• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 NSX with 33,xxx miles, non stock wheels goes for $93,000

This 2005 Acura NSX-T is finished in Silverstone Metallic over black leather, and its mid-mounted 3.2-liter VTEC V6 sends power to the rear wheels through a six-speed manual transaxle with a limited-slip differential. Other features include a removable targa roof panel, air conditioning, power-adjustable seats, a factory cassette player, four-wheel disc brakes, two-piece aftermarket wheels, and a Comptech exhaust system. The car was registered in California with two owners from 2005 through January 2020 and was moved to Georgia following the selling dealer’s May 2020 acquisition. The car now shows 33k miles, and service in 2014 included replacement of the timing belt and the water pump. This NA2 NSX is now offered at no reserve in Georgia with a clean Carfax report and a clean California title. No Reserve auction via Bring a Trailer fetched $93,000 today.

I personally would not have purchased this car. When you can get a 2017 or newer NSX for approximately $25k to $35k, you end up with some much more of a car.

Last edited:
Is it just me...or the Mods sleeping. This should NOT be in second generation NSX discussion.:tongue:

Sorry the only reason I posted this because there is some discussion on the merits of purchasing a newer 2017 or greater NSX versus what you get in the 91 to 2005 range. I was surprised that the price was not higher as most people who have these cars seem to ask a lot for them. The market on the other hand did not value it above $100k. Having had a 91 as well as a 2001 I thought the price would have been higher. I sold my 2001 for about $80k back in 2016. It was not stock and I thought that hurt my price, but did not want to take it apart.

most buyers of 90k+ NA2 are seeking out the "old school analog" experience....or adding to a collection....

Jh4na21605s000155

First of all, let's get the VIN into here for posterity: JH4NA21605S000155
Silverstone/Onyx six speed that per the FMVSS label was produced June of 2005. It had been a two owner Calif car before being sniped by Atlanta, GA, seller nexusautobrokers (or similar name) and brought to GA.
A couple thoughts:

- ironically, it's going back to California (San Jose I think I saw?)
- in my opinion, even though a clean carflax, the front fascia had either been re-painted/re-finished, or replaced
- 18" Ro-Ja wheels looked O K, but lack of OEM wheels should have held it back a couple thousand $$$
- it sure needed a cleaning and detailing
- stereo control button missing (no reasonable explanation for that crap)
- red immobilizer key not present (no big deal until both OEM keys are lost/MIA, then a BIG deal.... )
- add in the BAT buyer's fee of pretty close to $5,000, and the buyer laid out ~ $98,000 for it. Ships enclosed for no charge to buyer so that is cool

Personally I thought it exceeded fair market value and overachieved :biggrin:

"A rising tide floats all boats." :smile:

And.......2005 Berlina/Onyx now pops up F S BAT out of Houston, TX.

JH4NA216X5S000146

Just under 30K miles, one owner, all goodies come with incl window sticker. With a very impressive presentation, and extra OEM parts and accessories inventory.

Watch this one GO :biggrin: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :biggrin:

Other than having the same 3 letters, "NSX", the new and old NSXs are apples and pineapples. I initially liked the new "NSX" when it was unveiled in 2015. I looked at it up close but the lighting and closed windows prevented me from examining its gaudy interior. I have been trying to tolerate it but just could not stomach it. The original NSX was groundbreaking and was built by a group of down to earth, dedicated and humble engineers. The new one is, should I say, designed and built with a banjo playing in the background. Similarly, there is no debate about someone shopping for a 1971 Hemi Challenger when the new 2020 Hemi Challenger" runs circle around it.
Steve

Other than having the same 3 letters, "NSX", the new and old NSXs are apples and pineapples. I initially liked the new "NSX" when it was unveiled in 2015. I looked at it up close but the lighting and closed windows prevented me from examining its gaudy interior. I have been trying to tolerate it but just could not stomach it. The original NSX was groundbreaking and was built by a group of down to earth, dedicated and humble engineers. The new one is, should I say, designed and built with a banjo playing in the background. Similarly, there is no debate about someone shopping for a 1971 Hemi Challenger when the new 2020 Hemi Challenger" runs circle around it.
Steve

banjo playing in the background?

don't get me wrong, I'm a die hard NA1 guy myself, but the NC1 is being benchmarked like the original did when it came out by companies like Ferrari and Porsche in their design process..

the new SF90 Stradale is a carbon copy of NC1 NSX technology 5 years later at a base price of $625,000

if I had $115K burning a hole in my pocket, I'd get a slightly used NC1 over any Na1/Na2 priced at $100K and wouldn't think twice about it.....

I don't think this is gaudy, it is gorgeous.......but that's just me:smile:

2017-acura-nsx-interior.jpg

Similarly, there is no debate about someone shopping for a 1971 Hemi Challenger when the new 2020 Hemi Challenger" runs circle around it.
Steve

great analogy...from an internist no less...:tongue:

And.......2005 Berlina/Onyx now pops up F S BAT out of Houston, TX.

JH4NA216X5S000146

Just under 30K miles, one owner, all goodies come with incl window sticker. With a very impressive presentation, and extra OEM parts and accessories inventory.

Watch this one GO :biggrin: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :biggrin:

Neal, it has more like 40K miles, but since I have #78 in the same configuration, with more after-market goodies, plus all the OEM stuff, I am looking closely at this one! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-acura-nsx-11/ Already at $95K? Definitely in 6 figure territory when the gavel falls.

Last edited:
Neal, it has more like 40K miles, but since I have #78 in the same configuration, with more after-market goodies, plus all the OEM stuff, I am looking closely at this one! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-acura-nsx-11/ Already at $95K? Definitely in 6 figure territory when the gavel falls.

Uurp, Gene, you are right - 40K miles - I musta been gobsmacked when posting up. Hope you are well?!?

:biggrin:

And by the way, I was there and watching when you drove through the Las Vegas Acura dealership lane and had your avatar picture taken! You had QUITE the grin :redface:

Last edited:
The NC1's are not doing so well in the use car market in the GTA...Eg

2017 Blue with carbon etc with 35KM, listed for $140K Canadian vs a 2000 NA2 with 66KM for $140K...looks all stock.

With the Canadian dollar @~70-71 cents US just over $100K

Bram

Bram

Steve

This is very well said. While I personally appreciate the interior in the NC1, the driving experience however isn't even comparable with the NA1/2; (if you're preference is actually driving versus technology driving for you).

Uurp, Gene, you are right - 40K miles - I musta been gobsmacked when posting up. Hope you are well?!?

:biggrin:

And by the way, I was there and watching when you drove through the Las Vegas Acura dealership lane and had your avatar picture taken! You had QUITE the grin :redface:

Yep! :) That was my first (and last) national meet with the NSX. Doing well here as I trust you are. If you remember, you pointed out that the driver's side seat bolster had some damage. Although I couldn't prove it, I'm sure someone in the dealership had done it, as I had it detailed there as well as an oil change before we gathered there. I was able to find some pristine seats and had them shipped to me via Greyhound from SoCal, so took care of that. Anyone interested in seats?

Steve

You got that right Steve. I agree 100%.
H-

I personally would not have purchased this car. When you can get a 2017 or newer NSX for approximately $25k to $35k, you end up with some much more of a car. <style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc ;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox

Last edited:
It's missing a third pedal.

Just sayin.

banjo playing in the background?

don't get me wrong, I'm a die hard NA1 guy myself, but the NC1 is being benchmarked like the original did when it came out by companies like Ferrari and Porsche in their design process..

the new SF90 Stradale is a carbon copy of NC1 NSX technology 5 years later at a base price of $625,000

if I had $115K burning a hole in my pocket, I'd get a slightly used NC1 over any Na1/Na2 priced at $100K and wouldn't think twice about it.....

I don't think this is gaudy, it is gorgeous.......but that's just me:smile:

2017-acura-nsx-interior.jpg

Is ichibanx (the winning bidder from BaT) here on Prime? I'd be interested in some of those extra goodies that came with the auction.

This 2005 Acura NSX-T is finished in Silverstone Metallic over black leather, and its mid-mounted 3.2-liter VTEC V6 sends power to the rear wheels through a six-speed manual transaxle with a limited-slip differential. Other features include a removable targa roof panel, air conditioning, power-adjustable seats, a factory cassette player, four-wheel disc brakes, two-piece aftermarket wheels, and a Comptech exhaust system. The car was registered in California with two owners from 2005 through January 2020 and was moved to Georgia following the selling dealer’s May 2020 acquisition. The car now shows 33k miles, and service in 2014 included replacement of the timing belt and the water pump. This NA2 NSX is now offered at no reserve in Georgia with a clean Carfax report and a clean California title. No Reserve auction via Bring a Trailer fetched $93,000 today.

I personally would not have purchased this car. When you can get a 2017 or newer NSX for approximately $25k to $35k, you end up with some much more of a car.
In my opinion, most buyers of 90k+ NA2 are seeking out the "old school analog" experience or adding to a collection.

First of all, let's get the VIN into here for posterity: JH4NA21605S000155
Silverstone/Onyx six speed that per the FMVSS label was produced June of 2005. It had been a two owner Calif car before being sniped by Atlanta, GA, seller nexusautobrokers (or similar name) and brought to GA.
A couple thoughts:

- ironically, it's going back to California (San Jose I think I saw?)
- in my opinion, even though a clean carflax, the front fascia had either been re-painted/re-finished, or replaced
- 18" Ro-Ja wheels looked O K, but lack of OEM wheels should have held it back a couple thousand $$$
- it sure needed a cleaning and detailing
- stereo control button missing (no reasonable explanation for that crap)
- red immobilizer key not present (no big deal until both OEM keys are lost/MIA, then a BIG deal.... )
- add in the BAT buyer's fee of pretty close to $5,000, and the buyer laid out ~ $98,000 for it. Ships enclosed for no charge to buyer so that is cool

Personally I thought it exceeded fair market value and overachieved :biggrin:

"A rising tide floats all boats." :smile:

Hey, there do you have or can you please tell me about 2006 Acura Rsx Service Repair Shop Manual Factory Oem Books X Dealership 2006, searched all the web couldn't find anywhere.

Back