• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd NSX and Friends Track Event 11/30/07

Hey Chris:

The rain is a great way to build skills and confidence, but probably not the best for open cockpit racecars with slicks! I have a newfound respect for the EVO MR and it's 4WD capabilities!
:biggrin:
Thanks again for another safe and fun event!

Hey Marc,
Were you driving the Graphic MR with dark wheels? You were smokin out there. If so, there are a couple videos of you from my in-car over at my site. There is a link three posts up in this thread. I think you were in the videos "Session 3 & 4 gorup A". Just scroll down the thread over there you will see them.
Manly

Driving in the rain is wonderful!

I did not think I would like it. There was a little fear. This type of driving, with some help from Billy and Jeff, has made me a better driver.

Thank you Chris.

Lance

It was to be run in the CCW direction but for safty it was run in the CW direction.

Thanks to the Event Master for putting on this event, What a great time I had playing with the NSX and the Viper. Two so very differant cars.

Sign me up for the next one 2/15/08.

I thought you guys were going to run it counter-clockwise?

The more experienced commented that the downhill left turn is too dangerous in the rain.

For a couple of cars that have tires setup for CCW, my appologizes for the last minute change. I had to follow the seasoned track instructors.

A little fun in the COZmobile:
DriftJimCscarcut.jpg

and mine:
MyCar.jpg

Re: Anyone have a BEACON for HOT LAP TIMER?

Chris,
Great time....Eric and I had a blast.
Well worth the drive from Arizona.
Great meeting all you guys and seeing those of you I already know.
Billy, as always, your amazing....
Thanks for putting the event together Chris, we look forward to the next one...Hopfully without the rain though...:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Here are a few of the pictures I took. Got some good video, but to large to post on Prime.

Attachments

• P1010101s.JPG
    P1010101s.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 78
  • P1010099s.JPG
    P1010099s.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 76
  • P1010092s.JPG
    P1010092s.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 81
  • P1010095s.JPG
    P1010095s.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 78
  • P1010096s.JPG
    P1010096s.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 72

Chris,
Thanks for putting the event together Chris, we look forward to the next one...Hopfully without the rain though...:biggrin:

Jim,

Thanks for coming all the way from AZ to support us! You won the longest distance drive award that day. The previous winner was Lance from Vegas. At least you got to run your car almost all day. Mark J. and Marc W., on the other hand, had no treads on their race tires and ended up sitting on the side line all day.

Sorry about renting the track with the "wet package" option! :biggrin: "He" made a mistake or was it His humor. I only ordered "rain on the side" and "He" ended up smothering us with a generous portion of life juice on the main course. LoL!

Had a blast meeting everyone and getting on the track for the first time. Will definitely be making it out to the next event in February.

Well worth the trip Chris.
We'll be there for the next one as well in February. This time Eric will be tracking his Integra if you have a beginner group.
You ran a great event and we plan on continuing to support you all we can for your events.
Pleasure meeting you and we'll be seeing you again soon I'm sure.

Jim,

Thanks for coming all the way from AZ to support us! You won the longest distance drive award that day. The previous winner was Lance from Vegas. At least you got to run your car almost all day.

Here are a few of the pictures I took. Got some good video, but to large to post on Prime.

Do you have any vids of the yellow elise? You can upload the video on my site and copy the "bb code" and paste the video on this thread for others to view just like the videos below:

Sessions 1&2 Group A video highlights

Session 1 Group A

Victor, Jeff, Steve, Tim, Sam, Mark's Brother, and others

Session 2 Part1 Group A

Tim, and others

Session 2 Part2 Group A

Tim going off, Mark's Bro, Victor Spinning, and others

Sessions 3 & 4 Group A video highlights

Session 3 Group A

Sam, Lee in the Viper, and more

Session 4 Part1 Group A

Tim, Billy's White NSX (don't think he was driving it), Lee, and others

Session 4 Part2 Group A

Trying hard to follow Mark in his S2000. He's at least a few seconds faster than me without traffic.
Lots of other cars in the video as well.

Full thread here:
http://www.trackhq.com/forums/showthread.php?t=908

I had a blast this Friday and it was great meeting some of you. I wanted to give a big thank you to Craig for coming out on that track with me and teaching me a ton! Big ups to Chris for setting this up definitely put me down for the next one!

After I retired my NSX as a daily driver, I never thought I'd be driving her in the rain again, but I am REALLY glad I got the opportunity to do so on a track!

Thanks a lot to Chris and everyone else involved in running another fantastic event.

Here are some of my teaser pics:

Great pictures Akira.
It was fun....

Not sure, but I will check. It's a Monday and back to reality and work.
Will let you know tomorrow.

Billy gave me a place to upload the video I have which I will try and get done also tomorrow.

It really was a fun time. Everybody was cool, safe and we all laughed together. What more could you ask for in the rain.

Do you have any vids of the yellow elise? You can upload the video on my site and copy the "bb code" and paste the video on this thread for others to view just like the videos below:

Hi Eric,

Those are some really nice photos. Thank you for taking the time to capture the day with your camera even when it was wet out there.

Thanks for sharing!

Great job...
I agree, to much work to post here.

Thanks for the kudos on the pics.

What camera and lens did you use?

Canon D60...most shots are with my favorite lens: Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM. Wide shots are with Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L.

I was just gifted the 30D (a really nice hand-me-down)...a little late for the Streets, but in time for my Hawaiian vacation (I've been back in L.A. since Tuesday). I took 7GB worth of photos on the Big Island and Maui. Will take weeks to get through them all!

Also, are any of them touched by photoshop?

I shoot RAW, so technically all of them have been touched by Photoshop (or at least Adobe Bridge). For the most part, I simply crop, tweak color temperature, and flesh out the contrast and details when developing the RAW images...it is a lot of work, but I can usually get through 100 photos in an hour if I only need to tweak RAW settings. I also shoot all of my shots in full manual mode which helps with consistency of settings when processing the RAW images...at least when the weather isn't in constant flux. ;)

Akira, great pics, thanks...Cdub, another great event, can't wait until the next one (rain or shine).

Mike

Back