• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2014 Acura MDX

I checked out the car at the dealership. I think it is still stunning.. I looked at the interior. It's not so bad. the dual screen is pretty cool, less buttons compare to the older model but the cluster looks better in the previous MDX. Inside is pretty roomy. But the headlights is wicked! Headlight design is A LOT better than the RLX IMO

+1 on all counts. i dont think RLX is making any noise in the automotive world.... i am actually very curiuos as to its sales numbers.

I checked out the car at the dealership. I think it is still stunning.. I looked at the interior. It's not so bad. the dual screen is pretty cool, less buttons compare to the older model but the cluster looks better in the previous MDX. Inside is pretty roomy. But the headlights is wicked! Headlight design is A LOT better than the RLX IMO

Low, very low. It was never meant to be a volume seller, but I am sure it is lower than expected.

interesting comment about the rlx..what was its purpose if not to sell as many as possible:confused:

been seeing these more and more on the roads lately. handsome suv.

i wouldnt call it light years ahead of its previous incarnation, but seeing that the mdx is the best (if not one of the best) of acuras best sellers, it didnt need to be. if its competitively priced/good value compared to its same-class competition, it should sell nicely.

love the 7-seater option on an suv of this class/size.

IMHO the coolest SUV out there is the Infiniti FX. I love my old 2005 and will be trading to this next year:
infiniti-fx50.jpg

Well, it's better looking than the juke but not by much.

Looks like a clown shoe.

max 5000 lbs ... i find that surprising since the other cars in its class (with same sized 3.5 L engine and approx weight) tow roughly 3500 lbs (ie. lexus Rx350 or even my hybrid with 2.7L engine)

Whats the Tow rating on it?

Not the same, but I've had a 2013 RDX loaner car for the last 3 weeks while Acura is replacing my power steering rack in the NSX($$$$).
Thing is SUPER nice. Soooo quite. I can feel my blood pressure go down when I get in that thing after work.
Very nice ride.

interesting comment about the rlx..what was its purpose if not to sell as many as possible:confused:

I think the goal is to sell as many as possible, but it's just not possible to sell high volumes of a car in that price range. Most dealers barely get into double digits of that model sold in a year.

That being said, I think that there are several missteps in that vehicle that are causing it to sell more slowly than expected. Being FWD only is a major one of those.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the Tow rating on it?

3500 with hitch added, 5000 with tow package added. Tow package adds a trans cooler.

wow the rlx is fwd only???:eek:

Ok, it takes a big man... a very big strapping, devilishly handsome man to admit when he's wrong. I've now seen enough new MDX's to say that it actually looks good in person. I'm now a fan. :smile:

haha. i couldnt get why fans of the prev gen mdx wouldnt like the newest one.

very similar lines to the old one, less cluttered, with some nice modern updates.... but importantly it tackles the biggest problem with mdx's imo... fuel economy.

i prefer it to the samurai grill-face lexus competitor, when my suv dies i would consider definately consider the mdx.

Ok, it takes a big man... a very big strapping, devilishly handsome man to admit when he's wrong. I've now seen enough new MDX's to say that it actually looks good in person. I'm now a fan. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

+1. btw rpm217 nice stable.

/

Supposed to come out with SHAWD before the end of the year. Still not what it should/could be

very nice. what was the milage?

love the prev gen mdx, amazing space it has compared to my car.

are 7 passenger seating optional or standard on mdx?

I just picked up a 2012 MDX Tech. Although I like the new model, the exterior of the 2014 wasn't that remarkable compared to the previous generation. I also prefer the layout in my 2012 compared to the 2014, so that along with the value of purchasing a used car sealed the deal for me. Here is mine:

View attachment 106636

very nice. what was the milage?

love the prev gen mdx, amazing space it has compared to my car.

are 7 passenger seating optional or standard on mdx?

7 is standard. It has 33k on the odometer. I got a pretty good deal and the condition is amazing. You can tell the previous owner was skinny based on the condition of the seats. haha He also took pride in the car, had all weather mats, side steps installed, etc. Little things like that shows someone cares.

Good decision Synth.

I was looking at Acura's website. The 14 MDX is rated at 20/28 MPG if you get FWD but it requires premium unleaded. From a cost standpoint the new(2014) Tahoe/Yukon will be competitive in the MPG dept. It will prolly be rated at 18/24 and uses Reg. unleaded. Plus it has cool features like cylinder deactivation which means Hwy trips may actually yield 25+ MPG!! And it can tow 7000 Lbs. easy. Sure it isn't a "luxury" SUV like the MDX BUT it can take plenty of abuse and GM quality has improved in the past 5-7 years.

the 2013 lexus rx350 now runs on 87 gas.

hopefully future import luxury brands will follow suit (im pretty sure some cadillacs run 87 gas now as well).

Good decision Synth.

I was looking at Acura's website. The 14 MDX is rated at 20/28 MPG if you get FWD but it requires premium unleaded. From a cost standpoint the new(2014) Tahoe/Yukon will be competitive in the MPG dept. It will prolly be rated at 18/24 and uses Reg. unleaded. Plus it has cool features like cylinder deactivation which means Hwy trips may actually yield 25+ MPG!! And it can tow 7000 Lbs. easy. Sure it isn't a "luxury" SUV like the MDX BUT it can take plenty of abuse and GM quality has improved in the past 5-7 years.

Back