• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2 cutting edge LED DRL (Daytime Running Light) solutions for NSX purists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick,

Finally installed Level 2 drl's and they are impressive to say the least. Very bright and very easy to install.

Here is a picture.
Level 2 Drl's.jpg

Cannot thank Rick enough for his great customer service and products for our beloved NSx's.

Keep up the great work Rick.

not sure if the right place for this but wanted to let you guys know that ricks products are great and his customer service is top notch...i have replaced the interior and rear license plate bulbs with his led's. what a difference...fyi i never knew that the driver footwell light stays on for few seconds after you lock the door after all the rest go out...never was bright enough to notice....still on the fence about the day time running only because i have the oem fogs with Hid in brake duct and think it will be too busy....gonna probably do the turn signal conversion on his website once i secure a second set of turn signals..again great guy and great products....thanks

I would say top notch with the R&D to go with it. At this time I did not have the cash to drop.

not sure if the right place for this but wanted to let you guys know that ricks products are great and his customer service is top notch...i have replaced the interior and rear license plate bulbs with his led's. what a difference...fyi i never knew that the driver footwell light stays on for few seconds after you lock the door after all the rest go out...never was bright enough to notice....still on the fence about the day time running only because i have the oem fogs with Hid in brake duct and think it will be too busy....gonna probably do the turn signal conversion on his website once i secure a second set of turn signals..again great guy and great products....thanks

thank you for the kind words, this is strictly a hobby for me since I love my NSX and proud to use these creations on my own cars. I would never make something that is not on par with what I expect for my own ride :)

We will be producing a custom 5-LED version inside the NA1 bumper lense and deleting the turn signal bulb for a super clean look. I will be doing the work this week so look for more pictures next week :wink:

thanks for the patience as this is not my full time job :smile:

just sent them my new turn signal housings to be retrofitted witht he five light conversion..hopefully the pictures will be of mine as he completes them...either way looking forward to the easy update on my 1993...gonna be bright with stoves hids,oem fogs with hids to match and now the led int he turning lites...should be interesting...thanks rick

just sent them my new turn signal housings to be retrofitted witht he five light conversion..hopefully the pictures will be of mine as he completes them...either way looking forward to the easy update on my 1993...gonna be bright with stoves hids,oem fogs with hids to match and now the led int he turning lites...should be interesting...thanks rick

thanks we have your lights and already started on the retrofit process :)

The 5-LED system is a lot harder to do because of the space limitations. A lot of plastic has to be cut away and then the new lights have to be carefully installed so this will take some time. Please be patient as I want these to look perfect when you get them back.

rick

UPDATE: sneak peek at the progress!

(this is actually our 2nd time doing the 5-LED conversion but last time the owner was so happy we forgot to take pictures! I think this one turned out even nicer because we improved the mounting method and carefully removed the OEM chrome plastic "division" piece that gets in the way of the overall look)

So what do you guys think? We still have more testing before finalizing but pretty happy with the lights so far :wink:

8f9d8121.jpg

I'm taking a wild guess and hoping that the lights in the photo is mine and hoping there will be more as they are finishing completion...anyone interested rick is great to deal.... his customer service is second to none and hopefully these lights will far exceed his customer service in workmanship and quality....once i get them in my car i will attempt to take photos and try and figure out how to post them for all to see....thanks rick...

Now we're talking! Nice work!:cool:

Thanks, we try :)

The 5-bar LED version is a lot more difficult to do as a lot of plastic has to be trimmed and removed. This requires the utmost precision since we don't want to scratch the inner plastic lense as that part is very visible.

For those of you waiting, please be patient, we hope to have better finished pictures very soon. This is a the ultimate setup for 1991 NA1 NSX owners who have the OEM bumper lense. In a way this gives the 1991+ cars an unfair advantage in a clean setup.

Stay tuned............:redface:

Does this eliminate the signal lamps?

In the integrated versions, the 4-LED system maintains the front blinker. The 5-LED system eliminates the front blinker but you will still have the side-marker blinker working.

Why are the DRLs on at the same time as the low beams? DRLs are supposed to turn off when the regular lights are switched on. :confused:

Our lights are 100% custom so they can be wired any number of ways depending on how you plan to use them. There is no right or wrong way sir :)

here's some popular ways:

1) Act as DRL's that switch on with ignition
2) Wired to come on with parking lights
3) Activated by custom switch inside the car
4) Wireless remote key fob option that we offer (great for car shows/meets)

The lights can also be programmed to dim at night when headlights come on or when each individual blinker is flashing (aka Audi).

thanks for all the kind words fellas!

Thanks for your patience with the holidays....we just finished up two more sets for Prime owners, they will be shipped out today!

The integrated 5-LED setup seems to be the most popular :)

Will try to have some more updated pictures later.

Happy holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back