• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5 Year Anniversary

LMR

Legendary Member
Celebrating my 5 year anniversary today. I met her in early August 2010 and a little over a week later I made her mine. I know that seems like a very short time for such a big decision but I knew I could not live without her and had to make her mine as soon as possible. It's been a wonderfull 5 years with lots of great times together. We spend nearly everyday just the two of us. After 5 years she's even more beautiful than when we met. I don't think I could have made a better choice. We never fight and she never gets jealous, even if I look at another. If you haven't already figure this out I'm talking about my NSX, not my wife.:biggrin: As for my wife I met her 25 years ago on the 9th of this month. Anyways back to what this thread is about, my NSX. I saw my first pictures of the NSX in 1990 and fell in love. I remember thinking that Japan had finally built a supercar, something that would be reliable and could be driven everyday. But with a sticker price of 60-65K and the makeups the dealer were putting on it making it closer to 80K+ I knew it wasn't going to happen anytime soon as I had just bought my house a year earlier and money was just not there for a car in that price range. I kept checking the used NSX prices over the years but they really held their price. But after a string of events that started in 2000 with buying my 4Runner and selling my beloved 95 MR2:frown: (after several agruments with the wife about not needing both of them) I ended up buying a BMW Z4 in 06. What a POS that car was and finally lemon lawed it in the summer of 2010 and ended up with a nice big check. (There is a longer version of the story that some of the locals here have heard) Since the summer of 2010 was at the end of the recession and car prices were at there lowest it was time to take a look at the NSX again. What I found out when checking prices was that I didn't have to get an earlier year NSX like I thought I would have to but could get a later year with the 3.2 engine, 6 speed trany and a targa top that I really wanted. After a month of searching I found my Black Beauty. One of the best benifits of owning the NSX was the people I have met locally and here on prime. I always tell people that it's like a family as everyone seems to get along and is willing help each other. After 5 years and 77K miles I'm still loving every minute of owning my NSX. Looking forward to many more miles and years of ownership.

Sorry for the long post but believe it or not that's a short version of my NSX story.:smile:

Congratulations on both of your anniversaries. I remember the day I bought my first one. Your sentiments are spot on. Now go out, look at your car and smile some more.

Congratulations, you and your wife, I mean car, have greatly improved the SoCal NSX community. I remember the first Costa Mesa meet that you attended. You were so enthusiastic! Keep on trucking!

Celebrating my 5 year anniversary today. I met her in early August 2010 and a little over a week later I made her mine. I know that seems like a very short time for such a big decision but I knew I could not live without her and had to make her mine as soon as possible. It's been a wonderfull 5 years with lots of great times together. We spend nearly everyday just the two of us. After 5 years she's even more beautiful than when we met. I don't think I could have made a better choice. We never fight and she never gets jealous, even if I look at another. If you haven't already figure this out I'm talking about my NSX, not my wife.:biggrin: As for my wife I met her 25 years ago on the 9th of this month. Anyways back to what this thread is about, my NSX. I saw my first pictures of the NSX in 1990 and fell in love. I remember thinking that Japan had finally built a supercar, something that would be reliable and could be driven everyday. But with a sticker price of 60-65K and the makeups the dealer were putting on it making it closer to 80K+ I knew it wasn't going to happen anytime soon as I had just bought my house a year earlier and money was just not there for a car in that price range. I kept checking the used NSX prices over the years but they really held their price. But after a string of events that started in 2000 with buying my 4Runner and selling my beloved 95 MR2:frown: (after several agruments with the wife about not needing both of them) I ended up buying a BMW Z4 in 06. What a POS that car was and finally lemon lawed it in the summer of 2010 and ended up with a nice big check. (There is a longer version of the story that some of the locals here have heard) Since the summer of 2010 was at the end of the recession and car prices were at there lowest it was time to take a look at the NSX again. What I found out when checking prices was that I didn't have to get an earlier year NSX like I thought I would have to but could get a later year with the 3.2 engine, 6 speed trany and a targa top that I really wanted. After a month of searching I found my Black Beauty. One of the best benifits of owning the NSX was the people I have met locally and here on prime. I always tell people that it's like a family as everyone seems to get along and is willing help each other. After 5 years and 77K miles I'm still loving every minute of owning my NSX. Looking forward to many more miles and years of ownership.

Sorry for the long post but believe it or not that's a short version of my NSX story.:smile:
yayyy

and truth to the z4 being a pos, i have one currently (the gen after yours) and have been trying to get rid of it ever since i picked it up, and trust me when i say your year was a better one if that tells you anything about this one.

yayyy

and truth to the z4 being a pos, i have one currently (the gen after yours) and have been trying to get rid of it ever since i picked it up, and trust me when i say your year was a better one if that tells you anything about this one.

I can give the name and number of the consumer lawyer I used. He can get you what you deserve. PM me if you want it.

Happy 5th Anniversary to you and your mistress - I mean your nsx :). I still remember the first time I met you with your lovely nsx (mistress) at Regan's house ( window fix it day with Hugo). Somehow I had that impression that you and your mistress was a perfect match - and 5 years later I was right! Congratulations Les! ;)

Last edited:
Happy 5th Anniversary to you and your mistress - I mean your nsx :). I still remember the first time I met you with your lovely nsx (mistress) at Regan's house ( window fix it day with Hugo). Somehow I had that impression that you and your mistress was a perfect match - and 5 years later I was right! Congratulations Les! ;)

Funny you call my NSX my mistress, the wife says the same thing LOL

Hugo's window fix at Regan's place was my first meet and just 2 days after getting her. Even though I didn't need the fix I just wanted to hang out and meet some locals. I remember being welcomed into the "family" that day.

LMR; Sorry for the long post but believe it or not that's a short version of my NSX story.:smile:[/QUOTE said:
I actually thought it was too short!! Favorite pics? Most memorable drive? Funniest comment? Closest call?

I actually thought it was too short!! Favorite pics?

There are a lot I like but here is one.

Most memorable drive?

We do monthly drives here in SoCal so there have been lots but I would have to say the one I did with my wife going all the up the California coast on PCH.

Funniest comment?

Being asked what kind of corvette is it.

Closest call?

I have a thread on that and it was just one day on my drive home, there are lots more.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/177678-Might-have-to-rethink-DD-my-NSX

Last edited:
October will be 5 years for "the cool car" as my wife calls it. Congrats, LMR. Here's wishing you many more years of Happy NSX Motoring.

Thanks Tyson. I'm looking forward to our 10 year anniversary.

Celebrating my 5 year anniversary today. selling my beloved 95 MR2:frown:

Thank you for sharing your story. Couple comments........

First and foremost - Congrats on 5 years ownership :)

2nd......
You sold your 1995 MR2.. :eek: hate to say it but.... that is painful just to hear those words.
The '91 - '95 MR2 will ALWAYS hold special memories for me personally. Before I could afford the NSX, I owned 5 different
MR2's ranging from '91 - '95; the last being a brand new 1995 white turbo; (one of the car regrets I wish I had never sold :( )

Anyway :)
Congrats again - Happy motoring!

Congratulations on the 5 years of ownership. Nice all black NSX.
I am looking for a NSX and I also have a 1993 MR2 turbo (avatar pic). I plan to keeping both of them and do an engine swap into the MR2 (shhh boosted K24).

Thanks to all that have posted here with your nice comments.:smile:

Thank you for sharing your story. Couple comments........

First and foremost - Congrats on 5 years ownership :)

2nd......
You sold your 1995 MR2.. :eek: hate to say it but.... that is painful just to hear those words.
The '91 - '95 MR2 will ALWAYS hold special memories for me personally. Before I could afford the NSX, I owned 5 different
MR2's ranging from '91 - '95; the last being a brand new 1995 white turbo; (one of the car regrets I wish I had never sold :( )

Anyway :)
Congrats again - Happy motoring!

Well I didn't want to sell my 95, it was painful and still miss it to this day but it did start the process that ended with my Black Beauty. I also owned an 85 (see my signature) so I had the first year and last year MR2's and loved both of them. The spyder MR2 is not a real MR2 in my opinion, not sure what Toyota was thinking when they made that thing.:confused: If I had a proper place to keep it I would get another 95 MR2 but who knows what the future holds.:wink:

Congratulations on the 5 years of ownership. Nice all black NSX.
I am looking for a NSX and I also have a 1993 MR2 turbo (avatar pic). I plan to keeping both of them and do an engine swap into the MR2 (shhh boosted K24).

That would be awesome and I would love to see pics of it when completed.

The spyder MR2 is not a real MR2 in my opinion, not sure what Toyota was thinking when they made that thing.:confused:

We are in complete agreement there. The spyder "mr2" was a very Ill-conceived idea which unfortunately made it to production. :rolleyes:

Back