• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Silver/Black JH4NA21674S000006

I'm posting this so someone from NSX Prime may benefit from our homework. We recently lost our 1999 NSX-T when Valencia Acura picked it up for service and crashed it. Terminally. Our car was in San Pedro Auto Body, who were recommended to us by several sources, including NSX Prime members, as the most knowledgable autobody shop for the NSX in the United States. Their expertise exposed all the damage caused by bouncing an NSX off a mountain and compelled us to agree it was time to sell it to the insurance company and buy another car.

RAINBBY was Cindy's NSX and she wanted me to buy another car of my own. Everyone from Philadelphia to Seattle in the NSX community heard we were looking for a replacement and several were very tempting. One possibility just came in tonight, unfortunately a week after we bought a new Porsche.

I haven't taken time to research the owner, but I did a lot of background work on the person recommending this car. He's the shop manager at San Pedro Auto Body: Fabian Sanchez. Mind you, I have nothing to do with him or San Pedro or the seller. I'm a retired Air Force and NASA engineer living 75 miles away. It was my research led me to him, hoping he could fix Cindy's beloved NSX. According to that background work, this man really knows an NSX, and my experience with him was all positive. Could build one from parts if someone paid him to.

Fabian tells me the seller of S000006 is recently widowed. The car was his wife's and Fabian has known the car for a long time. He recommended it to me highly, and I'm passing that on so perhaps another NSX Prime member can take advantage of a good car.

Again, I know nothing personally of the car or the seller, but I can't speak too highly of our experience with Fabian. A day spent doing forensics on a crashed exotic is a great way to assess a body man's knowledge and honesty, especially when he doesn't know how much you know about damaged aluminum before he starts talking. Good man, so this is probably a good recommendation. But do your own research, folks.

I forgot to get the owner's e-mail address, but impose on Fabian at San Pedro Auto Body: [email protected]

Sorry. I forgot the mileage. Around 25k, Fabian estimated, and the carfax I just ran says 23,480 on the first of October when Power Acura changed the air filter. Carfax was clean by the way.

Gary

Last edited:
Back