• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

303 protectant is awesome

just wanted to share my experience with 303 protectant for the interior

it's awesome stuff

thats all :smile:

I used to use it on my s2000 and loved it. The local place stopped carrying it though and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else locally :(

it's the best stuff i've found.lexol vinylex is next,but 303 has more uv protection.

I used to use it on my s2000 and loved it. The local place stopped carrying it though and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else locally :(

Try NAPA Auto Parts. If they don't have it on the shelf, I think they can special order it for you.

Just wanted to share my recent experience with 303 aerospace protectant through amazon.

I had been researching UV protection for awhile and decided on 303 - I went to oreilly and mine didnt stock it - so i decided to order on amazon - but wanted it right quick - and it was already 10pm!

So - I took a chance on the "local express delivery" option of amazon - for $10.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200105970

I ordered tuesday 11pm - and had it in hand (tracking showed 4pm) and applied it at 8pm on wednesday - voila! -- NOT bad for $10!

i think its cheaper if u have amazon prime... now - only if more products were like this from amazon...

I used 303 to help clean the rubber seal on my Sable's sunroof, which was leaking. It did a very nice job.

I use it on my interior vinyl (dash, door trim, etc.) weather stripping, coolant hoses, vacuum lines, basically anything rubber. Good stuff.

How does this stuff compare to Shin-Etsu Grease? Can you use the two products in conjunction with each other, or is one a substitute for the other? I have a tube of Shin-Etsu Grease, but haven't had the chance to use it yet.

For plastic trim, I highly recommend "3D HD-Gel"

My black plastic side mirror from the truck was fading away... I tried 303, but it didn't help bring back the black color. When I used 3D HD-Gel, wow...just amazing..it lasted for over a month.

If you have plastic trim, try out the 3D HD-Gel product. You can get them from amazon for a decent price.

Last edited:
Since 303 was developed for the space program, i assume folks believe that their UV protection is indeed real, as so many claims are just bullshit. So with 303 you likely are a least getting the protection you ask for. Problem is it's too shiny for the X dash. I use it or Lexol on drivers and am now looking at less shiny alternatives. While searching a bit on autogeek and detailers paradise, it appears many detailers are simply using a cleaner only as many are apparently looking for the "clean look" although obviously your black will look more gray. See other thread above. Haven't picked new one yet, but there are several lower sheen products available.

Mothers "Back to Black" has been amazing for me on plastic and rubber. I tried it on some old weathered motorcycle luggage that had been left out in the sun and weather for years. It was faded to gray. Rub in some back to black and it is new again and even lasts through washing and rain. This is a clearish gel that is used on all colors of plastic and rubber. So now I will pick up some 303 and test it!

How does this stuff compare to Shin-Etsu Grease? Can you use the two products in conjunction with each other, or is one a substitute for the other? I have a tube of Shin-Etsu Grease, but haven't had the chance to use it yet.

I use Shin Etsu for the targa, door, and other rubber seals.
Use it sparingly though and rub it good into all the little gaps

Use 303 on nearly everything else, obviously since this is my thread
(it is a bit shiny for the dash though that doesn't bother me since I wear sunglasses everywhere here in PHX if I'm outside)

Use Invisible Glass spray on the windows

I use Shin Etsu for the targa, door, and other rubber seals.
Use it sparingly though and rub it good into all the little gaps

Use 303 on nearly everything else, obviously since this is my thread
(it is a bit shiny for the dash though that doesn't bother me since I wear sunglasses everywhere here in PHX if I'm outside)

Use Invisible Glass spray on the windows
Thanks for the info, bud!

Mothers "Back to Black" has been amazing for me on plastic and rubber. I tried it on some old weathered motorcycle luggage that had been left out in the sun and weather for years. It was faded to gray. Rub in some back to black and it is new again and even lasts through washing and rain. This is a clearish gel that is used on all colors of plastic and rubber. So now I will pick up some 303 and test it!

Any updates on how the two products compare?

Back