• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2015 Acura NSX at Mid-Ohio

I was able to capture some footage of the NSX prototype being unloaded and doing a couple passes on the track. It only did two laps, sadly. But I really like the new NSX.

Chris

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZmJCaDuG1ho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I saw the video on youtube already. I must say I like

Those headlamps don't look like LED's. looked like a projector.

It seems that they might be still working on the final design on the headlights, and taillights.

Awesome, glad to see it with better wheels.
Those wheels look better but I'm sure they will dress it with something more attractive for
regular consumers rather than for the track.

I was looking at these but $8000 wholesale is a bit 2much for wheels.
I also hope they give it a face lift instead of that already used front with projectors.

I'm here.....thats a souped up fiero with a body kit.

Montana license plate on the trailer? County 5 it looks like? Or am I totally wrong?

Wheels do make a difference but it will be a while before that front grows on me.
I hope they change faces before the 3rd generation is created.

Where are all the Prime members that swore that this car was not going to happen? :-!

To be fair, they've been talking about a new NSX since before 2005. So many different concepts have come and gone...even the current version has reportedly been shelved, and then is not currently back on. Can't blame them for being skeptical.

Since Acura US will take care of this baby I'm convinced that this car will come in 2015. Honda Japan was guilty for it's (reasonable) ON-OFF tactics.

I like those taillights much better than anything I've seen on the studies on the car before.

Awesome, glad to see it with better wheels.

HRE produced a set of Competition Series C106 wheels for this prototype, which was recently spotted at the Mid-Ohio Raceway.
(from a PR email HRE sent me)

regardless, I still hate the beak and think the front needs a re-work to remove similarities to anything on the road today

Look at a silhouette of the vehicle and it should be immediately distinct from its peers in the marketplace.

Provide a prospective buyer a unique form balanced with function and innovations

I'd prefer an exotic-looking car if I were dropping over 100K on it

Last edited:
I like those taillights much better than anything I've seen on the studies on the car before.

Are you talking about the blue car in the vid?

Hate to break it to you, but that is camo.

A lot of the car is disguised/unfinished. The mirrors, the front, the headlights.

A lot of the car is disguised/unfinished. The mirrors, the front, the headlights.
Yes, I know that's not finished but those round taillights (even the whole rear end) look far better than the study with the conservative taillight and big fat goose rear end I've seen before.

See I think those rounded tail lights are ugly.

I want to really like it but I cant. Does not have the WOW like the first NSX had. Like I always say to me it looks like a R8 with a bodykit.

tough to tell with the camo...but imho it does not have a timeless design like our nsx...seems like it is an angular coupe de jour .The design language is also generic....this could easily be a Cadillac product.

Back