• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2001 NSX on EBay - JH4NA21601T000032

Great purchase -- good deal and you are gonna love the ride. As someone else mentioned, that antenna..... maybe make a change :eek:

Welcome aboard! Cheers and happy motoring in the fantastic NSX! Jay

Big Congrats! Looks like one Sweet NSX!

LOL - thanks. Yes that antenna looks a little odd. Also, isnt that front lip spoiler supposed to be black instead of body colored?

It's an aftermarket lip, painted to match the car. I don't know what kind it is, but I'm sure one of the other guys will know.

Congrats!

It's an aftermarket lip, painted to match the car. I don't know what kind it is, but I'm sure one of the other guys will know.

Congrats!

Isn't that a Shine lip, or possibly a Shine replica. It looks like most of he mods on that car are fairly typical brand names that many who mod their NSX's use.

PPI results are in!

So I had the vehicle checked out at Woodfield Acura in Chicago. Just spoke to the service manager and the tech that worked on the car a couple of hours ago. For the most part they are giving the car a thumbs up!

Here is the deficiency list:

1) Rear cylinder head cam plug caps are leaking
- apparently a cheap part but 4 hours of labour
- price 685.08
- DIY?

2) Fender liner clips - some are missing
- no big deal

3) Steering wheel off center - needs a front wheel alignment m- $200

4) Weatherstrip along the rear of the targa top
- it was torn, looks like it has been repaired, glued
- expensive part - 1115.71 plus 2 hours labor

5) Rear door rear window sash is falling apart
- recommended replacement

6) Aftermarket remote will not set the alarm with the remote only with the key
- no big deal, not sure of the fix anyways ?

7) Windshield washers - work, but the hoses are disconnected from the nozzles for some reason????

8) Clutch master cylinder may be leaking (this may be residue from the previous repair in 2010)

9) Aftermarket stuff - rockers, rotors, springs, exhaust

10) Doesn't see any need to do a compression test. They will if I want to, but really don't think it is necessary after driving the car.

So a pretty short list. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 8701752_28.jpg
    8701752_28.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 8701752_23.jpg
    8701752_23.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 8701752_22.jpg
    8701752_22.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 8701752_17.jpg
    8701752_17.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 55
Can you get the seller to take care of the PPI items?

I am going to chat with them in the morning. I figured I would check here first to figure out my position if there is some "give and take". I am pretty handy and have a decent set of tools - I don't mind a bit of DIY but I don't know these cars well enough to make an informed decision.

Any DIYs on that list that you see?

Any DIYs on that list that you see?
I would lean toward "no" on the major items, especially if you've never worked on an NSX before. There are some guys here who can tackle almost anything on an NSX due to extensive automotive experience, but that doesn't apply to most people (myself included). I'd ask for seller concessions to take care of the necessary repairs. $0.02.

Last edited:
Re: Muahahaha - it is MINE. Subject to PPI of course.

Looks like it is mine - subject to PPI. 48k out the door

So the dealer sent me service records. For the last couple of years it has been serviced at Woodfield Acura (highly recommended here)

It looks like it has had the major stuff done. Timing belt, water pump, valve cover gaskets, clutch master and slave plus the clutch itself. From the records it looks like the brakes were bled and new pads recommended. It doesn't look like new pads were installed though - possible DIY?

Anyways, I am thinking of having it sent over to the guys at Woodfield for a full PPI anyways unless they are prepared to vouch for the car without seeing it again. Seems like cheap insurance for a couple hundred bucks.

I am super pumped - thanks for the help

Hey, I saw it sitting at Woodfield today when I dropped mine off for it's major service. I didn't get a very good look at it as I was in a hurry though. Yes, with these cars...always have a PPI done! I met the NSX Tech at woodfield......seems like a really good guy. I gather from all of the recommendations on this board that he really knows his stuff with the NSX. I had no problem driving my car the 140 miles to drop it off to him. I'll be back up there on Thursday to pick it up.

Hey, I saw it sitting at Woodfield today when I dropped mine off for it's major service. I didn't get a very good look at it as I was in a hurry though. Yes, with these cars...always have a PPI done! I met the NSX Tech at woodfield......seems like a really good guy. I gather from all of the recommendations on this board that he really knows his stuff with the NSX. I had no problem driving my car the 140 miles to drop it off to him. I'll be back up there on Thursday to pick it up.

Hey cool! Did it look good? I haven't actually seen it in person yet.

The Woodfield guys seem pretty cool to me. I am feeling pretty good about having them check out the car. They seem like the kind of people that would tell me straight if the car was a dud.

Hey cool! Did it look good? I haven't actually seen it in person yet.

The Woodfield guys seem pretty cool to me. I am feeling pretty good about having them check out the car. They seem like the kind of people that would tell me straight if the car was a dud.

It does look good, yellow is one of my favorite colors on the car (aside from white! lol). I only saw it from afar though...greater than 50 feet, so I can't comment on paint or anything. But it does look good! Do you live in the Chicago area, or are you flying from parts unknown to get it?

It does look good, yellow is one of my favorite colors on the car (aside from white! lol). I only saw it from afar though...greater than 50 feet, so I can't comment on paint or anything. But it does look good! Do you live in the Chicago area, or are you flying from parts unknown to get it?

No. I am in Calgary, Canada. I havent decided whether I am goingbto drive it bsck or have it shipped. I've done that drive before - there is a whole lotta boring on the way LOL

I'd offer to drive it out for you, but that's 2700km! It might take a long afternoon! Heck, I might be able to be talked into a long weekend to do it! lol!

Here is the thing...you say it is a whole lot of boring between here and there....but you've never experienced it in a NSX.

Don't underestimate the bonding time with the car. I bought my car in Las Vegas and drove it home. 1850 miles (just shy of 3000km)...actually it ended up being 2000 miles with the scenic routes I took in the Rockies. NV-CO was the scenic portion....the rest (NE-IA, etc) was not so exciting scenery, but still a joy in the car.

The route I took

I recommend taking the time to fly out and drive it home!

here are some shots from my trip in 2009

Last edited:
Do what I did. Split the PPI items down the middle. Have them knock their half off the price and you get the car in the shop and ready as your deposit.

Don't fear the drive.. I drove mine from SF to NC and loved it, no better way to gain confidence in the car. I know a lot of other owners I've met have looked at me like I was a little nuts but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Congrats!

Back