• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

1999 Yellow Comptech Supercharged NSX in AZ

Re: Comptech Supercharged NSX for sale

Can't be sure if this is the same,
but about 2 1/2 years ago I looked at a 99 yellow comptech SC in S. Florida.
It was here awhile after I looked at it and then sold to someone out in Arizona as I remember seeing it pop up for sale out there.

The particular one I looked at had a pretty poor re-paint of the passenger rear quarter. The story was that the panel was never removed and the accident was minor (something about backing into a garbage can)

The car's paint was pretty clean otherwise. I never test drove or closely inspected the mechanics as they didn't seem like they wanted to move on a $70k asking price.

I can't tell from the pictures, but the one I looked at also had a hidden k40 radar built in.
 
Re: Comptech Supercharged NSX for sale

peiserg said:
i thought 99's were all red zanardis?

:confused: where are you seeing zanardi?

But yes, all are red and all are 99 hard top coupes.
 
Re: Comptech Supercharged NSX for sale

if you want me to i will drive by thursday or friday and check it out.....
 
Re: Comptech Supercharged NSX for sale

Cool! It's got a sunroof!
 
Re: Comptech Supercharged NSX for sale

ANYTIME said:
And the elusive COMTECH supercharger (400hp, documented by Honda no less) and COMTECH suspension. BUY IT! :wink:

Isn't COMTECH that communications company that almost went under in 2001? I see they have diversified. :)
 
Re: Comptech Supercharged NSX for sale

NetViper said:
:confused: where are you seeing zanardi?

But yes, all are red and all are 99 hard top coupes.


i don't. I saw a post stating a yellow 1999, so i was wondering if my memory was faulty...all 1999's were red zanardi's... so this 1999 has been repainted. or is not a 1999.
 
Re: Comptech Supercharged NSX for sale

well i went and looked at it today...not repainted but the guys are selling it on consignment and know nothing about it...so i would guess its not a 99 :)

clean car..couple stone chips, nice int...i gave it an 8 out of 10 because of the upgrades. with out them i would say 7 out of 10.
 
Re: Comptech Supercharged NSX for sale

I think the COMTECH supercharger makes that extra power only when the VTECH kicks in, yo!
 
Re: Comptech Supercharged NSX for sale

peiserg said:
i don't. I saw a post stating a yellow 1999, so i was wondering if my memory was faulty...all 1999's were red zanardi's... so this 1999 has been repainted. or is not a 1999.


Hmmm...that would be very troublesome to me since I own a spa pearl 99. From what I hear in 99 they made about 250 NSX's (not sure if that is US or worldwide) and that 50 of those were Zanardi's. This is not one of those 50 and could be a 99. The deal may not know much about the car but Carfax usually gets at least the year and make right. If you look at the ebay add they put it as a coupe and if that is the case that's the biggest sunroof I've seen.
 
Re: Comptech Supercharged NSX for sale

If you buy it, make sure they give you the stock airbox back. My RM intake is in my closet collecting dust. Useless.
 
Re: Comptech Supercharged NSX for sale

surferX said:
Hmmm...that would be very troublesome to me since I own a spa pearl 99. From what I hear in 99 they made about 250 NSX's (not sure if that is US or worldwide) and that 50 of those were Zanardi's. This is not one of those 50 and could be a 99. The deal may not know much about the car but Carfax usually gets at least the year and make right. If you look at the ebay add they put it as a coupe and if that is the case that's the biggest sunroof I've seen.

They did only make 50 Zanardi. All others was any other color. If you have power steering and T-Top, you don't have a repainted Zanardi.
 
I am not sure why this Zanardi issue keeps coming up. There were fifty Zanadi Editions produced in 1999; all of them were red and all of them were coupes (not T's). This is independant of the the remaining NSX that were produced for that year. I looked seriously at this car and took it for a test drive. As someone indicated, it is a consignment car. According to the owner of car (his word), the car has never been painted or wrecked. I was unable to review the paperwork. The car drove very nice. There did not appear to be any fluid leaks or any mechanical issues that were readily apparent. The car is Comptech supercharged but despite the ad on Autotrader the suspension appears to be stock, the intake is RM (which I thought is simply a variation of the K&N intake that so many have changed out), the exhaust is an RM dtm exhaust. I have decided to pass on the car because there are quite a number of stone chips and minor scrapes; I was also concerned that the there were some fitment issues with the trunk and hood. From a casual inspection, the car looks pretty nice; the interior is quite nice. Kevin at Phoenician Auto Sales has been very very fair and easy to deal with, It's true he's not an expert on NSX's but we're lucky and have NSXPrime (I'm glad the site is back up because I was going throught withdrawals). In summary, this car could be a great car for the right person. I am happy to share any additional thoughts or impressions.

Sid
 
yeah like i said..couple stone chips...only "bad" spot i saw was on the intake...they really bothered me, the front didnt bug me as much as those did.
 
To bad that one was not a keeper Sid. After speaking with you Sat at SOS I thought for sure you would be driving back in that one. Anyway keep hunting till you find the cherry.
 
sid said:
I am not sure why this Zanardi issue keeps coming up. There were fifty Zanadi Editions produced in 1999; all of them were red and all of them were coupes (not T's). This is independant of the the remaining NSX that were produced for that year. I looked seriously at this car and took it for a test drive. As someone indicated, it is a consignment car. According to the owner of car (his word), the car has never been painted or wrecked. I was unable to review the paperwork. The car drove very nice. There did not appear to be any fluid leaks or any mechanical issues that were readily apparent. The car is Comptech supercharged but despite the ad on Autotrader the suspension appears to be stock, the intake is RM (which I thought is simply a variation of the K&N intake that so many have changed out), the exhaust is an RM dtm exhaust. I have decided to pass on the car because there are quite a number of stone chips and minor scrapes; I was also concerned that the there were some fitment issues with the trunk and hood. From a casual inspection, the car looks pretty nice; the interior is quite nice. Kevin at Phoenician Auto Sales has been very very fair and easy to deal with, It's true he's not an expert on NSX's but we're lucky and have NSXPrime (I'm glad the site is back up because I was going throught withdrawals). In summary, this car could be a great car for the right person. I am happy to share any additional thoughts or impressions.

Sid


Still no luck Sid :frown: hope you find one soon. Just had "Vanessa" waxed today.... :biggrin: ....
 
Back
Top