• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

3.0L and 3.2L cams

No Same but I have a set of high lift being made. PM me

I have high lift cams already, thinking of going back to oem.
Henry.

Hello Henry,

Which cams do you have at the moment and why would you go back to the OEM cams?

Reason I am asking is that I keep thinking of doing the cams (as offered by SoS as the last step of my NA 3.0 engine).

Hmmm.... according to Trevor, the 3.2L cams have different part number than the 3.0L cams. He also mentioned that the 3.2L cams have larger lobes too.

Now, I need to buy some new oem 3.2L valve springs/retainers, anybody know if they will fit and will work in the 3.0L engine?

Thnx in advance.

Henry.

I would say of course they will work, since they are the exact same parts. But since we were wrong about the cams also being the exact same parts, you should go ask Trevor. Please post the part numbers for the 3.2L cams so I can correct my records, which indicate the only difference in the heads are larger intake valves.

Hmmm.... according to Trevor, the 3.2L cams have different part number than the 3.0L cams. He also mentioned that the 3.2L cams have larger lobes too.

Now, I need to buy some new oem 3.2L valve springs/retainers, anybody know if they will fit and will work in the 3.0L engine?

Thnx in advance.

Henry.

Back