• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1997 NSX in Freemont?

it is a very clean one, rare one. Some others feel it is a bit pricy.

You may get a NA2(higher mileage) for similar price.

Good Luck.

it is a very clean one, rare one. Some others feel it is a bit pricy.

You may get a NA2(higher mileage) for similar price.

Good Luck.

It is an NA2. '97-'05 manual vehicles are NA2. As for the price, I think it's in range of being reasonably priced. I think it's been for sale for about six months. If the car was priced closer to $43k I'd have jumped on it. Hell, if I had an extra $46k laying around I'd have two NSXs :)

I don't recall seeing this NSX when I was shopping for one, or I might have jumped on it. I also think it's in the range of being reasonably priced, especially since I was only interested in the 97-01's and did not want an 02+. I was trying for the longest time to purchase a local 2000 silver with 29k miles, but the seller jacked up the price from 49k to 59k so I gave up on that idea. I was willing to pay 47k for it though, and it needed the TB/WP service on top of that.

Given that some low mileage 2001s sold for low 50s in the past few months (also without the TB/WP service done), I think the asking price on this specimen is not that far off.

Last edited:
I think the car looks and sounds good - like that it is stock, a private owner, the low mileage, the maintenance, and the GPW. If after meeting the owner and getting the "good vibes" that the car has been really treated well, I'd be willing to go pretty close to his asking price. Not sure why, but it just seems and feels like something in the 42k or 43k area would be about right. Good luck! Jay

Good luck. I think mid-40s is an extremely reasonable price for this NSX assuming it is clean. I paid 45k for my 99 with 48k miles on it, and around that (after factoring in 90k and other services to get the maintenance up to date) for my 97 with 37k miles. And I don't think I overpaid considering I shopped around 2 years to find my cars and didn't see anything else better/cheaper.

If I could have this NSX for 42 or 43k it would be in my garage already.

Please report back and let us know your findings.

Last edited:
yea, I wish I can bring this GPW home, but it is way over my budget.

Good Luck and hope you can get it for a reasonable price.:biggrin:

One of only 66 total cars in that color combo!

the car is sold, I assume the OP bought it.

I inquired about that car a few weeks ago, before the OP posted this thread. Seems like a great car. The original owner was on Prime, car was from New Mexico. Timing belt had never been changed with original owner. Original ask was $42k but maintenance had not been performed.

The second owner only owned it for a year (which always make me wonder) but he got all the maintenance up to date.

He just changed the timing belt/water pump/coolant hoses, etc and had the tires replaced.

You snooze, you lose, I'm all the way across country in New Jersey. Easier for seller to sell local. I should have jumped on it a few weeks ago.

I thought the price was good too since all the maintenance was up to date and had new tires. All the NSX's I'm looking at need both. I liked the white too, because they are rare. Hopefully the OP bought it, seems like a great car you can just drive and enjoy.

I have no freaking idea who bought it. We had plans to go look at it and my brothr in law kept calling and calling with no answer then he picked up and said it was gone. :eek:

Sucks for my broinlaw :biggrin:

I have no freaking idea who bought it. We had plans to go look at it and my brothr in law kept calling and calling with no answer then he picked up and said it was gone. :eek:

Sucks for my broinlaw :biggrin:

Sorry to hear that, I assumed you bought it.

it's a nice one, I was in talks with the original owner about purchasing it last May. I have some more pics of the car. If the current owner see's this and wants the photos, PM me.

Attachments

• 220.jpg
    220.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 75
Back