• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1998 Black/Camel 6-Speed: JH4NA2161WT000161

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: SOLD 5/26/2006
Thanks Prime!

1998 NSX-T
Black/Camel
6 Speed Tranny
JH4NA2161WT000161
51.9k miles
$43,500 obo
[email protected]

Zanardi Springs
Koni Adjustable Shocks
Front Science Of Speed (Comptech) Adjustable Anti-Sway Bars
Rear Science Of Speed (Comptech) Adjustable Anti-Sway Bars
NSX-R "Rear Lower Chassis" Reinforcement Bar
NSX-R "Front Chassis" Reinforcement Bar
K&N Filter
17” & 18” OZ superleggera “bright silver” wheels
215 /40 r17 Bridgestone SO3 Pole position front tires
265 / 35 r18 Bridgestone SO3 Pole position rear tries
Paddock (Magnaflow Stainless Steel) Exhaust
Acura 6 disc changer
Factory Remote
NSX Car Cover
Title In Hand

Why I Am Selling:
I purchased this NSX about 6 months ago, and have had a lot of fun with in during that time, putting on about 3k miles. The reason I am selling it is simply to move on to the next car. I have averaged 2 cars per year for many years, preferring to try as many cars in my life time as possible. I sold my 600+ HP 996T late last year with the intention of getting in a Gallardo. The NSX was my "gap" car while waiting for the G-ride prices to bottom out, and I wasn’t disappointed. With 4 cars already and my eyes set on the Gallardo (or Ford GT?), someone will get a chance at owning this wonderful car.

History:
The car was well-documented and cared for by the previous owner. When I got the car last Nov, I did an oil change and filter right away at around 49k miles, and another one at the current 51.9k miles. I've got one spare oil filter and o-ring. Mobil 1 was used. Clutch is perfect. Timing belt has not been done. Brakes are almost new, including brand new set of retention clips installed ~100 miles ago with the oil change. Tires are in great shape, as shown in the pix. It currently has two coats of Zaino, and is always garaged.

Paint:
When I got the car, it had collected its share of rock chips over the years. I elected to paint the front clip, fenders, and hood. I own a bodyshop and work on a lot of high-end cars, so I can assure you the paint work is top notch. The pictures below were taken a couple days ago. People stop me frequently and inquire about my “new” exotic.

Handling:
I first considered and test-drove the NSX back around 2001. It was stock, and I really didn't care for the handling, so I ended up with an '02 S2k for about 1/2 year. With this NSX, the handling has been totally transformed. The Zanardi Springs, Koni Shocks, NSX-R Chassis Braces, SOS Anti-Sways, and wheel/tire setup are very confident inspiring without being punishing. It soaks up bumps in the road as opposed to skips. I think it's a very good road-car setup. While I haven’t tracked this car, I used to go to track events all the time, and would think this setup to be very responsive and forgiving during track conditions.

Exhaust:
I am very picky when it comes to exhausts... I went through 3 before finding the right one for my 996T, and they aren't exactly cheap. However, I think this custom-fabricated Paddock Exhaust with its Magnaflow SS cans and Magnaflow double-walled dual tips are perfect for the car. It's deep and refined sounding, with an aggressive staccato at high RPM's at WOT. IIRC, it was good for 13 RWHP. Just as a relative comparison to the Taitec GT, the Paddock is far more sophisticated and refined in tone without sounding muffled: it makes the Taitec sound like a tin-box exhaust.

Thanks!
Stephen
[email protected]

a0.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg