• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 Imola at Sherway Acura - Ontario

Pretty reasonable price for a rare colour. I like it. Someone needs to pick it up and throw on a blower!

This looks like the car that was the journalist demo car when the 02 model was first introduced to the Canadian market. That’s consistent with the car show duty and photograph. (Of course, it was simply a standard NSX, not built expressly for a car show.) If so, it was first offered for sale in Langley, BC, in the spring of '03, I think. It arrived there with about 7k km and was sold as a demo car with full warranty. They put four new wheels and tires on, since the original ones had a fair amount of curb rash.

It sat in the showroom for a long time, maybe for a year and a half or so. I drove it once and it was just fine; I just didn’t like the color. It was never sold locally and the dealer told me later it was sold to someone in Edmonton. That’s the last I heard of it, until now -- if this is, in fact, the same car.

I looked at the Car to day @ lunch...not bad except for the Cheap set of TSW wheels.

No a bad price ....They don't have the details service history.

The Colour Combo would not be my choice.

Bram

What's the interior colour Bram?

Mississauga-20110323-00015.jpgToronto-20110323-00014.jpg

I think MWR01 is correct with his info on the car.

As per the Sales Manager....
"All original 2 Owner car The Original rims and tires are NEW they have maybe 10km on them. The clutch was replaced under warranty around the 30k mark. All Service done at Fairview Acura in Kitchener. The car originated from Calgary and was sold out of Acura on Brant with about 10km on it to my client; he has had it since then. He stored the car with a cover and with the OEM wheels. He is very close to the Service Manager at Fairview and did all his maintence religiously the timing belt was replaced at 49km."

I would never FI this 3.2 with 6 speed, those are fast enough for an old man like me already....lol.
I saw that one in Kelowna up at Terry's party and really liked it, even with the orange interior, but you know, I am strange.
Trev

not really liking the aftermarket tsw wheels on this nsx...would look better with the oem wheels...also are stock nsx clutches only suppose to last 30k? it says the clutch was replaced at 30 k

Ok, I know this car now....it was sitting at Acura on Brant for about 1 year with 10K on the Clock, Ray the (General Manager) was asking $68K for the car back in 2005-2006.

This was a Honda Canada press Car....that explain why the Clutch went @30K

Bram

hey bram

so does that mean that the those press guys or gals cant drive? or does it mean this nsx has had a rough life lol....probably some hard km on that car...

so the price of this nsx really hasnt dropped all that much back in 05/06 when you said with 10k on the odo and they were already asking 68k

Last edited:
I dunno about the driving habits....but single disk clutchs on six speed cars go well over 70-80K miles.

The price on NSX's don't drop very much...and this one is well in the ball park for a 2002.

Bram

Guys trust me as an ex-Imola owner this color is not properly represented in these pictures. Its so stunning when clean and in the sun.

$58k for this car is a pretty good deal. If someone bought it cheaper then you'd be laughing.

I track the history of Imola's and this is the first to come up for sale in North America in the last 12 months...that's how rare these cars are. Only 49 were brought into NA between 2002 and 2005 for the U.S. market and I think there is only 1 or 2 in Canada in total.

So what if the clutch went....I'm sure the car is in superb condition.

Hey

so the later years of the nsx were very low in numbers arent they neat very rare indeed i saw an imola nsx on the hwy 401 a few years back and i must say i think your right in the sun this color is indeed very nice...either way great looking car

update: looks like they lowered their asking price to 55.9k even better price i wonder if they would take anymore off their asking price

Guys trust me as an ex-Imola owner this color is not properly represented in these pictures. Its so stunning when clean and in the sun.

$58k for this car is a pretty good deal. If someone bought it cheaper then you'd be laughing.

I track the history of Imola's and this is the first to come up for sale in North America in the last 12 months...that's how rare these cars are. Only 49 were brought into NA between 2002 and 2005 for the U.S. market and I think there is only 1 or 2 in Canada in total.

So what if the clutch went....I'm sure the car is in superb condition.[/QUOT

Last edited:
This looks like the car that was the journalist demo car when the 02 model was first introduced to the Canadian market. That’s consistent with the car show duty and photograph. (Of course, it was simply a standard NSX, not built expressly for a car show.) If so, it was first offered for sale in Langley, BC, in the spring of '03, I think. It arrived there with about 7k km and was sold as a demo car with full warranty. They put four new wheels and tires on, since the original ones had a fair amount of curb rash.

It sat in the showroom for a long time, maybe for a year and a half or so. I drove it once and it was just fine; I just didn’t like the color. It was never sold locally and the dealer told me later it was sold to someone in Edmonton. That’s the last I heard of it, until now -- if this is, in fact, the same car.

This IS exactly what I was thinking too........
It sat in the Langley showroom,what seemed like forever!

Stacy

FYI

Just so you guys know, I will be selling my 2002 Spa yellow with the Comptech Autorotor supercharger, plus other mods, for $55k. I have all the stock bits too.

44k km. Single owner car. You all know me, the car, and the mechanic who looks after it. Canadian car. Totally clean history.

Great car. Great worry free deal.

Pm me if you are interested, but I need to sell it once it's out of winter storage.

Back