• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2001 White /camel JH4NA21311T000062

Does anyone here know of this car?

VIN: JH4NA21311T000062

This is a 2001 white / Camel with a black roof, Manual coupe.

7500 miles.
car is located at Elite Auto Group, New Brunswick NJ for sale.

Re: 2001 White /camel

If you do a search, you will find several topics for this car. It's definitely not an one-owner car - the car was clean when I saw it in person three years ago.

If it's the car I think it is, I know one of the "short term" owners. 3+ years ago, the car was "mint", can't say where and how it was cared for since.

WOW!! I was just thinking about this car a couple of weeks ago and wondered what happened to it. Looks like the poor thing is still not seeing much road time. :(

since most 95+ (except Zanardi) are T tops, i take it this was a custom order where the buyer specifically requested a coupe??

I know the car and remember seeing it go from auction to auction back in 2002, no onw knew it's importance and rarity and it was a shame. I came close to pulling the trigger, but I was 24 at the time and it didnt make sense. I had just bought a house and sadly enough, it has tan interior. If it was black, done deal:biggrin: I'd still be living with mom and dad:biggrin:

Oddly enough, notice the seller's location. New Brunswick, and Im in East Brunswick. Small world:biggrin: Need to a photo shoot with the Zanardi arranged:wink:

Someone needs to buy it and change the interior to black.

It appears most are in agreement with me about the camel interior. Black is my preference.

I really like the white with black top.
NA2 with pop up head lamps is also a preference.
so, 2001 fits the bill.
At 7500 miles that is 1000 miles /year. enough not to worry about the car sitting too too much.

I just wish it had a black interior.

$60,000 buy now price. 90% of ask may take it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...015QQitemZ250256791487QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

What would it take to switch the interior to black? Carpet, seats, some interor bits? I'm sure you could get all of these out of a salvage car or buy at least the seats off of someone who put aftermarket seats in theirs. It's not like the whole dash is tan.

What would it take to switch the interior to black? Carpet, seats, some interor bits? I'm sure you could get all of these out of a salvage car or buy at least the seats off of someone who put aftermarket seats in theirs. It's not like the whole dash is tan.

I'd buy this NSX and buy all brand new interior pieces from dealer.. I actually calculated awhile back how much it would cost to change every piece in the car from tan to black (bought from dealer) and the pricing wasn't pretty.. I'd rather go JETPILOT's route and have the interior re-wrapped in Alcantara..

And the fact that this 2001 is a COUPE makes me want her even more than a 2005 NSX.. You get all the benefits of a coupe and all the latest and greatest improvements... I'm trying to convince myself that this isn't a great buy by repeating: "Driving a NSX-T is better because you get the benefits of a convertible top feeling by removing the top.."

I'll let you guys know if i can trick myself into believing this.

I was tracking this car in '03 or '04. It was originally at Hunting Ridge Motors in NY. It disappeared for a while & went thru 2 or 3 small dealerships in PA & VA on ebay. It disappeared for a while & turned up in a used car lot in NJ, Zakar Motors. I saw it online there & contacted the former owner thru here (I think it was NCC1701 or something else Star Trek related). He is a designer in NYC and either sold it or traded to them for $54K to get a Ferrari (they were asking $60K for it 3-4 yrs ago). Zakar Motors was raided by the po-po & DEA. Don't know what happened to the car there- ie. sold prior or seized during.

Now it shows up at another small place in NJ. I would buy it, but not at that price. You can get a Zanardi for less ( more desirable but not as rare as coupes go). And since I'm guessing there aren't any records & enough miles to warrant maintenance having been done already, it's going to need some work soon.

thanks for the background!

I really apreciate everyone's input.

I prefer the black interior.

My '91 has a perfect black interior. could I just swap the two interiors?

I believe you can Warren! Although I haven't seen the newer NA2 interiors up close just looking at pictures of most NSX's I'm led to believe it would be straightforward!

Do it!

This car is significant in the fact that it's the *only* US-Spec Grand Prix White NA2 3.2L Coupe ever built. That said, 3.2L NA2 Coupes are rare in any color.

As many have said, if it had a black interior, I'd already own it. :tongue: Even with a tan interior, if I had the money and parking space, I'd still consider it.

As for what it's worth, that can be debated all day long, but the fact is, if someone has their heart set on a white 3.2L NA2 Coupe, they pretty much have to pay whatever the seller asks, after all, what can you do, go find another one?

This car is historically significant enough that it should be kept factory original. If someone changes the interior to black, or modifies it, the value of the car goes down significantly. This one is definitely a collectible example, that to change/modify it would kill the collectability (in my opinion anyway).

Also, when changing the interior to black, you can't buy an entire black interior seat cover/door panel set as a whole. You have to buy each piece separately, in a piecemeal fashion. There's a good chance the leather (grain, color, direction, etc) won't match perfectly as it does when the entire set is sourced from the same cuts of leather when built at the factory. With each piece, when you buy them as replacement parts, they are manufactured at different times using different cuts of leather, and there's no way to guarantee that it will match up exactly as a set sourced from the same cut of leather. The end result, is that your interior when inspected closely, looks like a patchwork of different cuts of leather pieced together.

That said, changing most of the pieces should be easy, except for the center console. I think you have to replace the entire dash, as the center console section and dash are one piece. The lower half is tan, and the tan section isn't a separately replaceable piece.

Last edited:
So what's the status on this car? Any idea what the asking price is? BTW, the tan interior doesn't bother me one bit.

So what's the status on this car? Any idea what the asking price is? BTW, the tan interior doesn't bother me one bit.

It's on eBay now, if you wanted to see pictures. Looks like they are asking $60K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2001-Acura-NSX-low-miles-7500miles-only_W0QQitemZ250256791487QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250256791487&

I have no interest in the sale, financial or otherwise, just passing on the info.

WOW! Check out the TSX in the background! What a car! :smile: (that's what I drive, white of course)

3061958_7.jpg

As Ben said, this car has significance as the only one of its kind. Hopefully the person who gets it keeps it original.

Daddy Like! I guess I always thought the few coupes came with colored tops?

Daddy Like! I guess I always thought the few coupes came with colored tops?

With the exception of the Zanardis which all had body colored red tops, all 1997-2001 Coupes came with black roofs by default, unless the original buyer ordered it with a body colored roof (which some did).

With the exception of the Zanardis which all had body colored red tops, all 1997-2001 Coupes came with black roofs by default, unless the original buyer ordered it with a body colored roof (which some did).

Yea, I was about to chime in. I remember seeing the allocation/order screen and my mind just getting excited, back in the day. NSX's were order only cars, some dealers never got any.. if they didnt order any:wink:

My favorite NA2 coupe, the Monaco Blue/Black 01 I saw at NSXPO 05:eek:

Back