• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2019 nsx ride

I have two herniated discs at L4,5. The ride wasn’t too harsh for my lower back, but that also somewhat dependent on the road surfaces you drive on. I do use a a NASA pad to help cushion my back though. The difficult aspect of the car was ingress and egress. That would usually cause me some pain.

does the 2019 nsx have a rough ride need to know because i have lower back problems. thank you.

Just went and got my 19' today and drove it back 500 miles home and the ride is great for a sports car. The road thru AR was not great and the car did great in my opinion did not seem harsh at all!

Just went and got my 19' today and drove it back 500 miles home and the ride is great for a sports car. The road thru AR was not great and the car did great in my opinion did not seem harsh at all!

Congratulations, road trips in the NSX are tons of fun! Glad you enjoyed your trip. I think the ride is fine. Yet every road and back is different.

does the pipe in exhaust cause a drone sound when you are driving on a long trip. the reason i ask these questions is there are no 2019 nsx that i can test drive .i live in tampa florida and no dealers have a new nsx to test drive. thank you all for your answers.

there are 2 distinct sounds , one when in Quite and Sport, and then a more aggressive (more open valve) sound in sport plus and track. In quiet and Sport, when highway driving it is always in 9th (overdrive) and ridiculously quiet.. the stereo with CarPlay is quite good too so feels no different than any other modern quiet car. if you keep it in sport plus at 100KPH its droning in 6th though as the car is preparing to hustle all the time. so for highway mile killing , Sport is the mode to be in - it also has a plusher suspension setting so its really set up for comfortable miles in that setting..

Kevin AKA Lucky

does the pipe in exhaust cause a drone sound when you are driving on a long trip. the reason i ask these questions is there are no 2019 nsx that i can test drive .i live in tampa florida and no dealers have a new nsx to test drive. thank you all for your answers.
It doesn’t have to be a 2019, the sound is the same in all Gen2s.

one more question are the full leather seats comfy while driving?
We’ve done some long road trips and no complaints. Especially with my sound deadening pucks over the ports to lessen the piped in drone.

Ergonomics are great! I think the seats are excellent. Love them. So does the wife. Steering wheel is excellent also. Perfectly positioned and meaty hand-hold grips. Dead pedal too. I never touch the paddles to shift. The gearbox is magic left to its own thinking.

Edit: I have the full leather seats, no alcantara inserts.

Last edited:
how bad does the drone sound in the interior get when driving in sport+,will it brother my ears when driving?

My opinion is no. I also wouldn’t characterize the Sport+ sound as anything drone-like.

I agree with RyanRA I would not call it a drone at all. I have had some vehicles with drone that were terrible and almost not worth driving. However, this is one of the best sports cars I have owned from all angles. My only complaint is I wish it was a bit easier to get in and out of but I probably need to work on myself with exercise...lol

The NSX exhaust down not drone. Even with downpipes it still doesn't drone. This car is as conservative as exotic cars get.

The car does not drone. It has a unique sound specific unto itself. Lots of the haters have complained that it is too quiet and doesn't sound like a Ferrari V-12, which it's not.

If you are on the highway, and you don't want to hear the exhaust as much you simply switch down to "Sport" mode and the car essentially drives like a Honda Accord, but the power is lurking if you need to make a quick "spurt" through traffic. If you find yourself in a twisty canyon, you simply switch back to "Sport+" and you're off to the races in a supercar.....

I do NOT consider the car to be plush. It is a FIRM ride, but I expect that in a car designed to perform on the track, so it doesn't bother me at all. I feel every crack in the road, but on a smooth surface it is smooth as silk, and very confidence inspiring cornering whether on the street or on the track.

Back