• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2nd gen owners help, I have a rattle in my door just started today.

Driver Door Rattle

This is the kind of stuff that i hate and can ruin a car for me, I have an obnoxious rattle that just started in my drivers door around the tweeter and where the memory buttons are. I remember someone saying something about a rattle in the door. Anyone else have this.

just sucks to have this problem this soon........

I picked up my new NSX last Sunday -- Cassis White over black. After a day of driving, I found the ame problem. Went back to the dealer yesterday. They've kept the car overnight -- door panel off etc.

BTW, I love the car. I've driven Porsches for the last 30 years, almost exclusively -- classics and new, drivers and track cars. The NSX will be my driver. I'm astounded how easy to drive it is and, for me at least, it is a much more fun and involving car than the 991 Carrera S. Can't wait to get it back!

I picked up my new NSX last Sunday -- Cassis White over black. After a day of driving, I found the ame problem. Went back to the dealer yesterday. They've kept the car overnight -- door panel off etc.

BTW, I love the car. I've driven Porsches for the last 30 years, almost exclusively -- classics and new, drivers and track cars. The NSX will be my driver. I'm astounded how easy to drive it is and, for me at least, it is a much more fun and involving car than the 991 Carrera S. Can't wait to get it back!

The Acura service seems really good much better than my experiences with Porsche etc. They keep me updated on what they are doing. They say the fixed the rattle and are know doing the seals for the wind noise.

I can't wait to get it back as well the car is incredible.

Ok rattle officially fixed it was caused by the wiring harness in each door rattling against the aluminum parts then the noise would travel through the dash tweeters etc. The fix was to completely insulate the doors which caused the car to be much quieter and more isolated from road noise. The wind noise was caused by Seals that were crimped at the factory and a misalignment of the mirrors.

Both seals and window run channels were replaced mirrors were adjusted and insulated and car is as quiet as a Cadillac (almost).

This is great news, how long did dealer need the car and is there an official TSB...:eek:

Last edited:
Ok rattle officially fixed it was caused by the wiring harness in each door rattling against the aluminum parts then the noise would travel through the dash tweeters etc. The fix was to completely insulate the doors which caused the car to be much quieter and more isolated from road noise. The wind noise was caused by Seals that were crimped at the factory and a misalignment of the mirrors.

Both seals and window run channels were replaced mirrors were adjusted and insulated and car is as quiet as a Cadillac (almost).

great news i am so happy for you. thanks for answering my pm

Is your dealer replacing the seal? You should see the box it comes in. The seal comes as you see it on the car in a form fit foam mold, which is in a huge flat cardboard box, which is in a shielded/vacuum sealed bag, which is in another huge flat cardboard box. You’d think there was a 60” TV in there. That same type of seal for any other Honda/Acura? Wadded up and stuffed into a thin plastic bag.

Service and repairs of the NSX are trying to be executed at a higher level than what has been the norm for Acura dealers.

^ nice to hear that last part. Perhaps the brand perception will improve after all. Lexus does a better job than Acura here...

For those with the completed repairs, are there any signs that the door panels were removed? Scratches, scuffs, knicks etc. from prying. I hope the NSX techs are overly cautious with these cars.

hey guys, so is the wind noise fix known and dealer has a solution?

We definitely have this problem and need to get it fixed ASAP.

The wind noise was caused by Seals that were crimped at the factory and a misalignment of the mirrors. take to dealer this is the fix for wind noise .

I have a slight wind noise in my driver door and a rattle or creak in the passenger dash pad...... Neither of which are driving me crazy, and maybe with some time later in the spring I will address these issues.....

I don't think the dealers are just going to replace seals without a complete checkout.
At least mine didn't.
There is a bulletin board for issues that the dealers use.
My rattle was a common problem with the CF dash piece.
The wind noise was a bad seal, but the dealer had to go through a procedure before they would order the seal.

Planning ahead... the 1300 mile road trip thread and others note excessive wind noice. If I take it in and state the same what is the checkout? Thinking they will order parts and replace. I’m heading out west with it soon and don’t want this issue.

Planning ahead... the 1300 mile road trip thread and others note excessive wind noice. If I take it in and state the same what is the checkout? Thinking they will order parts and replace. I’m heading out west with it soon and don’t want this issue.
My service/dealer had the car for a few days then had me take it back while parts were on order.
They had to drive it to see if things got better or worse after making adjustments (mirror was mentioned).
I didn't pull the dash cam data.
I can't speak for how your service will go.

Hit the interstate today for about 50 Miles and no wind noise that I could make out. Wife thought it sounded fine too. Then cross country back home. Fantastic car!

How long till wind noise and rattles show themselves?

Hit the interstate today for about 50 Miles and no wind noise that I could make out. Wife thought it sounded fine too. Then cross country back home. Fantastic car!

How long till wind noise and rattles show themselves?

I'm hesitate to type this as I don't want to jinx myself. I haven't had any of the common issues yet such as wind noise, rattles or the thermostat problem.
My car has an 05/17 build date, car number 1194 or US car 755 with almost 1,800 miles.

I'm hesitate to type this as I don't want to jinx myself. I haven't had any of the common issues yet such as wind noise, rattles or the thermostat problem.
My car has an 05/17 build date, car number 1194 or US car 755 with almost 1,800 miles.
Thought the same thing when I typed it too. Rattles and odd noises are mysterious things. And sounds like the wind noise issue is easily fixed by dealers. Fingers crossed no issues.

Just got back from a 600+ miles drive to Vegas and back.

I don't have any rattles, but I did notice wind noise from passenger side, but not until 90mph or so.

On a related note, my windshield got hit twice by rocks while cruising at 90mph. I thought for sure each time I heard the CRACK of the rock hitting the windshield that it would be cracked. Nope. Not a scratch on the glass at all. Maybe I got the Gorilla Glass option?

I don't have any rattles, but I did notice wind noise from passenger side, but not until 90mph or so.

On a related note, my windshield got hit twice by rocks while cruising at 90mph. I thought for sure each time I heard the CRACK of the rock hitting the windshield that it would be cracked. Nope. Not a scratch on the glass at all. Maybe I got the Gorilla Glass option?
The place that wrapped and tinted my car added C-Bond NanoShield to the windshield. I didn’t ask for it, but hopes it saves a windshield from hits.

On a drive from South Dakota back to Minneapolis I took a pretty large rock to the windshield that I saw fly off the semi 150ft in front of me. Had to have been the size of a marble at least. Tried my best to avoid it but couldn't and the smack was very loud and not a single mark on the glass from it. I have seen a few cars getting windshields replaced already.

I believe the angle is shallow enough that the rocks bounce off more so than say a Jeep Wrangler which gets a chipped windshield every time a rock even comes close to it.

I just got the grease from AMAZON to fix mine.

Kinda sounds like cellophane being crumpled up to me.

Noticed slightly creaking noise on the passenger side tweeter area. Almost sounds like cellophane rubbing on something. Curious if this special grease will fix this noise? Looks like amazon carries it for $20 a tube.

Thanks

Back