• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Jaguar F-Type

Bob sez: I like it
smile.gif

f-type01.jpg

f-type02.jpg

f-type03.jpg

1. Looks nice. Is it from the same design team that came up with that horrid S-Class a couple years ago??

2. It looks small, say M Roadster size. Interesting avenue for Jag to pursue. Reminiscent of the old E-types. Cool.

3. Is it going to be a production car? I remember a similar concept car a while back so maybe this is the production version (sort of like Honda with the SSX / S2000)?

4. If yes to 3, are they going to user a motor up to the task, or will be be another S-class with about 50% of the power it really needs? Actually the S-class motor would probably do OK in this smaller car... I think it was around 250 HP. But if they really want to take on the M Roadster, S2000 (which is no doubt lighter), etc. they probably need a little more oomph.

5. If it has a real engine, will it have a manual tranny option? I would hope ANY small 2-seat roadster would have one, but after they failed to put one in the XK8/XKR I wouldn't put anything past them.

Those are some great questions, Lud. Too bad I don't know the answers -- I only have the pictures. Sorry
frown.gif

-Bob

Back