• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 NSX with 100k miles! JH4NA21644S000013

Re: 2004 NSX with 100k miles!

Good for him- at least he had the balls to drive it and not worry about resale value. With proper maintenance, 25K/yr on a Honda product is absolutely normal. Poor car is a car that doesn't get driven.

Last edited:

When I (eventually) get an NSX I plan to do the same thing, drive it as long as I can. This is a drivers car IMHO, and despite the rarity and beauty of this car I wouldn't think of one as a "garage queen."

Hey I have a very nice '91 with 129,000 and it is just as tight as the 21,000 mile 2000 I just sold. I have to say that they hold up extremely well with proper maintenance. And the difference from 3,0 to 3.2 is minor. I do miss the 6 speed though.......

Well my '91 has 149K miles and drives as good as my former '99 18K miles. I've learned from my '99 that saving the car in the garage actually meant wasting it. I do miss the 6spd and targa top, but at the track I prefer the '91 anyday.

Well maintained for 100k miles! I wish it was Berlina Black in which case I might be trying to scrounge up the funds for it. :D

I think this should sell for 45k easy given how well its been taken care of. The engine is much cleaner than even my 1yr old Civic.

do you guys think its worth it for 45K?

Look at the wheel pictures, I see corosion around the bolts. Rain, this car has seen salt. There is no way you can get 25K a year on a car in Chicago and not get it wet. Just love the BS on these listings. My 91 was a non-somking car when I bought it and I found cigar bands under the seat.

Don't know about the rain factor(probably false) but the car does look immaculate and its a good buy if you can get it for $40 tops, good luck.

I might get this one instead of a modified 91-97... Any one here know if I am headed down shits creek if I buy it, like radiator hose replacement, tune ups, timingbelt, water pump, etc?

just get a full inspection at a acura dealer to check for things like that, and try and get maintenence records, or maybe acura has a record on file with the vin(if the work was done at acura)

and just because the car is being sold from chicago doesnt mean its from there, that dealer has had a few nsx's come threw, i think they buy them as lease returns? i dont know but that dealer and its cars has been discussed on here a few times.

as far as 40k tops goes i would say its easily worth 45k, chop the mileage in half it would be a 55k dollar car, 25k miles itd be a 60k car, and so on

^ +1. The car is originally from California. After some further research, I noticed the previous owner was on prime. :) Personally, with the amount of NSX's for sale these days, I would rather get an '02 or '03 with less then half the mileage for about 50k.

yes its wierd that 50-60k is low mileage for a 91-01, yet its sky high mileage for an 02+, ill take the 02 for barely more:biggrin:

I wouldn't pay 45k for it but I'd buy it for the right price.

A daily driven 04 NSX with 100k thats been taken care of and kept up on maintenace. Id pay 45k for it. Its alot better then the 91 NSX that has 5k miles on it which has never been driven and has 3 year old fuel sitting inside the gas tank.

price dropped to 45, like I asked before do you think I'd be up shits creek with this NSX rather than one with lower miles? Also do you guys have any idea what services it will need in the future if all have been performed on mileage basis so far, like hoses, etc.? Speaking of hoses, if you look at the photos, it looks like there are some red hoses/wires near the coolant/Air box, are these normal?

Last edited:
Back