• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1992 NSX White/Black JH4NA1150NT000586 (California)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking price: $28,000

Clean Title
113,900 miles
Running Kuhmo 215 40 R17 front, 275 35 R18 rear - 90% tread

Kind of a cool story behind this car (converted an old school Chevy guy). I've been working for Honda for nine years and I've owned most of what I appreciate from a '95 Del Sol with original B16, to an '03 S2000, a handful of Integras (Type R for about a month until stolen), and quite a few Accords to compliment them. Obviously I've always eyed the NSX, but it was made very clear to me by my better half that until she is out of school, "we" are done selling and buying.

About two years ago, I had an itch to try something different and between my honda dealings, I picked up a 1967 Chevy Nova. Well, they say classics are money pits and I'm starting to see why - although I completely love the process of restoring it. Part of this restoration led me to a guy named Tim - knows and builds Novas pretty much to the extent that I run with Hondas. He's taken over the resto on the Chevy and I'm at the point now where I've spent twice as much as I bought the car for and I'm still looking at $7k ish for paint and bodywork. Side note: Tim said he likes to build them fast to shut "the little honda guys up"...I bite my tonuge lol.

Well out of nowhere one day when I was at his shop checking on the suspension, he tells me he just picked up a '92 NSX from an older gentleman for a decent price...very clean car, I guess the old man had it in a few shows (completely not my taste, but unlike a Civic its very hard to screw up an NSX unless you get pretty intense). So he's driving it one day down the 215 fwy and theres a spiral offramp. He slows from 90 mph since he's not familiar with the car's talents...halfway through the exit, his eyes light up as he feels the car frowning at his conservatism. He runs it back down the road, reenters the freeway and tries the exit again...this time a little "less conservative". I get a phone call: "Man, I need to sell this thing or else I'm going to start liking it too much...it pinned that gd turn and that Vtec is unreal".

Tim restores 1962-1967 Novas, and a Camaro or Corvette here and there. I never fault a "domestic" guy for not being enamored by hondas because I can see how their perceptions are formed and where they come from. But it is so much fun to see when the "unexposed" get to experience first hand what Honda efficiency/power is and how Vtec really is a decent alternative to a four-barrel carb.

Anyway, I've rambled long enough. Tim isn't too proficient with a computer and I was familiar with NSX Prime, so I'm posting this on his behalf. He said to go ahead and post his cell number as well...

(951)544-8512

He's a busy guy so please, only serious calls that have questions which I was unable to answer with the post.

P0003576.JPG

P0003577.JPG

P0003578.JPG

P0003579.JPG

P0003580.JPG

P0003581.JPG

P0003582.JPG

P0003583.JPG

P0003584.JPG

P0003585.JPG

P0003586.JPG

P0003587.JPG

P0003588.JPG

P0003589.JPG

is the hood not fully closed or is the fitment really that bad?

I'm going to close this thread - paydro is obviously not an active member of 'Prime & the owner apparently has no account here either.
Please contact the seller directly for information or status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back