• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3 More Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust Available

Looks like a legit company from their website. Only BS thing is this on their site "All Credit Card Sales are Subject to a 2% Processing Fee". That shows me that they into making more money off you guys becuase at the end of the year business owners write off all credit card fee's anyways.

Does anyone have an update? I've called a couple of times this month with 0 returned calls. No returned emails. I didn't anticipate a nearly 4 month wait as the price savings isn't worth the trouble.

Called a few times. Hear that Todd works in the night. Might try then. Anyone get theirs yet? I heard that it would be on the way to my house or to them or some progress a few weeks ago... any news would be good news at this point.

PrimoGen said:
It looks like it has been awhile since he has checked in here. I will call him and ask him to update everyone ASAP. The import of stuff from Japan has been a PITA. I waited over 4 months for an INGS+1 bumper myself so I can vouch for the unavoidable delays.

Apologies for any inconveniences.

RoB

That is all well and good that you can 'vouch' for this....but how can you explain the apparent lack of communication from him towards his customers who paid for their parts and are well overdue for arrival??:mad:

Meeyatch1 said:
That is all well and good that you can 'vouch' for this....but how can you explain the apparent lack of communication from him towards his customers who paid for their parts and are well overdue for arrival??:mad:

Well...I can only confirm what I know and that is he forwards the calls he misses to his cell phone which he has a myriad of problems with. He recently has changed his phone as well as his service so that may explain some drop in communication.

Does it explain it all, no but I know there were customs problems with the container and i was realting the same issues I had with JDM direct ordering on a totally seperate order through a company in Cali to validate that things like this happen with no control on the receiving end.

I cannot speak fully for him so I will make every effort to contact him and bring this to light.

Again I apologize and I am sure there is a viable explanation.

RoB

There is no reason why he himself should not give us all a brief update on a group buy that he started. I was the 3rd person to pay and after 4 monthes of waiting I am going to dispute the charge with my bank. He provided no reciept and charged the full amount from day one. Isn't there some law that says you can only charge a maximum of half the product price until the actual product is shipped?

ryans said:
Only BS thing is this on their site "All Credit Card Sales are Subject to a 2% Processing Fee".

Not only is that illegal is just about every state but it is against the policy of every credit card issuer. A merchant can quickly find himself sans merchant account if he gets caught.

Has anyonee heard anything yet? Is everyone still patiently waiting or have you contacted your credit card companies?

2NRwerks exhaust group buy

Does anyone still think the 2NRwerks group buy was a legitimate deal.

1. To date I do not think anyone received an exhaust.
2. I have been unable to contact Todd Tedesco as have others.
3. I never received a receipt.
4. Todd has not responded in any way to the posts concerning the group buy once the money was collected.
5. I have information from another prime member that I will not name that there has not been an order placed from Taitec for the exhausts in the last 6 months. Although I have not personally verified this information from them.

I think Todd Tedesco should contact each of us either with a post on this forum or individually. To let us know the status of this order.

If we are not contacted I can provide anyone information on how to file a report online with the Florida Attorney General. It will take approximately 5 minutes. I recommend that we all file in the same week I will propose a week if we are not contacted. The Attorney General will then contact you once they have decided to pursue charges and you will have to file an additional affadavit (once again online) and mail any supporting documentation, emails, etc this data will be used in the criminal proceedings.

I really just want my exhaust that I ordered. Todd can either let us know what is going on or we can have the local law enforcement deal with the issue for us.

Re: 2NRwerks exhaust group buy

Not sure why my recent post was deleted, but I did speak with Todd 2 weeks ago. If you have paid for an exhaust, you should contact him via telephone. I am usually able to reach him after 5pm EST or on Saturdays.

There was an issue with the order and Todd needs to elaborate as it's not my place to speak on his behalf. I've mentioned that he should update Prime but it's up to him to do that.

I was offered a refund but since the wait for Taitec is at least 4 weeks out, SOS won't be getting them quicker than anyone else, I've chose to wait for Todd to sort things out. Worse case, if someone brings in a Taitec GTLW, I'll ask for a refund and re-purchase.

I just contact my CC issuer who stated that the time line to dispute charges was 60 days. I guess every issuer has different policies but another prime member who has a Discover card informed me that their policies are 6 months. My CC company gave me the go ahead (otherwise I would take my business elsewhere) but it will take 4-6 weeks to resolve. I had to email
2nrwerks as part of the procedure to cancel this order.

Todd, if you ever receive these exhausts I would be happy to honor the deal and buy the exhaust. The $1050 is not a big deal but I don't have the time or energy to chase this deal or worry about getting ripped off.

I'm going to call and ask for my refund tomorrow. If they don't reply I'm disputing hte charge with my CC tomorrow.

I was told 45-60 days. I would wait longer, I'm reasonable, but for crying out loud, contact me. I know he has my number, he called my phone to ask for my cc digits. Or post on this thing. It's just bad business, he could have elminted this with a 10 minutes worth of work.

Matt from CA

I spoke to Todd last Wed and he is honoring a full refund for me. I understand that he may have already processed some refunds via CC. I'll update as soon as I recieve my refund.

Todd sent me an E-mail on June 28th indicating he tried to send me a refund on Saturday June 24th but there was an issue at the bank and that he had an appointment with his account rep yesterday June 29th. I E-mailed to see how things went and decided to give a call in... the phone for 2nrwerks is now disconnected. I want to give the benifit of the doubt and that he is changing phone numbers but the fact that the message was simply "the phone number you have called is disconnected" doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies considering that was the main form of communication I used to get a hold of him. I'm hoping he replies to my E-mail...

I tracked Todd and Rob down on S2ki (in the Florida section) as well as on the Tampa Racing forum. Rob was very helpful in trying to sort things out. Rob indicated that he is not an official employee of 2nrwerks.

Todd got back to me via E-mail and indicated that he had decided to shut the store down due to the losses incurred and that I should contact my credit card company as the bank has seized all of his accounts.

Naturally, I got quite upset and quickly called the Florida Bankruptcy courts for a filing number so I could put in a claim before all assets were liquidated only to find that no filing was issued.

I contacted Paypal and because this is past the 45 day dispute period, they suggested that I call the Tampa Police and file a Robbery / Check / Fraud report. I’m still hoping that I can work things out with Todd so I continued to send correspondence and he assured me that using “Force” wasn’t necessary and I agreed.

I suggested that we simply round down the number from $1,083 to $1,000 and that he simply refund $800 and ship out an AIS and we’ll call it even. He agreed and promised last Tuesday July 11th that he would process the $800 and ship out the AIS as well.

…I sent a reminder on Monday, and E-mail on Wed and Today but have not heard back. I corresponded to Rob just now and he’s seeing Todd at the shop today so he’s going to mention it. Rob has been extremely helpful and I’m grateful for his support and assistance. Hopefully there will be a positive conclusion soon... Hopefully.

refunded through credit card

For those unaware, this is regarding a group buy for Taitec exhaust initiated in February '06 by Todd of 2nrwerks (2nrwerks.com) that he never delivered on despite charging 10 NSXprime members $1250 a pop.

I filed a complaint with Mastercard and they have credited me back the money.

They had the same expierience I had with him not returning phone calls, so the case got settled in my favor. I highly recommend you do the same.

Matt

Re: refunded through credit card

Todd got back to me yesterday. Due to the fact that all the credit cards are being credited, the bank is monitoring his funds to ensure that all the charge-backs are paid back to the bank. Which of course leaves me at the end of the line since I basically paid cash and his bank refused any cash transfers i.e. Paypal refund to me until all the credit card debts are settled.

Todd is going to try to get 2 installments of $400 and the NSX AIS is to arrive on Thursday which I am told will be subsequently shipped to me.

I guess other than the AIS, I may have to wait at the back of the line… I should have funded the Paypal transaction with a credit card but Paypal does not let you do this if you have a balance. I got locked in Paypal bureaucracy and Red tape on this one and the Long Distance Paypal customer service center is unsympathetic and unwilling to help unless a giant like a credit card company forces the money out of Paypal or the police get involved… I just hope I’m not left standing without a chair when the music stops…

I would be happy to join in legal action against 2NR Werks or Todd, personally. Phone calls and e-mails have gone unanswered and I even offered mediation through the 13th Circuit Court of Appeals. He didn't even respond. That was early in July. I'll share the details with anyone interested.

Last edited:
My patience has run out and I've decided to take action via other means to retrieve my money. Please PM for further info or if you are still owed money.

This has been a long journey but it has come (almost) to an end. Todd redunded me 80% of my money and is sending an AIS to cover the remaining owed.

It definitely took much longer than I had anticipated, but nonetheless, he came through and I did not have to involve any third parties i.e. legal, authorities. Yes, I'm upset that it took this long, but I know and understand his situation and thus, I'm not upset with him personally, just at the situation.

I agree that he should have communicated more often and that's definitly good advice for him as he continues to do business in this market... I probably communicated the most during this GB. I'm happy to have been able to settle this amicably.

At the end of the day, it's not the amount of money that bothered me (it did a little...), but it was more the principle behind it. I believe that Todd was not trying to scam me or the other buyers but his situation was not good. He was willing to help me in other ways and we were able to come to a good compromise and walk away with no hard feelings.

My chapter is closed. Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs, supported me and gave me suggestions.

Back