2014 Acura MDX

Hahahaha! Awesome.

I'm jelly of the interior. Tan?

Actually, went out of my way to go with what they call Eucalyptus which is a dark greyish color. Not a fan of the lighter interiors as they get dirty too easily. As witnessed by my slow transformation from ivory interior on the NSX to black. :smile:

A huge congrats brother.!

Thanks bro! You know me, I don't buy new, but on this one, I'm not footing the bill.... :smile:

I want your opinions after some mileage.

Will do! So far so good and very happy. All is good, but if I had to point out the negative things I have found, here are a few things I've noticed so far. Still haven't found a comfortable seating position yet. I'm sure that has to do with just more ass time then the actual comfort of the seats. The rear visibility isn't as good as the '04. In the '04 the door arm rests angle up (which I like). In the new one, they angle down (which I don't). Already found my first electronics glitch. When I changed my audio source off of bluetooth and back on, I lost audio, even though my device was still connected. Definitely less headroom in the back. "Feels" bigger and heavier than the '04 which is odd since it isn't. However, handles and moves nothing like an SUV should. It's ridiculously planted for something that weighs in excess of 2 tons. It's also crazy quiet on the inside. Impressively quiet.

congrats Vegas... I've seen a few on the road and am very jealous when I see those lights coming my way!

Thanks! One of the biggest selling features for me. Love them. At night they beam pattern they cast is so smooth, it's like an even spread of light. It was one of the first things my gf noticed.

Congrats!! More pics and a detailed review after you put some miles on it.

Weeks in and I still can't find a comfortable seating position. :mad: Very frustrating.

Highs:
Extremely quiet. Still impressed how quiet the interior is.
Handles like a monster. Takes to curves like a guy who likes big butts.
Looks better and better the more I look at it.
The sub trunk cargo area is pretty sizable and pretty awesome. Good place to put the groceries so they do go rolling around in the back.
Arm rest space is plentiful, although almost too big. Need some sort of organization to keep stuffs from flopping around in there.
Third row seat one button access and flip up access is great.

Lows:
Visibility is not as good as previous gen MDX's
Backup cam has pretty low resolution
WTF seats. Y U not find comfortable position yet???
Nav is worthless. I'll stick with Google maps.
Touchscreen and controls user interface... meh
Back seat area looks tighter and less comfortable than my 04 MDX

Nav worthless?

Ive always found Honda's Nav to be very good (especially given the competition). I use Google quite a bit as well and agree its quite good. Is there any particular reason you find Honda's worthless (lag, limited inputs, outdate info, poor routing) etc.?

Nav worthless?

Ive always found Honda's Nav to be very good (especially given the competition). I use Google quite a bit as well and agree its quite good. Is there any particular reason you find Honda's worthless (lag, limited inputs, outdate info, poor routing) etc.?

The biggest deal breaker for me is no input while driving. I know it's a safety thing, but you have to be at a complete stop to input anything, not even a slow roll will unlock the ability to input and for what I do that doesn't work. The graphical level of detail is too busy and not clean like google maps. The refresh is a bit slow; perhaps it's good for most nav systems, but slower than google maps for me. Maybe it's a good system that I haven't taken the time to get proficient with.

Weeks in and I still can't find a comfortable seating position. :mad: Very frustrating.

Highs:

Arm rest space is plentiful, although almost too big. Need some sort of organization to keep stuffs from flopping around

wait a second.....with your guns....too much space:confused:

ok that would be a MAJOR deal breaker for me as well.

The biggest deal breaker for me is no input while driving....

vegas; i know this sounds crazy but have you had the chance to sit in the passenger seat (while someone else drives). if you do let me know if you feel its more comfortable on the passenger seat.

i have this issue where on my suv the driver seat feels like crap (have to use an obusforme pad) yet when i sit on the passenger seat of the same design it feels fine. i've had this wierd issue re previous cars as well.

i would absolutely LOVE an mdx if it ever came out as a hybrid with VCM </dreaming.>

Last edited:
wait a second.....with your guns....too much space:confused:

Lol, not the armrest itself. But the storage space under the armrest. It's cavernous! Like I could almost fit two 1 gallon milk jugs in there. And I know why they did it; it's so soccer moms could stick their over-sized Coach purses in there and hide it from plain view. But that's no good for me. I leave my over-sized coach purse in the trunk when I pick up my kids from soccer.

- - - Updated - - -

vegas; i know this sounds crazy but have you had the chance to sit in the passenger seat (while someone else drives). if you do let me know if you feel its more comfortable on the passenger seat.

i have this issue where on my suv the driver seat feels like crap (have to use an obusforme pad) yet when i sit on the passenger seat of the same design it feels fine. i've had this wierd issue re previous cars as well.

i would absolutely LOVE an mdx if it ever came out as a hybrid with VCM </dreaming.>

Actually I have; a couple times in fact. It is more comfortable, but not necessarily the seats itself. I would say the seats feel very similar, it's more of the driving position that just doesn't feel right in the drivers seat. For example, on the left hand side, sometime I like to either rest my elbow on either on the arm rest or on the window sill area. The arm rest feels too low and the window sill feels too high. The armrest on the right also feels too low. Then there's the location of the pedals. The dead foot pedal rest (on the left) feels slanted at too high of an angle. As for the pedals themselves, they feel too high and spread too far apart so I feel like I'm pushing more with my toes with my heel planted, rather than the balls of my feet. My only complaint about the seat is the way it is shaped/curved on the backside. When I have it at the incline that I like, I feel like I have zero lower back support. When I adjust the angle, then I feel like the seat is pushing my shoulders too far forward. The lumbar adjust (since it does not move vertically) is no good because it only pushes in and out, but it hit near the middle of my spine. So when I adjust it out, it feels like someone is just pressing their knee into the middle of my back/spine. My last complaint is that it feels like they cut the bottom seat cushion short. So where the bottom seat cushion used to hit just short of behind my knees, it feels like it's higher up on the back of thighs.

Still working it, I feel like I'm getting close. But every time I get back in I feel like I need to keep adjusting to get comfortable. Thank goodness for memory settings!! :smile:

Last edited:
Back