• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2006 Official Mt Baker Drive - Aug 20th, Sunday

Mt Baker drive has been confirmed with the ski area office.

After finally getting a hold of the a few key people at the Mt Baker office, the Puget Sound/Seattle NSX Club has secured the White Salmon Day Lodge for August 20th. This is a Sunday. The drive will start from the same location as the last 2 years - 70th St Park & Ride off of I-405 northbound (Kirkland, WA). As last year we should be able to leave by 7:15-7:30am, 2-3 stops on the way, and arrive at the Mt Baker Lodge around 11:00-11:30am. Stay for a few hours for lunch (BRING YOUR OWN / BAG IT) and start to return between 1:00-2:00pm arriving back in the Kirkland/Bellevue area around 4:30-5:00pm.

I have also invited the Ferrari Club (with confirmation in their newsletter), the Porsche Club, and the BMW Club. I have decided not to include the S2000 Club due to 2 years of over the edge driving (sorry guys). I know I will here about it and I know not everyone drives this way, but this will be considered a SAFE & SANE drive up to the lodge. There may be a few S2000 guys that can attend, but it will be selective. More info on who can attend later.

There will be a $10.00 fee per car for the lodge use. This gives us access to the lodge, generators on, and restrooms while at Mt Baker. The lodge is normally closed during the summer months, so this is strickly open for our use only. I will collect the money at the start of the drive. Make sure you have $10, lunch, full tank of fuel, and ready to enjoy a great drive route.

I am open to ideas, so let them fly. If someone wants to start a chime-in list or however you set those "who is attending" list/confirmation things, feel free. I don't know how.

Look forward to everyone having a good time and hopefully the weather cooperates. There should be some exiting cars with the NSX's this year.

List of attendees:
1. NA1/2R
2. John@Microsoft
3. Heather
4. NSX-D
5. DrVolkl
6. Brian
7. kclements
8. Gene & Susan
9. PepCsS2k
10.gomarlins3
11.Berlina#2290
12.versionJDM
13.react
14.HIMIKE2K3
15.rice-classic
16.zahntech
17.Danny (E55)
18.Kelvin & Amber
19.PNWS2KLOVER
20.Tukluc
21.bahula03
22.SeattleJason
23.VWhater
24.Polar
25.L5-S1NSX
26.NSXDreamer2
27.Jan Davis
28.Al Davis
29.SCHUSS
30.Bill B
31.Ted W
32.bjryan (+ friends)
33.SaberX
34.Spa4eva
35.AP1-NA1

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Ok, you guys have been wanting this drive for quite a while and I only get one response. Come on, where's the love. Who else is coming?

Note: The Ferrari Club of America, Northwest Region has also listed this drive on the "Upcoming Events Calender" on their website. www.nwrfca.org

Hoping to see a few RED CARS on this drive.

Last edited:
Well there seems to be some questions on inviting the S2000 Club. This is what I will say about it. There is an actual thread on the "S2KI" Northwest forum board about the NSX drive to Mt Baker, some S2000 members want to attend and others want to do there own thing because the S2000 can hold it's own. It's this kind of thinking - "S2000 can hold it's own" - that worries me. If the S2000 drivers can respect others, then we would not have this issue now. This drive is not a race and will not be a high speed event. I will open the invite to the S2000 members as long as they agree to keep things reasonable. I hope there will not be anybody that makes this an unpleasant drive for everybody else.

Hint: The S2000 members should read the advice on the S2KI.com home page - "Tips For A Successful Group Drive". If they can follow the advice of one of their own, then we should have no trouble.

If you think you need to drive fast to prove something, then lets take it to a lapping day event at Pacific Raceways (S.I.R.) and let the stop watch show us how fast you are!

5. Eric

Can't wait! (I don't think my wife will be coming, the redhook drive took care of that.)
:smile:

DrVolkl said:
5. Eric

Can't wait! (I don't think my wife will be coming, the redhook drive took care of that.)
:smile:

DrVolkl! I caught you taken a hard Left into your neighborhood this morning :) Beautiful car! Love the Sebring color and would be my color of choice.

(sorry for the hijack, Dean)

Ananda, are you going to be able to make it to the Mt Baker drive?

Hi Dean,

Add a red NSX to your list as Susan and I would like to attend.....

It was good to see you last Saturday and the conversation was appreciated :smile:

Keep me in the loop.

Thanks,
Gene

so that makes...

7. kclements

8. Gene & Susan

Are there any other takers?

I'm hoping to join if my car still runs fine.

this will be my 3rd time for the Mt.Baker drive.

Something strange had been developed after our last group drive. I wasn't pushing the car at all, and after the group drive, I had moved my car to a different spot in the middle of dinner, didn't notice anything strange. When it's time to leave, my clutch seems to "stick" for like 1/2 second.

Bleed the clutch as soon as I got home and seems like there's no bubble and the fluid is only a tag darker. Clutch still sticky as we speak. Didn't see there's any leak on master and slave cylinder either. If the car is cold and off ignition, it won't stick, but can hear loud squeaky noise.

My buddy is going to check the shift fork for me, and hopefully it's just dirty or ran out of lube, or else...

If it's indeed the throw out bearing, I'll be out of commision for awhile.

Optikal said:
DrVolkl! I caught you taken a hard Left into your neighborhood this morning :) Beautiful car! Love the Sebring color and would be my color of choice.

(sorry for the hijack, Dean)

Thanks!! :biggrin:

Here are a few S2000s confirmations (and they promise to be good :) ) I can vouche for them... they are good people and want to enjoy the drive and take some pictures of their cars against a Mt. Shuksan background.

1. PepCsS2K
2. gomarlins3
3. Berlina#2290
4. versionJDM
5. react
6. HIMIKE2K3
7. rice_classic

Glad to have them aboard...

9. PepCsS2k
10. gomarlins3
11. Berlina #2290
12. version JDM
13. react
14. HIMIKE2K3
15. rice_classic

Keep those names coming, would love to have at least 30 cars this trip.

Spread The Word!

I need someone to place a post on the Mt Baker Drive thread on the S2KI.com (I'm having trouble logging on), let them know the meeting place is the 70th St Park-n-Ride in Kirkland right off I-405 northbound. Time/date - Sunday August 20th between 7am-7:30am. Would like to be on the road by 7:30am. Also direct them to this thread some we can have an accurate count. If also someone can fire off an e-mail to the Claim Jumper Group that would be appreciated. I try also, but I only have an old e-mail to use.

Thanks...

Dean

p.s. - I don't know if anybody knew about this, but Ferrari of Seattle had their annual track day at Pacific Raceways on Monday. Here is a little teaser.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Kelvinz said:
I'm going to try and make it as well :biggrin:

Kelvin+Amber

18. Kelvin & Amber
19. PNWS2KLOVER
20. Tukluc
21. bahula03
22. SeattleJason
23. VWhater
24. Polar

Hope you have fun! Zahntech - thanks for being the go between on the s2ki.com thread. Maybe leave another comment on that thread for them to update the attendance list on this thread, but I will continue to check their thread.

Last edited:
NSX-D said:
Dean

p.s. - I don't know if anybody knew about this, but Ferrari of Seattle had their annual track day at Pacific Raceways on Monday. Here is a little teaser.

Their was some Ferrari challenge event at PIR wrapping up today, a whole bunch of 360's and an F40 teared down the service roads on their way out. One stayed behind I guess, ran in the Novice group along with a silver Gallardo.

Has anybody contacted the Claim Jumper Group or Florin, or sent out an e-mail to the group?

Back