• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

4.44 or 4.55 gears?

You might try contacting SOS. The vast majority of NSXs around here pass through there, they're a good resource for info of this kind.

Depends on your goal for the car. If you have FI, then the stock 4.06 gears are best. For NA, the 4.23 (NSX-R) is perfect for the 6-speed and marginal for the 5-speed. 4.44 and 4.55 make the 5-speed very buzzy and I think only work for a pure drag car. I have driven a 6-speed with the 4.44 and did not like it- too short. Also, I know there was an issue with the CT 4.55 breaking relatively early in use. In my own NSX (NA), I have the JDM gear stack with the 4.06. It is perfect on street and track.

Depends on your goal for the car. If you have FI, then the stock 4.06 gears are best. For NA, the 4.23 (NSX-R) is perfect for the 6-speed and marginal for the 5-speed. 4.44 and 4.55 make the 5-speed very buzzy and I think only work for a pure drag car. I have driven a 6-speed with the 4.44 and did not like it- too short. Also, I know there was an issue with the CT 4.55 breaking relatively early in use. In my own NSX (NA), I have the JDM gear stack with the 4.06. It is perfect on street and track.
I am building my spare tranny for drag racing purposes only and once I reach my goal I will remove the tranny and sell it for whatever I can. I would prefer 4.44 gears as they have proven to be stronger than the comtech 4.55 gears . Thanks for the input

Back