• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

350Z meets tree

Looks like the air-bag deployed after contact with the curb, and the driver went forward.

My favorite part of that vid is the nonchalant attitude of the guy and his daughter (?) walking past the accident! It's like he see's trees wearing cars every day! :eek:

Go frame by frame (towards the end). I was suprised at how much I missed watching it in real time. The curb/trashcan jump and all that dirt, whew!

PoohBEAR said:
I have window media player 10 and i can't see it. why?
.mov = quicktime

haha, there was a 350 parked on front of my street. About three weeks ago, a drunk driver slammed it in ot a light pole and almost split the thing into half. The front right tire fell off after hitting the curb... it was a sad moment. The funny thing was, the owner of the car show up later drunk also... I guess the car would have been destroyed by him if the other driver did hit it.

MAJOR STONER said:
Looks like the air-bag deployed after contact with the curb, and the driver went forward.
No, it doesn't. What you're looking at is his helmet, not an airbag. When he hits the curb, he's thrown forward. However, since the curb is only about 12-15 feet or so in front of the tree, it doesn't really matter; there's no way to avoid the tree at that point anyway.

San Diego Drift Day at Qualcomm Stadium...

poor boy didn't finish a single corner..

that video reminds me of the one from a long time ago of the doofus doing a burnout take off on the street and then he veared left, jumped the curb and hit a vw jetta in the rear quarter while threading a needle between an integra type-r and a light post! Anyone remember that one? It was classic. :biggrin:

Back