• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

1995 NSX front Skid?

I just purchased a 1995 NSX and it seems the skid at the front is so low, that it scrapes or bottoms out when going into certain driveways. My question is, is this rubber skid important, or can I just remove it for a higher clearance?

Thanks,

Strato

You can just unbolt it; there are something like 13 10mm bolts running along the length of the bottom.

But if you remove it, you will most likely end up scraping your painted lower front bumper occasionaly instead of the black rubber "skid" frequently....

I agree with Lud. Removing the chin spoiler (as it's usually called) is not a good idea. The chin spoiler is inexpensive (around $100) and protects the more expensive painted air dam.

One suggestion is to be aware of the low clearance and make sure to take driveway entrances at an angle to avoid scraping.

Also if your car has any aftermarket suspension pieces, it's possible it's been lowered, which makes this problem worse.

Strato,

Many NSXers view this piece as sacrificial. They replace them from time to time when they start to look beat up.

This piece isn't too expensive (about $150) and can be readily ordered or obtained. One example...
http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/product1318.html

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Originally posted by Jimbo:
Strato,

Many NSXers view this piece as sacrificial. They replace them from time to time when they start to look beat up.

This piece isn't too expensive (about $150) and can be readily ordered or obtained. One example...
http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/product1318.html

-Jim

Well I certainly wouldn't buy it from Comptech! Why pay list+ when there are dealers offering 25% off plus free shipping?

Back