• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2008 Monterey ALMS Acura Hospitality Event

I'm sure Tom is taking care of us... he's never failed us before so let's give him a chance.

J

Agreed. Though many of us may have missed over the fine print that Gary just noted: "PayPal payments must be done in conjunction with one of the ordering methods above. If you just send your payment, it may not be processed correctly."

I for one didn't realize additional posting/faxing was needed after stating in the message box that it was for the ALMS tickets. Perhaps that explains why I or others haven't received a confirmation. My PayPal transaction was on 8/5.

Here is my confirmation emailed to me on 7/28

Dear Tom,
We have received your request to purchase 2 tickets. We have processed your payment of $170. If you requested additional tickets, we will process those requests in the next week, please forward payment for the additional tickets.
I will need the names of all of your guests if any by September 10th so I can properly print the passes. .
About September 22, I will be mailing the tickets, parking passes and name badges to:
xxxxxx
Sacramento, CA xxxxx.
If this is incorrect or you would like them mailed elsewhere, please contact me immediately.
Thank you for signing up for this year’s Acura hospitality event at the Laguna Seca ALMS races.
Tom Kohrs
NW Region Rep.
NSXCA

Guys,

Sorry I am delinquent in getting the confirmations back out. Things have been very hectic, along with a very inconvientent computer crash last week. I will do my best to get the confirmations this week.

For anyone that has not told me the name of their guest, I will need that information very soon.

Tom

TK-
I understand that you might be mailing out the tickets to us in late August. If you don't mind, can you keep us posted when you plan to, if you haven't already? Just in case we don't receive ours in the mail, we'll still have time to take care of any situations before the event.

16 more days:tongue:
Thanks a bunch.

The current count is 149 people and 85 NSX's.

As for the tickets, I finally got through to the contact at the track I have to work with. He was not responding to phone or emails last week because of the AMA races. The track will mail the tickets to me this week. Hopefully I will have them by the weekend and can get them in the mail next week. I will notify everyone when they go out.

I purchased a couple of extra tickets, just in case some get lost in the mail. The only problem, is I will be gone by then. If the guy who is doing the registration for the event want to sell them, he will be free to.

Tom

Last edited:
What if some tickets do NOT get lost in the mail? Will these extras become available for purchase with corral parking? Nevermind...... I forgot to renew my membership. doh.

I am leaving seattle 3am thursday the 16th. I will be staying at the Monterey bay inn. I hope to land in town about 5pm thursday. Is anyone doing anything thursday night or meeting up for breakfast friday morning. It appears I am driving solo from seattle. The rest of my crew is not responding:frown: I am looking for some local entertainment if possible. Thanks
John

whats the schedule on Friday? And if I can only come to the event on Friday do I still have to buy a 3 day ticket?

whats the schedule on Friday? And if I can only come to the event on Friday do I still have to buy a 3 day ticket?

You can buy a one-day ticket, but it would be directly through the event ticket providers and you wouldn't have access to the Acura hospitality area/perks. I'm pretty sure all of the tix sold through NSXCA (which include the Acura VIP treatment) were 3-day tix.

As for the event schedule, I believe a detailed schedule was sent out. PM me if you didn't get it or need it re-sent.

J

Some of my friends are just coming on Friday as well. Just pay for $20.00 general admission tickets and park up on the hill. You can always walk over to the Acura NSX corral area and hang out. It well worth the time and drive to attend this event. Even if it's only for 1 day.

Last edited:
Friday, October 17, 2008
9:00 am Hospitality chalet and car corral parking open
9:30 am - 9:55 am Practice - IMSA Lites Presented by Hankook
10:05 am - 11:05 am Practice - American Le Mans Series (All Classes)
11:15 am - 11:35 am Practice - Superstars of Superkarts
11:45 am - 12:05 pm Practice - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup
12:05 pm -12:20 pm ALL Acura Motorsport drivers’ visit
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm Catered lunch provided by Acura
1:05 pm - 1:45 pm Practice - Star Mazda Championship presented by Goodyear
1:55 pm - 2:55 pm Practice - American Le Mans Series (All Classes)
3:05 pm - 3:25 pm Qualifying - American Le Mans Series (GT1/GT2)
3:30 pm - 3:50 pm Qualifying - American Le Mans Series (LM P1/LM P2)
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Qualifying - IMSA Challenge by Michelin
4:40 pm - 5:05 pm Qualifying - IMSA Lites Presented by Hankook
5:00 pm Hospitality chalet and car corral parking closed. No overnight parking.

Saturday, October 18, 2008
9:00 am Hospitality chalet and car corral parking open
9:00 am Sign-up for IMSA-facilitated Acura NSX parade lap (first-come-first-serve)
9:00 am - 9:45 am Qualifying - Star Mazda Championship Presented by Goodyear
9:55 am - 10:20 am Warm Up - American Le Mans Series (All Classes)
10:40 am - 11:10 am IMSA Lites Presented by Hankook Race #1 - 30 Minutes
10:30 am Mandatory drivers and passenger parade lap safety briefing by IMSA
11:00 am Stage all credentialed NSXs for IMSA-facilitated parade lap
11:30 am - 11:50 am IMSA facilitated Acura NSX parade lap (50 cars maximum)
12:00 pm -12:15 pm Mobil 1 technical presentation
12:15 pm – 2:00 pm Catered lunch provided by Acura
12:15 pm - 1:00 pm Star Mazda Championship Presented by Goodyear Race - 45 Minutes
1:00 pm - 1:15 pm Michelin Motorsports technical presentation
1:20 pm - 1:50 pm IMSA Challenge by Michelin Race #1 - 30 Minutes
1:55 pm - 2:45 pm Recon Laps / American Le Mans Series Pre-Race Activities
2:45 pm - 6:45 pm Monterey Sports Car Championships for the American Le Mans Series Race Round (12) - 4 Hours
6:45 pm End of event

Notes:
• Schedule subject to change.
• Unless otherwise noted, planned activities will be held at the hospitality tent.
• Acura parking exclusive to credentialed Acura NSXs only. No overnight parking.
• Must have hospitality credentials to access hospitality amenities, raffle drawings, etc.
• Radio Scanner users: IMSA race control frequency - 451.1750
• IMSA-Guided “Hot Pit” tour winner must be 18 years or older and physically fit. IMSA provided credentials are non-transferable.
• For event and ticket information, please contact NSX Club of America.

Some of my friends are just coming on Friday as well. Just pay for $20.00 general admission tickets and park up on the hill. You can always walk over to the Acura NSX corral area and hang out. It well worth the time and drive to attend this event. Even if it's only for 1 day.

OK so its just $20 but I don't get to mingle in the Acura hospitality tent and attend the catered lunch? Can I buy my ticket at the door? I think it would be worth it to come down even for 1 day.

I don't see why not. I'm sure you'll be able to mingle with the others at the tent area, but not sure about the food part. Need to speak with the cordinator.

Last edited:
OK so its just $20 but I don't get to mingle in the Acura hospitality tent and attend the catered lunch? Can I buy my ticket at the door? I think it would be worth it to come down even for 1 day.

You will be able to come down to the car corral area, but will not have access to the tent or seating trackside. Also, as mentioned, you will not have access to the catering. There is a gaurd checking credentials at the gate for tent and seating access.

You should still be able to get raceday tickets as a regular spectator, but you should check the track's website to see if they are still available.

i guess im to late to purchase my coral parking passes i guess ill be the solo nsx parking outside or maybe just take the dd. :frown:

No....I will be parked outside the corral also since I will be buying my ticket at the door for just Friday.

Back