• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2010 NSX SE Mini Expo- June 19th FCI- Greensboro NC

Hello Fellow NSX Owners!

I am excited to say that we have selected Saturday, June 19th as the 2nd Annual NSX SE Mini Expo! Last year we had around 30 cars and owners converge on Greensboro NC for a great afternoon of fun and excitement. Foreign Cars Italia/International in Greensboro has agreed again to host our event. They were gracious enough to let us tour their facility and get a very close look at some very rare autos and a great shop. A big thanks goes out to the team at FCI for extending their facility again!

John Komar (NSX organizer in the east) and I will be sharing additional details as we get closer. We are planning to meet at FCI between 9:30- 10 am, touring the shop, caravanning to another location to have lunch and then a planned drive for those that are interested.

Like last year there was a large group that caravaned in from the Triangle, The Triad, and there were several of us that came up from the Charlotte area. Details about meeting places will follow as we get closer. Last year we also pulled owners from VA, SC and TN, the more the merrier! If you know or see NSX owners in your town that may not be on Prime let them know as well.

Getting a headcount upfront with those planning on attending will be helpful in planning the spot where we will have lunch as well as the drive afterwards.

It will be a very fun day and one that we can continue to grow the NSX community with!

Foreign Cars International
5603 Roanne Way
Greensboro NC 27409
(I-40 @ Guilford College Road Ext 213)
9:30-10 am Saturday June 19th, 2010

We look forward to seeing you there!

Michael and John
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/images/attach/jpeg.gif

Michael, this sounds like a great event. Hope we can top the number of cars attending at last years event. I'll try and get as many as possible from the eastern side of the state.

John

Hey guys,

As of now ... count me in. It's a little far out and my travel schedule can change. I was there last year and had a great time. Looking forward to it again.

Keep me posted with the details as they come.

Last edited:
Hey MP, good to hear you're alive and well and back on the road. Tell us more about your transmission repair???

John

Hey MP, good to hear you're alive and well and back on the road. Tell us more about your transmission repair???

John

Transmission repair went pretty smooth actually. Got the NSX towed from Fredericksburg, VA back to Raleigh after 4 months of not running (not having a place to work on the car wasn't much fun). Got the new transmission outer case, snap ring, and all seals from Dali Racing for ~$800. Put her up on jack stands the next Friday and drove away in it on the Sunday after that. I have put 5000 miles on it since the repair and have 0 problems.

It really isn't all that hard, just requires a lot of hand tools, some way to measure the differential preload, a way to a bearing off of one of the shafts, and some precision measurement tools to get the right spacer thickness. It could be done in one weekend if you didn't have to order a new spacer.

By the way...I am 100% back in Raleigh now...no more Virginia for me.

Sorry Michael, I will be on Vacation that week.
I hate I am missing this event.
Hope to catch up soon, at the monthly event.

Sorry you can't make it Lester, we miss seeing you at C&C. Hope to do it again in the late summer/fall and come your way for a drive through the mountains.

Take care and have a great vacation.

have to work that weekend:mad:

Hey Ned, John Komar here. I have you listed on my NC NSX owners roster. But I do not have a phone number or e-mail address for you.

Unless you'd rather not share this information, please PM me with a contact phone # and your e-mail address and I'll add this to the roster. Looking forward to seeing you on the 19th.

Michael and I are hoping to top last year's attendance.

We are getting several signed up to go! This should be a great turn out this year. Please if you are thinking of going please either PM myself of John K. so that we can get a headcount to let FCI know and so that we can finalize things with the restaurant with numbers for lunch.

We are really looking forward to toping last years numbers. Hope to see everyone out again.

Michael

Hey Guys, I plan on making it again.... Jeff

Edited: Tuesday, June 1st
FYI, the following owners will be attending:

1. John K.
2. Michael C.
3. Darrin P.
4. Tim W.
5. James P. & son
6. Tony F.
7. Jeff H.
8. Ned O.
9. M-P
10. Charles H
11. Wayne B
12. John W
13. Russ P
14. Rick H
15. Ben B
16. Randy I
17. Joey
18. MYNEXUS
19. Tom F
20 David K

Last edited:
Hey Jeff, glad to hear it.

FYI, the following owners will be attending:

1. John K.
2. Michael C.
3. Darrin P.
4. Tim W.
5. James P. & son
6. Tony F.
7. Jeff H.
8. Ned O.
9. M-P
10. Charles plus 1. I found the problem. It was the FMU from Comptech went bad..

Charles, glad to see you'll be able to make it.

John

Miichael,

Long time.....I am really sorry that i will also be on vacation that week. I will be in Kiawah and was really looking to get together with C. Hudson since i have his old hood and R wing..... Charles i will call, have fun in Greensboro.

Peter

Sorry we are going to miss you Peter! It would have been great to have you. Maybe next year.

I hope everyone is looking hard at their calendars to see if they can make it this year. Still trying to get a head count so that we can find a place for lunch and the drive afterwards.

Take care.

Michael

Miichael,

Long time.....I am really sorry that i will also be on vacation that week. I will be in Kiawah and was really looking to get together with C. Hudson since i have his old hood and R wing..... Charles i will call, have fun in Greensboro.

Peter
Great Peter,
I like the look from the video you sent!!! my nicer twin

Count me in.

John

Hey John, your counted!

Look for information later as to where we will meet in Raleigh area to drive up to Greensboro.

Hey John, would you e-mail me with your correct e-mail address. I know you gave it to me once but I must have gotten it wrong as I get an error every time I try to e-mail you directly.

Thanks,

John

Hey John,

Just an FYI ... a good friend of mine will be joining for the ride and lunch in case you need a head count.

He knows a few people of the saes guys at F.C.I. as well.

Thanks,

Darrin

Count me in.
Maybe we can caravan from Charlotte.

Rick

'95 NST-T Red/Black

Rick, I believe Michael C will be organizing the group from the Charlotte area for the trip over to Greensboro.

John

Back