• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

350Z Vs NSX

Check with Mike of Bridgewater Acura fame, he's on his second Z, but does love his NSX :biggrin:

I only drove one for about 5 minutes, but it was fun. Lots of low-end Tq, but the fun is cut short at 6100 PRM. It definetly has more low-end power than the NSX, but the NSX will be much faster at higher speeds.

The interior build quality of the 350 is very poor compared to many other cars today and also to a 1991 NSX!

To me, the G35 coupe is a much better car vs. the 350. Better Looking, back seats if you need them, and higher quality interior parts. Plus I am not sure how well the styling will age on the 350 over time.

I own a NSX and my business partner has a convertible 350Z.

The 350Z feels heavier and bigger. It shifts very smoothly, and has as much or more (probably slightly more) power than my NSX. The 350Z has a smoother sports car feel about it, while the NSX has more of a darty, go-kart, track ready feel. The 350 is very up-to-date and modern, and has many nice features. As much as the 350 feels like a sports car (and it does), the NSX feels more like a sports car, because of it's handling characterisics. Acceleration wise, they are very similar.

The 350 I am familiar with, is also a convertible, which gives it an advantage the NSX can't offer.

My new personalized NSX tag says, "ON RAILS", because it really does feel like it is on rails when you drive it.

I love my car, but I REALLY do see the appeal of the 350Z.

Last edited:
I like the 350Z very much. One of my best friends has one. It feels heavy yet nimble. The interior is cheesy to me. The rear end is fugly. Overall, I rate it a 6-7 / 10.....The NSX is much better.

Its a big huge class down. The proper comparion would be to an S2000, which I used to have and I loved. The NSX is something totally different; its an entirely different league IMO.

A close friend of mine just bought a 350Z. While on a drive in the local mountains, we switched cars at one of our stops. The Z had good acceleration, great breaks and good handling. But within the first two minutes of driving I realized I had ZERO driver feedback through the pedals and steering wheel - I couldn't feel the road. And as a result I felt very insecure with any kind of real speed.

I agree that the 350Z is a sports car, But the NSX feels more like a go-kart on the road. Light, nimble, darty. The Z definately isn't any of those in comaparison.

P.S. Before someone with a Z jumps in and calls me crazy - I am refering to stock cars. Yes you can modify a 350Z to make it feel more like an NSX.

Last edited:
I've walked three of them now (and counting) with ease :wink:

Now guys I wouldn't go getting that darn cocky. The 350z needs some definite tweaking to help her a long but she is 1/3 the cost of the NSX. You could buy a Z 30k drop $10k into her and have an NSX eater all day long. and still have $40K+ left over.

133153.jpg

I love the NSX and have loved it since 91 butI think it is hard to compare the two. The 350z is a great car and for ~ $26-30k u can not beat it.

220820.jpg
:wink:

black350zwidebody said:
Now guys I wouldn't go getting that darn cocky. The 350z needs some definite tweaking to help her a long but she is 1/3 the cost of the NSX. You could buy a Z 30k drop $10k into her and have an NSX eater all day long. and still have $40K+ left over.

I don't think we are cocky. The fact is any of us could have bought a 350 instead. Just as you could have bought a 91-94 NSX instead of your 350. But following your logic, you could also buy a clean 91 NSX for $30K, put 10K into it and eat most Ferrari's all day long.

Anyway, Your car looks really sweet. Congrats on it! One of the nicest 350's I have seen.

black350zwidebody said:

I too do not believe that we are being cocky; Im very new to my NSX but the things that stir up my emotions for the car have little to do with what you are speaking about.

What I love about the NSX is the sum of all its parts. Any of its characteristics in isolation are strong (or in some cases sufficient), but when pulled together, the whole car just works incredibly well IMO.

It FEELS special even though its just a Honda. It FEELS like a super car, even though its just a Honda.

When Im driving it, I FEEL like Ive never felt driving anyother vehicle, which is why I bought mine.

I too like your nice 350Z - Nice GT-Cs, I had those on my S2000 and hope that they fit the NSX.

RPM217 said:
Check with Mike of Bridgewater Acura fame, he's on his second Z, but does love his NSX :biggrin:

No comparison, Z is a very nice car but really just in a different league. I would compare the Z to the S2000.... The Z has terrible build quality and the interior is very cheap looking. I love the look of them but they are way to over porduced. I see 3-4 Z's just on my way to work! (1 hour commute) Ive yet to see another NSX during my drive. Its fast with gobs of torque but the momentum get lost in its balky and notchy shifter. Very hard to speedshift. Ive driving the Z now becuase my NSX is going thru a "little audio buildup" :biggrin: and its nice but its no NSX... Oh and if you going to buy a Z, make sure its a track. Im on my second and the brakes are superb and the rims are hot. Oh, the Z does have better brakes than my NSX but then again so does the 04-05 TL. Brembo's are great.

Hope that helps...

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
... Oh, the Z does have better brakes than my NSX but then again so does the 04-05 TL. Brembo's are great.

Hope that helps...

My '05 NSX's brake are very good for a production car. I've been told that new pads, SS lines and high-temp brake fluid will make the brakes superb for the street and for an occasional track-day. Were you referring to 1st gen. NSX brakes?

hey guys I am new to posting here and did not mean to offend (if I did). I should have been more specific as to who I was talking to.

SPA_S2000 - "Its a big huge class down" comment was a little cocky and so was the comment made by NSXTASY_MD - "I've walked three of them now (and counting) with ease"

There is something to be said about having a 5yr warranty with your $30k purchase, no miles, being the only owner, owning one of the 1st Zs to be released (talk about a head turner in 03), and NSXTASY_MD -- u would be amazed at how $5k, 10 hrs, and TT can cure that walking problem of your.

Now that Nissan has lost its mind and it producing Zs like stangs many of us Z owners have been forced to mod our Zs to retain the uniqueness. I promise you that If I pulled up next to an NSX I would get as much if not more attention and I am still under $40k.

So, It really comes down to what u want. I plan to purchase an NSX as a track car in the next yr. so I am in no way bashing them, but I know the benefits of owning a Z and wanted to share them with you guys.

The Z is by far the best car (fun wise) I have ever owned. I will likely have similar feelings about the NSX when I make the move.

Thanks for the compliments on my Z. I hope to learn a lot from you all in the next few months and maybe meet up with you soon.

In considering my purchase, I test drove a BMW 330, 350Z, Subaru WRX Sti, and NSX....as well as many others, but these were some of the ones I was considering putting money on

My impressions:
1) BMW - fun car to drive, handling was great, acceleration was good, but look is somewhat generic.
2) 350Z - Acceleration was good, equivalent to the BMW, 350Z handled well, but felt heavy relative to BMW, looks were great and improved over BMW... the biggest issue that I had was the seat was too low for me and visibility felt like I had to lean forward to get visibility - I am 5'6 and I felt that I needed to be a few inches taller to fit comfortably in the car...
3) WRX - best acceleration of the bunch, really pushed you back, handling is awesome, the car is just absolutely a blast to drive, but it looks fugly, and too many high school kids have these....
4) NSX - acceleration was 2nd to WRX, handling was the best of the bunch, the car is far and away the best in looks - I am constantly getting lots of attention.. (sometimes more than I want!), and I think it is the best package deal... of course you gotta pay more for it, but hey, you only live once....

NSX-Tuner said:
My '05 NSX's brake are very good for a production car. I've been told that new pads, SS lines and high-temp brake fluid will make the brakes superb for the street and for an occasional track-day. Were you referring to 1st gen. NSX brakes?

I have a 1992 and my brakes are so-so. Im getting cross drilled rotors and im currently researching a pair of good street pads. Id like to buy a package from somewhere just to make it easier.

I drove a 350z before buying my NSX. I thought it was a very nice car...lots of power down low, handled pretty well, but it felt too much like my brother's MkIV Supra TT. They're great sports cars, but they just don't have that exotic feel. Also the styling of a 350z doesn't really appeal to me. I'd take a MkIV Supra over the 350z any day. Just my opinion... :biggrin:

black350zwidebody said:
I love the NSX and have loved it since 91 butI think it is hard to compare the two. The 350z is a great car and for ~ $26-30k u can not beat it.
Very true. One of my students had a 350Z at Sebring and I loved instructing in it. Very fast and comfortable. He offered to take it for a few laps and it drove very nice. It was raining for those laps and I didn't want to push it too hard, but was impressed.

Bob

I like the Z's, but only in stock and slightly modded forms (Wheels and lowered). Sorry, but I have yet to see a bodykit that makes it look better than worse...the same goes for just about any car including the NSX. Just personal preference. This is coming from a car designers pov btw. :cool:

Spinner said:
I like the Z's, but only in stock and slightly modded forms (Wheels and lowered). Sorry, but I have yet to see a bodykit that makes it look better than worse...the same goes for just about any car including the NSX. Just personal preference. This is coming from a car designers pov btw. :cool:

Very accurate statement...

black350zwidebody said:

That is one sweet looking 350Z. Nice body kit, really set it apart from the regular 350Zs.

For $26~$30 it is hard to beat for a new car, if I absolutely have to buy a new car with around $30k, definitely would be one of my top 3 choices.

But for near the same amount of money. I much rather have a clean daily drivable 400~600rwhp Supra TT or another used NSX.

It is not always about HP or straightline performance, there are something about NSX that put it in another class above. Built quality, aluminium body frame, insanely fun to drive.

There are also supercharger or turbo options for NSX as well.

black350zwidebody said:
...I promise you that If I pulled up next to an NSX I would get as much if not more attention and I am still under $40k.
Maybe your 350Z, but not the stock 350Z for sure.

I test drove a 350Z convertible this weekend, and was pretty impressed with the car for the money. But fact is my NSX at the Nissan dealership attracted a heck of a lot more attention than any of the Z's. People of all ages were coming up to look at my NSX, and I wished I hadn't driven it to the Nissan dealer because it was causing such a commotion.

Bottom line is I do really like the 350Z, especially the convertible. The NSX however is definitely the one to have if you could only choose one.

I don't think we are cocky. The fact is any of us could have bought a 350 instead. Just as you could have bought a 91-94 NSX instead of your 350. But following your logic, you could also buy a clean 91 NSX for $30K, put 10K into it and eat most Ferrari's all day long

Nicely said :)

And we are on an nsx forum, post the same question on 350z forum and see sparks!

Nice 350z (not found of the yellow headlights) Veilside kit for the 350z is a nice piece of work. :)

Back