• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2010 Rick Design Custom Super NSX 1 of 1!!

I called to order the Pontiac Fiero version of the Rick Design Super NSX for $150K.

Ricks Design you mean Ricks left overs from another build. LOL

heres what he would say if you went and looked at the car.

Rick:this car has lots of HP wanna buy it?
You: how much HP
Rick: Lots
You: how many miles?
Rick: Zero
You: did you say zero?
Rick: Yes Zero
You: what year is this car?
Rick: 2010
You: they made NSX's in 2010
Rick: yeap its the first of its kind.
You: How much?
Rick: $200,000
You: Are you a moron?
Rick: Whats that suppose to mean?

Other than the Fauxrari flinging buttress, the design doesn't look half bad. In fact, I would say it is a lot better than a lot of the WB designs that have pooped up here on Prime. I think a lot of you would be more lenient if they hadn't attached such a ludicrous price tag to this tub of jumbled parts, or if the fit and finish had been seriously reckoned with.

Besides, I hear that more examples of this kit are soon to be imported. I've already made my bid and wired my cash to some guy in Lithuania who promises that he's on the up-n-up.

Likelihood of this being a scam? about 295%

The least they could do is not use such an ugly POS FOR the scam though! I mean come on... LOL

How much extra would I have to pay if I wanted them to do more bodywork and make it look like an NSX?

The Auction ended early due to no bids. but i did send him this e-mail

"I know you were selling that NSX with the RICK's bodykit for 200,000, but I am wondering how much EXTRA would you charge me to return it back to the original look, I mean remove all the crap you installed? let me know."

I know that if I had an NSX and wanted 2.3 Million for it, then its my biz to sell it for that much but come-on the guy selling other cars, with zero miles, so he must be buying cars with 200K miles and putting a body kit on them and selling them with no- miles since body kit install, its a loop hole in the LAW and he found it.

I believe this may be a scam also - who in the hell would try and sell a car like that for some crazy amount? Somethings just gotta be wrong here!

Likelihood of this being a scam? about 295%

The least they could do is not use such an ugly POS FOR the scam though! I mean come on... LOL

What would the a scam be? No one is going to buy that car for 200k, sooo no scam.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Its internets famous!
Rick Design is famous in Quebec for lavish creations and wild themes. This NSX follows that trend but is it hit or miss?

JAG_6607_0.jpg

par Alex Crepault

Si vous parcourrez moindrement la scène du tuning depuis les 10 dernières années, vous avez sans aucun doute déjà croisé l'une des créations de notre ami Éric Labbé, a.k.a Rick Design.
Rick est tout simplement un des "customizer" les plus en vogue au Québec. Que l'on parle de l'Acura EL de Textalium, de la Skyline Godzilla ou de la A4 "wide body" de Simon Lanciault, toutes ses créations sont des oeuvres d'art sur quatre roues.

Its internets famous!

From these pics, the quality is worse than I originally thought. Look at the Navigation screen, you can still see where the factory stereo went. Not good, not good at all.:eek:

The body panels, motor work...no attention to detail.

Missed the mark??? He missed the whole board!:cool:

Okay. For what it's worth, I actually kind of like the car.

IMO, there are too many visual cues that suggest Ferrari and Lambo. That is a negative. It looks pretty good from the front -- it's angular, aggressive, and modern.

The kit designer should have stayed away from copying Italian cars and just come up with a simple high-tech look for the rear that echoed the front. Dump the flying buttresses and louvers over the hatch. For the tails, hack up some Clearcorners LEDs. Give the tail lights a sharp rectangular edge to match the headlights. This would make it a pretty cool body kit.

Ebay price is stupid. No argument there. But it's still a widebody supercharged NSX, and it's not a completely tasteless build. Maybe someone will buy it for 1/10th the price.

^ alright vmlinsx?????? get out of the sun and get lots of water:rolleyes: there is nothing original about this car.

If Honda didn't want to get air in and out of the engine compartment they would've asked Rick for his advice, but they didn't!

FWIW you've got good taste in bikes. Your VF100R is awesome

Last edited:
Holy Shit Almighty, That thing is totally f*cked! :eek: Not for nothing, but when my NSX's front end was disassembled for an NSX-R conversion, even without body panels on it, it still looked better than this pile of crap. As our esteemed colleague mentioned earlier, the nav screen cutout is f*cking atrocious. Did they not see the original stereo cutout protruding past the nav screen? :confused: Holy F*ck! The ugly front end, the ugly ASS end! And the fitment of the body panels! Christ Almighty, I could have done a better job with one arm tied around my balls! :biggrin: And where did they even find a vendor that could supply them with as much bondo as they used? Jesus Christmas! What a hideous pile of sh*t. What in the f*ck are some people thinking? This thing looks almost as bad as that stupid purple "convertible" NSX that is seen driving around Vegas. God almighty, it's just ANOTHER ruined NSX. :mad: The only upside to this travesty is that the more NSX's that get ruined, the more everyone else's NSX will be worth down the road! Alright, alright, deep breaths, happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

Holy Shit Almighty, That thing is totally f*cked! :eek: Not for nothing, but when my NSX's front end was disassembled for an NSX-R conversion, even without body panels on it, it still looked better than this pile of crap. As our esteemed colleague mentioned earlier, the nav screen cutout is f*cking atrocious. Did they not see the original stereo cutout protruding past the nav screen? :confused: Holy F*ck! The ugly front end, the ugly ASS end! And the fitment of the body panels! Christ Almighty, I could have done a better job with one arm tied around my balls! :biggrin: And where did they even find a vendor that could supply them with as much bondo as they used? Jesus Christmas! What a hideous pile of sh*t. What in the f*ck are some people thinking? This thing looks almost as bad as that stupid purple "convertible" NSX that is seen driving around Vegas. God almighty, it's just ANOTHER ruined NSX. :mad: The only upside to this travesty is that the more NSX's that get ruined, the more everyone else's NSX will be worth down the road! Alright, alright, deep breaths, happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think!:biggrin:

here is the only 80's rick I knew

Attachments

• rick-springfield4.jpg
    rick-springfield4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 213
wow so many haters out there. Lots of internet thuggery going on today. That work isn't really to my tastes.. but yeah it's still a widebody, supercharged, aftercooled NSX with custom interior and a built motor.

Just using your AVERAGE widebody kit, what would it cost all you guys who think that car cost 1/3 that price?

Assuming the body work is "quality" can anyone here honestly say that it wouldn't take some ridiculous amount of labor to custom fab ALL THOSE PANELS? Plus the install, plus custom paint? I spent $15k renovating my 1975 landcruiser, and i considered THAT a relatively low quality restoration.

Lets say you take a roomful of strangers out there, put them in a garage with THAT car, and a stock NSX of the same year. Which one do you think they'd think is the "more exotic, more expensive" of the two? I'd guess the rick design.

wow so many haters out there. Lots of internet thuggery going on today. That work isn't really to my tastes.. but yeah it's still a widebody, supercharged, aftercooled NSX with custom interior and a built motor.

Just using your AVERAGE widebody kit, what would it cost all you guys who think that car cost 1/3 that price?

Assuming the body work is "quality" can anyone here honestly say that it wouldn't take some ridiculous amount of labor to custom fab ALL THOSE PANELS? Plus the install, plus custom paint? I spent $15k renovating my 1975 landcruiser, and i considered THAT a relatively low quality restoration.

Lets say you take a roomful of strangers out there, put them in a garage with THAT car, and a stock NSX of the same year. Which one do you think they'd think is the "more exotic, more expensive" of the two? I'd guess the rick design.

I AGREE! Nice to see I'm not the only one that is shocked by how much pleasure some people get out of bashing anothers work. I cant say I like every aspect of the styling and the valuation is silly.But, overall it a hell of alot more original and attractive than all the boy racer wannabee widebodies you see over and over again and seem to get all the praise. This was not a body bought off of ebay and slapped together , this took hundered if not thousands of hours to create. It would be nice if people would be a bit more adult and offer up some constructive critique without the grandstanding.

I am thinkin that this is the latest creation from that TV show Chop Shop London Garage. Looks exactly like something they would build. Cant condemn the guy from trying something different, but you have to realize that it should be better built. I agree with the guy that said something about navigation screen. That is a very easy fix for any person. If Mr. Rick couldnt even finish that right, how much of this car is just half assed and stuck together with bondo or epoxy!!!

Just because it took a lot of time..I'm sure it did...doesn't mean it looks good. It looks ok in the pics, in person..who knows??

It's not just the work or how it looks, but the price...really?? If it was maybe 30k tops, people probably wouldn't be so harsh.:confused:

Just because it took a lot of time..I'm sure it did...doesn't mean it looks good. It looks ok in the pics, in person..who knows??

It's not just the work or how it looks, but the price...really?? If it was maybe 30k tops, people probably wouldn't be so harsh.:confused:

30, tops, what kind of drugs you use that would make you think an nsx of ANY year with a built motor, widebody kit, interior (nav screen issue aside) and supercharger could go for $30k?

Not that i think anyone will pay $200k (it is actually listed for $150k on the website), customizing a car is one of those deals where you have to accept a large loss, generally speaking, when you mod a car. If the work was done well, i'm sure he has $200k into the car, probably half of that in labor, half into the cost of the car, motor build, interior, SC, and custom fabbing the panels. But to sit here and profess that it is worth $30k is just ridiculous.

I don't think 30K is anyway reasonable no more so than the 200K he is asking, although it is certainly very subjective. The true value will be determined by the eventual buyer.
The thing that bothers me and others I'm sure, is that some individuals will focus on something as rediculous as an instrument bezel and pass judgement on the quality of the entire build based on that minor imperfection. The rest of the pics suggest above average quality, personal taste aside. Sure it's not finished, anyone that has ever built a car will tell you it's never finished . Being that in most cases it is a work in progress there will always be MINOR details to be sorted out. Should he have posted that pic of the interior? I would say not...however, to make such a big deal out of it as some of the previous blowhard posters have made. C,mon guys, surely there must be more important things in life to bitch about.
Anyhow, have to go now ...Angelina is coming over for a night cap, seems her and Brad had a tiff, she has a pimple on her butt and he just can't seem to get over it.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back