quite some time and this is completely unacceptable. I don't expect you to be cordial given the circumstances...but please do know that I have stepped in as a third party to ensure that these problems are dealt with. I have absolutely no monetary interest in these transactions.

I will do everything in my power to make sure these orders are shipped as quickly as possible. I will post a status update as soon as I speak with Son.

Chris

Posts saved for future reference.

Chris, my email address is [email protected]

I just sent you another email, still have heard nothing. I sent you an email on the 17th, 20th and now the 26th.

Last edited:
Promised by Chris this situation would be handled personally and WOULD be corrected!! To date no return responses or check or hood. Is one person as bad as the other??? Seems so. They have mine and others money and no one seems to care. These people are simply thiefs and so far getting away with grand theft, mail fraud and internet theft! What's the deal?? We purchased these hoods in good faith and have proof of payment and tracking of said payment. I want my hood or my money!!! I'm almost at the end of my patience.
I have tried to offer good sound advice to the community and support to everyone here. Can't something be done to motivate these people to deliver??????

Promised by Chris this situation would be handled personally and WOULD be corrected!! To date no return responses or check or hood. Is one person as bad as the other??? Seems so. They have mine and others money and no one seems to care. These people are simply thiefs and so far getting away with grand theft, mail fraud and internet theft! What's the deal?? We purchased these hoods in good faith and have proof of payment and tracking of said payment. I want my hood or my money!!! I'm almost at the end of my patience.
I have tried to offer good sound advice to the community and support to everyone here. Can't something be done to motivate these people to deliver??????

YOu are the same person that was getting on everyone case when they were getting impatient by saying quote unquote Everyone needs to chill and give this vendor a chance and how you know him and mellisa for 2 months and they will deliever. And now few weeks go by and you are the most impatient one. Not without reason, I would be too if someone had my money for so long.
But its real funny how YOU said you knew Son and Mellisa since Nov07 (wow 2-3 months long time lol)
and everyone is getting thier panties in a bunch by not patiently waiting and how he needs time since its such a good price and he is doing prime members a favor. What happened? You guys know each other since Nov07?
Anyway as you now see this can happen if you wait to long. This sucks I really hope IATUNER comes through for you guys.

Last edited:
I bought my hood in LA from a Ebay dealer that sells VIS type R hoods. It was for a good price too $600. Plus they charge $150 for shipping. But thats ridicullous shipping price. If anyone can figure out a good deal on shpping from LA area. Maybe you can get a deal for everyone or just your self. I can get you the name and number of the guy who sells these hoods for $600. Plus you can pick it up and pay him cash so no paypal fees or wait period. Anyway let me know its a good hood and I would like more of you guys to try it out. It sucks that you guys have to go through this....

AGAIN I M NOT SELLING THESE JUST PASSING ON MY CONTACT INFO ON ANOTHER GREAT DEAL. Go on ebay and you can find him yourself no need to go through me. Or ask me for the number and I can send it to you or post it here if you guys like.

Could you let me know the name and number of the seller? Thanks.

Sean

I bought my hood in LA from a Ebay dealer that sells VIS type R hoods. It was for a good price too $600. Plus they charge $150 for shipping. But thats ridicullous shipping price. If anyone can figure out a good deal on shpping from LA area. Maybe you can get a deal for everyone or just your self. I can get you the name and number of the guy who sells these hoods for $600. Plus you can pick it up and pay him cash so no paypal fees or wait period. Anyway let me know its a good hood and I would like more of you guys to try it out. It sucks that you guys have to go through this....

AGAIN I M NOT SELLING THESE JUST PASSING ON MY CONTACT INFO ON ANOTHER GREAT DEAL. Go on ebay and you can find him yourself no need to go through me. Or ask me for the number and I can send it to you or post it here if you guys like.

Back