• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

2005 nsx red on red vin # jh4na21655s000006

Hey all you NSX peeps. I have been on NSX prime since 2009. Im from Toronto Canada and One of my closest friends just bought a 2005 NSX red on red with 7900 miles on it. (Vin # JH4NA21655S000006) This is the only red on red NSX here in Canada, so Im absolutely proud of him for getting this car, which was a story in itself. It's amazing when he picked it up at the border, most Canadians don't even know what kind of car it is and they were all asking if it just came out in 2012. Amazing.

Well a quick story of the purchase, the car was bought from a dealership, he put $2000.00 down and they phoned him two days later, telling him the dealership manager sold the car by accident. A week later it was at another dealership for $5000.00 more than what he paid originally. Not a good story but it happened. He really wanted this ride and paid the $5000.00 anyways. Makes me think these two dealerships were working together. But he got his baby and is happy. We are true car guys and we have both loved the NSX since we were teens. We are in our 40's now, married with kids and mid life is here.

Well, what my friend is looking for. This car had one owner, out of California. Word is this person was a female doctor. My friend has the two keys for the car. But he told me this car comes with a red key that resets something in the radio. I have no knowledge of this. If anyone here on Prime knows the previous owner for this ride, he really wants this red key and manual that comes with it. I hope everyone can touch base with each other and let us know. It will make him even more happy than he is. My only concern is, he has a Hayabusa which he never rides and now this NSX which I don't think he's gonna drive. Plus I told him he needs a Gt One Version 5.1 exhaust. Any opinions?

03.jpg
07.jpg
05.jpg

Well a quick story of the purchase, the car was bought from a dealership, he put $2000.00 down and they phoned him two days later, telling him the dealership manager sold the car by accident.

Whatever, that is BS...
The original dealer should have retrieved the car from the other dealer, period. Even if it meant that they take a loss on the deal because "they made a mistake".
Assuming that your friend and the original dealer executed a purchase contract... that dealer had a legal obligation to sell your friend the car.
A purchase contract would have been executed when a down-payment was provided to the dealer to secure the right to purchase that specific vehicle. The dealer was then in breach of contract and could have been sued for non-performance, damages, and legal fees. Not sure how they run the show up in your province but this is simple contract law.
If your buddy is happy and didn't mind throwing $5000 extra on the pile to secure the vehicle then good for him, looks like a nice car.
Tell him to sell the Busa, its not a Honda :biggrin:

Was the second dealer he paid more to a dealer in Chicago by chance?

Glad to see that car finally having a home, it has been for sale FOREVER, passed around from dealership to dealership. Due to that though, tracking down the red key may pose a problem as it has passed through so many hands, there is a good chance that one of the dealerships lost the key in the transactions.

The red key is used to program new keys in case you ever lose your black keys. Fairly certain it is the lynchpin that communicates with your engine immoblizer. Some more info on it here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147108 and various other threads on Prime if you search around. Sadly, dealerships can often be misinformed about NSXs, so you may want to research the topic here before taking what a dealership says on face value.

Here is a photo of the full keyset:
3079977_9.jpg

Yeah, I think this is the one that has been all over the place, as TURBO2GO said, Chicago very recently. Guess it inched its way up to Canada ;)

Anyway, its a sharp car, I think it lasted so long because of the odd color combo. Then at the price, it was few peoples first choice. Tell your friend congrats and welcome to the community if he joins Prime.

i think before anything else it was the price that held up the sale. at those levels you are in 997 v1/v2 territory; which for the demographic of those who can afford that red nsx a 2007-2008 with a back seat for the young kids is definately appealing.

Yeah, I think this is the one that has been all over the place, as TURBO2GO said, Chicago very recently. Guess it inched its way up to Canada ;)

Anyway, its a sharp car, I think it lasted so long because of the odd color combo. Then at the price, it was few peoples first choice. Tell your friend congrats and welcome to the community if he joins Prime.

Way to much red for my taste but congrats and as for the extra $5000 the dealer was definitely in breech however you guys must've lusted over the car which made them stiff you likeso. Anyway welcome aboard and it's time you join your friend and get an NSX as well.

I'm not sure when I will get one. I'm really not a stock kind of a person like my friend. I want something with flare, widebody kit. Supercharger. So I'm looking for looks and some speed.
But I'm not sure of the NSX or a VIPER. But NSX has always been my first love.

I really appreciate this post. I told my friend to get on NSX prime ASAP. He appreciates the information. One thing about NSX prime, this family of primer's really helps out, when you need something.

Cheers.

A fellow dropped by my shop with a 2005 red on red and I thought it looked quite nice in person. One of the very few NSX's I've ever seen that was all original with no panels repainted, parts replaced, changed, modded or altered.
He has since sold the vehicle.

Back