• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

31st annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d’Elegance

The planning has begun for the 31st annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d’Elegance at ACC. This year's show is Sunday June 8th 2013 from 9 to 3. For those who are new to the area, this Concours is held every June at Arapahoe Community College and is quickly becoming the premier auto show in the region, attracting over 450 of the most beautiful, historical, exotic, and classic cars from the Denver area, including about a dozen NSXs.

As in the past, the show benefits Cerebral Palsy of Colorado, but since the last show, they have changed their name to Ability Connection of Colorado. It's the same orginization, it just has a new name.

We're still working out the details for this year, but I wanted to start a discussion about this year's judging. The show has continued to grow over the years, and finding a way to judge all the different categories has become more and more of a challenge for the Concours judges. We've finally gotten to the point where we just have too many cars and categories for the volunteer judges to handle. This is actually a nice problem to have :)

This year, we've decided to make some changes to the judging. We are going to bring in professional Concours judges and reduce the categories to a few broad categories across makes. This leaves us with 2 options for our group:

1) We can continue to use the Concours judges, like we've done in the past, but we will be competing with all the other cars built from 1985-2000, and there will be a $25 fee for judging.

2) We can judge our own cars, as some of the larger clubs have been doing. We can come up with our own categories if we want to, and the Concours will provide the scoring sheets, ribbons, and I think there is a short training session for the judges. We just need to provide people who want to judge, and possibly timers and runners.

Is anyone interested in option 2? What categories could we have? Does anyone want to help judge?

I'll keep posting details as I get them,

Steve

I will be there and will put some thought into Option 2 although........ I'm certain I am not at all qualified to Judge any vehicle :)
I'm also good with Option 1. Either way I will be there.

There will be a judging workshop for judges if we decide to do our own judging this year. Like Will, I may go display only as well, since I seem to be busier each year with show related things, and I don't have the time to give the car a once over at the show, or clean up the blades of grass placed on my pedals by would-be saboteurs :)

This year we're going to try something different to help the cars find their way to the correct parking areas. In the past, we've had little signs marking each club's area. This year we're adding balloons to help out. Since the balloons can be seen at any angle, and will be taller than the signs, it is easy guide cars from the entrance area to the properly colored balloons.

The idea came up at the last committee meeting to use the racing colors of each marque, so I was thinking of red and white for our area, since those are the Japanese racing colors, as used by Honda when they were in F1. What do you think?

Steve

I'll be there with my car.

This is becoming a great show and our cars are worthy of being in it. Please bring your car too!

As for judging, my thoughts are option #1 appears to be the simplest. Pay the $25 and your car will be judged.

Option #2 will require a little more effort from the group. It would be great if we have the time and make the commitment to self judge. I know the Ferrari group does this and they are very well organized. I would be honored to win in that group. It also raises car knowledge within the group.

I'm willing to step forward and make the time and commitment, if the group sees the value in self judging. I also understand just driving my ride and enjoying a relaxing day with all the exotica.

Thoughts?

If I can, I'll make the trek from Casper with my '92. With 140K on it, I don't know if it will win any awards, nor do I expect it to, but if it's an excuse to come check out other cars, I'd love to join!

The registration page for the car show is now up at http://abilityconnectioncolorado.org/colorado-concours-registration/ for everyone to use to sign up for the show.

There is also a link for volunteers at http://abilityconnectioncolorado.org/colorado-concours-volunteer/ for anyone who is interested in volunteering for the show. We always need people to help with things like registration, traffic, etc. Volunteers get free admission to the show and a free lunch. Please pass this link along to anyone who might be interested in helping out.

There has been talk of a judging workshop for anyone interested in doing the club judging (separate from the consours judging), but I'm not seeing a lot of interest in judging this year. Maybe this year people who want to be judged can go with the concours judging this year, and we can talk at the show about possibly organizing NSX judging for next year.

I'll be arranging for a tent again this year so we have somewhere to sit with some shade. They can provide a table and a couple of chairs if we think we'll need it. We don't usually have any need for a table.

I haven't been cross-posting this to the yahoo group. Does know if that list is even active anymore? I don't see any activity since last October, and I think most of the Denver area owners that were on that list are on NSX Prime as well, so I'm not thinking we'd get anyone else from that group.

What do you all think?

Steve

Last edited:
The registration page for the car show is now up at http://abilityconnectioncolorado.org/colorado-concours-registration/ for everyone to use to sign up for the show.

There is also a link for volunteers at http://abilityconnectioncolorado.org/colorado-concours-volunteer/ for anyone who is interested in volunteering for the show. We always need people to help with things like registration, traffic, etc. Volunteers get free admission to the show and a free lunch. Please pass this link along to anyone who might be interested in helping out.

There has been talk of a judging workshop for anyone interested in doing the club judging (separate from the consours judging), but I'm not seeing a lot of interest in judging this year. Maybe this year people who want to be judged can go with the concours judging this year, and we can talk at the show about possibly organizing NSX judging for next year.

I'll be arranging for a tent again this year so we have somewhere to sit with some shade. They can provide a table and a couple of chairs if we think we'll need it. We don't usually have any need for a table.

I haven't been cross-posting this to the yahoo group. Does know if that list is even active anymore? I don't see any activity since last October, and I think most of the Denver area owners that were on that list are on NSX Prime as well, so I'm not thinking we'd get anyone else from that group.

What do you all think?

Steve

I would cross post to the yahoo group, there are still a handful of owners that do email, but are not on prime.

An update from the last comittee meeting:

The deadline for cars to register, and still be included in the program is Wednesday May 21. So far we've got 4 people from our group registered for the show.

As always, we could really use some help in the volunteer department. If you know anyone interested in helping out with the show, they can sign up at http://abilityconnectioncolorado.org...urs-volunteer/

I'm looking forward to catching up with folks at the show,

Steve

Now there are 5 NSXs. Just returned from three weeks in Peru this morning -- not one NSX there that I saw!

This year, we're having a small gathering on the Friday before the show. We're calling it the motoring legends forum, and we're hoping to make this an annual part of the car show weekend. The idea is to bring in some well known people in automotive circles for a panel discussion in a smaller environment. If you're interested, you can get more information at the link below.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e9azlrq05400da7a&llr=keqndscab

By the way, the last list I saw had 10 NSXes on it.

Steve

Looks like I missed the registration cut off date, unless someone has another way for me to register late for the event looks like I'll be out of this one? I am going to try and go anyway even if my car is not in the show, so I can meet some new local owners.

You can indeed register the day of the show by arriving early. The grounds open at 7. We've got 12 NSXs registerred for the show. Dawk, I didn't see your name on the list, will you be able to join us?

I should be able to lay out spots for 14 cars unless I hear for sure that we've got more than 2 day-of-show registrants....

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again,

Steve

Nice! I'll be there just not in the show, missed the registration date and I work late Sat night till 3 am so I don't think I'll be able to go early and register:frown: Looking forward to hearing your exhaust though for sure!!

Edit: I just talked to a local Prime member who was going to go and had registered already but won't be able to make it due to work obligations that came up, so he said that I can have his registration to use. So it looks like I'll be able to go after all. Is there any issue in using somebody else registration with their name on it???

Last edited:
Geez. I'll be stopping by.. Unfortunately I have to fly out for business so I did not enter my car.
I just ordered a CTSC so I'm curious if any of you have one and who installed. Thanks
Sorry I could not enter my car.. -Sebastian

I laid out 14 spots for us at the show. I think that will give us enough room for everyone. MileHighNsx, I sent you a PM.

See everyone tomorrow.

Steve

Based-on the weather today, is the show going to be rescheduled ?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really sorry guys! I weighed the decision to go or stay based-on the weather in the springs.
Sucks! sorry guys :(

I assume they did not reschedule nor cancel; perhaps next year.....

Based-on the weather today, is the show going to be rescheduled ?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really sorry guys! I weighed the decision to go or stay based-on the weather in the springs.
Sucks! sorry guys :(

I assume they did not reschedule nor cancel; perhaps next year.....

I was wondering the same thing, I had to go out of town today, wasn’t sure how bad it was in Littleton.

Back