• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

350Z Vs NSX

I too, am one of those contemplating a new Z vs. used NSX. In my short test drive of the Nissan the easiest summation to me was that it felt like a Japanese version of the Mustang. From the throaty exhaust, to the bulkiness of the body, it's defnitely not a nimble, "pure" sports car; it doesn't even come close in feel to my Rx7 R1. For that price range, if someone is looking for more sport I'd suggest a new S2000 (which I'm also considering). You have to ask yourself which you prefer: sports car or sports coupe. Most cars get falsely classified as the former, when in fact they fall in the latter.

I have seriously considered a new 350Z before buying my 91 NSX. I have driven the 350z for a week and was very impressed with it. The style is just awesome, interior and sounds system is just great. Ride and handling is superb!

But it's not an NSX...not even close...

I might also add that it seems everybody is driving the 350Z - and I think it just prove that for the money its all worth it. The problem is I see them everywhere! Even at Grocery stores and hardwares! :confused:

But for the NSX - Why would somebody pay for $30-40 for a 14 yr old car?
Well - I'd say drive it for a day and you'll find out!
:wink:

Last edited:
black350zwidebody said:
Now guys I wouldn't go getting that darn cocky. The 350z needs some definite tweaking to help her a long but she is 1/3 the cost of the NSX. You could buy a Z 30k drop $10k into her and have an NSX eater all day long. and still have $40K+ left over.

133153.jpg

I love the NSX and have loved it since 91 butI think it is hard to compare the two. The 350z is a great car and for ~ $26-30k u can not beat it.

220820.jpg
:wink:

ROTFL..... Honestly are you serious???? :confused:

Looking at that car.... Two types of poeple come to mind....

1. Middle aged big hairy chested bloke with Gold chains around the neck, gold bracelets, open shirt etc..... (all show and no go!)

2. First car for a 16-18 yr old kid who is too young to know any better...

Wrong forum Mate!

AU_NSX said:
Looking at that car.... Two types of poeple come to mind....

1. Middle aged big hairy chested bloke with Gold chains around the neck, gold bracelets, open shirt etc..... (all show and no go!)

2. First car for a 16-18 yr old kid who is too young to know any better...
Based on the extensive use of chat room abbreviations in his post, I'm betting on number 2...

Lets be careful not to bash "black350zwidebody". His comments are not offensive, and his is also an NSX lover. Heck, he plans to own one someday.

He realizes they are different cars, and he will understand the difference to a better degree, once he owns a NSX.

He is only being defensive of his car, not bashing ours. :smile:

I purchased a Nissan Armada back in December. I went in for my 1000 mile service and I was talking to the service advisor about their floor. They just built a new dealership with a drive in drop off area with an epoxy floor. I mentioned I was planning on finishing my garage and putting down some type of floor. We got talking about my other vehicles and I mentioned I had an NSX. He went nuts. We must have talked about the NSX for 10 minutes. He sees 350Zs all day long. He wants me to bring the NSX to the dealership in the spring. He even called the next day to remind me, and to make sure I was happy with the sevice on the Armada.

black350zwidebody,

Man that 350Z looks nice. I think the Veilside kit on the 350Z makes it look real hot. Especially in black. I've seen this kit in person and I know. How come the lights look yellow in the 2nd pic but not in the 1st :confused: Also, what size rims do you have on your 350Z and where are you located at?

I see Min Ho's 350Z, from MD, at most of the local car shows and he always wins something. Here is a pic of his car with the same kit.

350zminho12.jpg

Last edited:
1TITENSX said:
black350zwidebody,

Man that 350Z looks nice. I think the Veilside kit on the 350Z makes it look real hot. Especially in black. I've seen this kit in person and I know. How come the lights look yellow in the 2nd pic but not in the 1st :confused: Also, what size rims do you have on your 350Z and where are you located at?

I see Mong Ho's 350Z, from MD, at most of the local car shows and he always wins something. Here is a pic of his car with the same kit.

350zminho12.jpg

I have seen this 350Z in person myself. Very nice exterior and those rims are actually the ones I am saving up for. But if you have ever seen the interior....... Yuck.... Total rice. Twin turbo if I'm not mistaken though..

Distance Runner said:
Lets be careful not to bash "black350zwidebody". His comments are not offensive, and his is also an NSX lover. Heck, he plans to own one someday.

He realizes they are different cars, and he will understand the difference to a better degree, once he owns a NSX.

Thanks Distance runner. You saved me the typing!

1TITENSX -- I am in MD as well. Craziest thing is I have never seen Mong Ho's 350Z in person. Every event I enter he doesn't and vis versa. I would really like to meet the guy and see his car in person. I really need to see how he attached hi gas cap. I have been driving around with no cover for 6 months now. The was Veilside big mistake.

I will likely meet him at the big evolution meet on the 26th in Chantilly VA. U plan on showing up at this event? The past few events have been really nice. All makes and models show up. Last yr there was a red NSX, two blown vipers, a few magazine cover 350zs and s2000s, etc. About 70 cars showed up for the last spring meet. Should be fun this yr.

The pics with the yellow lights is more recent. It was taken when I got my Clear bra installed. We threw them on just to see how they look. I am still not sure what I think of them, but I put her in hibernation right after that.

Anyone in the MD, DC, VA area need an amazing clear bra man Rob Freeman
@ PROFORM PROTECTIVE FILMS Maryland Performance Works is the one! That is one piece of film on my front bumper! no seams! did an amazing job.

AU_NSX and nsxtasy -- I am 33 yrs old, no gold anything, an MBA, a suit to work everyday, my daily driver is a 04 tundar double cab, my wife’s truck is a 03 sequoia LTD, and all, including my z, were paid for in cash. So maybe u need a 3rd option there buddy.

And lastly, whoever said a Z had no Go! Bone stock to bone stock the NSX is a little faster than the Z, but the driver is really more important. And who said my Z was bone stock ;)

you guys are fun.

black350zwidebody said:
AU_NSX and nsxtasy -- I am 33 yrs old, no gold anything, an MBA, a suit to work everyday, my daily driver is a 04 tundar double cab, my wife’s truck is a 03 sequoia LTD, and all, including my z, were paid for in cash. So maybe u need a 3rd option there buddy.

And lastly, whoever said a Z had no Go! Bone stock to bone stock the NSX is a little faster than the Z, but the driver is really more important. And who said my Z was bone stock ;)

Cool re the MBA and the suit - sounds like me :D and a few others around here also. Funny that it doesnt sound like anyone at FerrariChat though :D.

And I think you're underestimating the diff between a stock NSX and a stock Z. It's probably about 3/4 of a second and about 6 mph in the 1320. Thats being totally demolished by, not a little faster. My old S2000 is about par with the Z.

black350zwidebody,

I might come to the meet on the 26th. Depends on the weather and other contributing factors...no rain for me :tongue:

IMO, the lights look better stock. Nothing else is on the car to compliment the yellow so it stick outs a lot. Just my .02

1TITENSX -- i hope u can make it on the 26th. really looking forward to seeing ur car. I'll be sure to wear my "gold chains, gold bracelets, open shirt etc" :rolleyes:

SPA_S2000 -- I thought the NSX was a mid 13s car. Good drives are getting 13.6-13.8s witht the Z bone. Am I thinking of the 91-94 NSX? are the 95+ much faster?

black350zwidebody said:

Wow, tough crowd! :eek:

Hot looking Z by the way. :wink:

black350zwidebody said:
1TITENSX -- i hope u can make it on the 26th. really looking forward to seeing ur car. I'll be sure to wear my "gold chains, gold bracelets, open shirt etc" :rolleyes:

RMAFAOLOL...Good one Black350z!! Very nice car. Been to a 350z meet here in Socal and I was very impressed with what some had done to thiers!! The guys were awesome too!!

I saw a convertable 350z the other day and it really caught my eye, If i didnt have the NSX, that would probably be the car i would get!

For me it's all about being unique on the highway. 350z's are becoming a very common sight. Kind of re-defines MASS production. The NSX has been around since 91. I haven't seen a total of 91 NSX's since then. Yet in the past months probably seen 91 350z's. That to me is what really separates the two. Just my .02 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
black350zwidebody said:

Does that make you feel big and important by telling us "paid for in cash" ? :rolleyes: Should we now bow down to you ?
B.T.W. - it's called a TUNDRA not TUNDAR.

One more thing - for having an MBA.....your Grammar SUCKS!

wagyshag said:
Does that make you feel big and important by telling us "paid for in cash" ? :rolleyes: Should we now bow down to you ?
B.T.W. - it's called a TUNDRA not TUNDAR.

One more thing - for having an MBA.....your Grammar SUCKS!

Come on now, that is not really called for.

:biggrin: I really wonder if that guy is 30 some years old... OR is this person just another young little kid who says he "owns the car" yet it's just a online picture he found at cardomain or something? I have a NSX, and a IS shared with my brother, and i still like the IS better. IMO, The G35 looks much better than the 350Z, even if it is a bit heavier.

black350zwidebody said:
I am 33 yrs old, no gold anything, an MBA, a suit to work everyday, my daily driver is a 04 tundar double cab, my wife’s truck is a 03 sequoia LTD, and all, including my z, were paid for in cash.
Do you type that same chat room crap on memos and reports you write at your job? You know what I'm talking about, those juvenile abbreviations like "u" instead of "you", "r" instead of "are", "b/c" instead of "because". That's the kind of crap you see in chat rooms frequented by teenagers. It's generally not used in forums frequented by adults... like NSXprime. Not that it's never used here - occasionally it is - just as we occasionally do have teenagers posting here - but it's not the norm here. And I bet it's not the norm at your workplace, either. (I'm assuming you didn't get your MBA so you could ask people, "Would you like fries with that?"... although that's sort of the workplace equivalent of typing "u" and "r".)

I'm not doubting that you're 33 or you have an MBA. But the writing in your posts makes you appear otherwise.

nsxtasy said:
Do you type that same chat room crap on memos and reports you write at your job? You know what I'm talking about, those juvenile abbreviations like "u" instead of "you", "r" instead of "are", "b/c" instead of "because". That's the kind of crap you see in chat rooms frequented by teenagers. It's generally not used in forums frequented by adults... like NSXprime. Not that it's never used here - occasionally it is - just as we occasionally do have teenagers posting here - but it's not the norm here. And I bet it's not the norm at your workplace, either. (I'm assuming you didn't get your MBA so you could ask people, "Would you like fries with that?"... although that's sort of the workplace equivalent of typing "u" and "r".)

I'm not doubting that you're 33 or you have an MBA. But the writing in your posts makes you appear otherwise.

Could not have said it better myself!! You may be 33 but I doubt you have an MBA. Your Grammar would say otherwise :rolleyes:

NsSeX said:
Ricer comes to mind for me. To each his own I guess.

Ditto

No offense to the guy with the Black350Z but regardless of your background, you surely have a taste for a "Rice Mobile", If I saw your car on the streets, I would think a 16 year old owns it. Im sure you are a well educated person but when it comes to taste in cars, you sure have a taste for rice :biggrin:

To each his own, welcome aboard :smile:

Distance Runner said:

Distance Runner, with all respect for your opinion... I find "black350zwidebody" comments to be argumentative and immature! Let me refresh your memory...

black350zwidebody said:
Now guys I wouldn't go getting that darn cocky. The 350z needs some definite tweaking to help her a long but she is 1/3 the cost of the NSX. You could buy a Z 30k drop $10k into her and have an NSX eater all day long. and still have $40K+ left over.

I stand by my recommendation that he find another forum to make his unsubstantiated, argumentative and immature claims, as they do not belong on NSXPrime!

I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the manners of some NSX Primers here. I always thought one of the strengths of the community here was a little more tolerance than with some of the more elitist boards. Everyone has a right to an opinion but come on, if you can't say something nice.... :frown:

Back