• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2010 Steering wheel swap

Does your airbag work?

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm out of town now so I haven't been on Prime via laptop too much. Just answering my inbox with my cell phone. But to answer your question, when I first put it in I started without it working (airbag), but only to get everything fitted. I played around with it until I got it all working. If you become interested (or anyone else) I will list all parts I used.

Thanks

I love the look of the civic wheel and would like to do the same on my NSX. Can you provide more info on what is needed to do the swap? Does the civic wheel fit the NSX or does it require an adapter?

I found that it would not fit the NSX without the adapter because the NSX has a smaller spline than the newer civic wheel. With this wheel I also used the short hub from SOS

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/...ts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/steering_hub/short_hub/

If I can help in anyway let me know.

is process similar to the s2000/rsx steering wheels swap?

I apologize for delayed responses, as I have been out of town. But I always try my best to answer everyone individually. I have posted the link a couple times on the thread for what I have used. But yes, it is pretty much the same process. I actually consulted Nero Tenebre as I took on the challenge.

Thanks

I like! However, I am interested in the diameter difference of the stock wheel.

I am not certain of the exact diameter, but I can see and feel how much smaller it is, and it also has a MUCH better grip. Feels so much better driving. I also noticed how much lighter the wheel felt when I held them both in my hand during installation. I'm VERY pleased with this swap.

would anyone know if the NSX steering wheel spline would be the same as this? I have just ordered a Airbag steering wheel and will need to make a adaptor or find one for purchase.
Thanks
Ken

raid Airbag-adaptor for Honda Civic Coupe, 3-doors, 96-00 Honda Civic Coupe
•Type: EJ9, EK1, EK3, EK4
•Year of construction: 96-00
•Cert.-No: e6*93/81*0006 / *0008* / *0007* / *0009*
•340mm & 365mm with TUV-approval
•Expanations: 1a,2, 4, 19, 23 ( see typelist)
•Adaptor only for 3-doors vehicles

I ordered the Cavallo Race 340mm leather/Alcantara 710311
http://www.carnewal.com

Ken, how do you plan to integrate this? I am VERY interested in what you are doing, would love to know if you've got it worked out. I know we talked about this before and my concern was the voltages for the airbags may be way different.

Porsche, Aston, Lotus, corvettes and many more all use these and no one on any forums is concern about voltage. I believe it only takes a few volts to deploy any airbag. When I talked to Carnewal they did not understand my concerns going from a single to double is the big concern and stated it should be a simple plug and play. That’s other than the adaptor I need to find or fab.

Last edited:
Porsche, Aston, Lotus, corvettes and many more all use these and no one on any forums is concern about voltage. I believe it only takes a few volts to deploy any airbag. When I talked to Carnewal they did not understand my concerns going from a single to double is the big concern and stated it should be a simple plug and play. That’s other than the adaptor I need to find or fab.

Well please keep us in the loop and I'd love to get an adaptor too. Thanks for taking the bold step to do this.

My steering wheels is less than 15 miles away now. I hope it is delivered today or I might go to UPS and get it myself. I still need to know what size the NSX spline is and what the count of splines are also. anyone out there with their steering wheel off? I do not have my car because the motor is being built by Comptech. The attached PDF may fit the NSX if so it opens the doors for many new steering wheels.
Ken

Thanks Ken. Your motor is being built at Comptech Machine? You don't mean CT-Engineering, right? What are you doing to it? Are you still using that manifold you built? Is there another thread for this some place? You're doing some cool things.

Ken that's bad ass. What's the diameter? I hope you can get it to fit well. Is it less deep than stock? If so by how much?

How deep is stock? This is 13-1/2". I will get it to work if I can get some help with my questions it will speed it up. My plan is to have it mount about the same as depth as stock.
Ken

ok this is 4" deep so I need the stock NSX depth now anyone?
This will determine the spacer thickness needed. I also found some old post that said the NSX hub is a 36 spline and about a 15MM Dia. I just need to confirm that to anyone?
Thanks Ken

Has anyone tried this steering wheel boss? It is the correct 29 spline so should bolt right on. And WOW $27.00
Ken

Last edited:
It works I just purchased something similar from summit racing for $19.00 and it also works. This is a very easy swap and I will start a new title once I’m done. Ken

It works I just purchased something similar from summit racing for $19.00 and it also works. This is a very easy swap and I will start a new title once I’m done. Ken

Awesome ken! Can't wait to see it.

Back