• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

50 000$ for a 2001 NSX in Canada with 32 000 miles

I checked carfax and the car was for sale in the USA as an Acura Certified Pre-Owned vehicle as of March 2006.

So that means that if the NSX was CPO in 2006 it must of went through some sort of maintenance 2 years ago?

get a PPI

50K is a smoking deal. leads me to think there "must" be a story.

if not, its hell of a deal.

happy hunting

Rob:smile:

Take the vin down for a quick search here before closing the deal, you will be surprised of your findings as most cars are discussed here before. Otherwise, if you have already made the purchase, congrats and enjoy!

I would be careful. There are too many buyers for an 01 at prices higher than that to be confident that this car isnt without some major faults.

You wouldn't be referring to the one being sold at Encan Direct H. Gregroire, would you? If so, apparently there's an issue with it and that's why it hasn't sold for years. Watch out because at that price, either someone's taken a huge loss or there's a story....it's almost too good to be true but good luck!!

Carfax only discloses what was reported on police report. PPI by a good NSX tech should give you a reasonable assurance on all mechanical parts. Do a regional search for a reputable tech in the area where you're buying the car.

Note however that most tech are not good at picking up body work. Look at the wiki link below for most to-check when puchasing an NSX.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Purchase_Process

Get the vin and do a search on PRIME before putting down any money.

You wouldn't be referring to the one being sold at Encan Direct H. Gregroire, would you? If so, apparently there's an issue with it and that's why it hasn't sold for years. Watch out because at that price, either someone's taken a huge loss or there's a story....it's almost too good to be true but good luck!!

Really?

What's the issue? Who told you that?

How can there be an issue if the car has 32 000 miles now and at 31 000 miles an Acura dealer was selling it as a certified-pre-owned vehicle?

Please give me any info by PM or reference to someone to help me out as I'm having the car inspected on monday and can always back out.

thanks...

I wouldnt trust Carfax or Acura's certified pre-owned vehicle status as ensuring that the car hasnt been a lemon or completely wrecked or anything else. You need a proper inspection by an independant and able mechanic AND and independant and able body shop. It is difficult to find good NSXs in Quebec because of the title washing that can happen there.

I would be very cautious. They're willing to sell that car so cheap for a reason.

Edit: Aparently I had the wrong sunglasses on. Oops.
A red 01 for $50k.. Even if there is a story behind it, check it out. (which it sounds like you are about to)
You can fix a lot of stuff with the savings.
Its a car. Cars break/have issues. Decide if its worth dealing with. Deal with it and move on.

Last edited:
Its Yellow = Its cheap!!!

Enough Said

:-)

If you read post #1 & #5, the car is red. With your logic, its cheap because its red.
Enough Said.:biggrin:

Hey, take it from a white-haired old sporty-car nut (including two NSXs), a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it...and, a little bit of street-savvy wisdom, "there's an ass for every seat!"

Last edited:
Hello Jacques,

FYI, this car was also up for sale in T.O and based on my conversation with the dealer, I wouldn't have dealt with them. My impression was that this character was more than shady and that they were hiding something. Furthermore, this vehicle has also been discussed in the Canadian section, and found to have a few issues. Unfortunately, I can't find the thread.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like it duck, it's probably you're lucky day. Well, at this price, either it's a steal or there's a reason someone's ready to part with it.

Just make sure you have it inspected by someone who knows these cars!!
Good luck....

Hello Jacques,

FYI, this car was also up for sale in T.O and based on my conversation with the dealer, I wouldn't have dealt with them. My impression was that this character was more than shady and that they were hiding something. Furthermore, this vehicle has also been discussed in the Canadian section, and found to have a few issues. Unfortunately, I can't find the thread.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like it duck, it's probably you're lucky day. Well, at this price, either it's a steal or there's a reason someone's ready to part with it.

Just make sure you have it inspected by someone who knows these cars!!
Good luck....

I'm having it inspected tonight by one little garage and tomorrow by an Acura dealer.

As of now I feel like backing out and returning the car.

You are doing the due diligence and getting her evaluated. Then you can make an intelligent, non emotional decision if it passes your tests. No deal is too good to pass up. Don't let others give you cold feet with speculation. Get your facts and information, then decide. JMHO

This car has had the front end repainted as well.

I looked at this car July 2007, in Mississauga, the dealership before the one presently selling it. This car pulled to the right, very excessively.

Would have been a good deal if nothing was wrong with it.

I have pictures somewhere, if someone would like to see them. I will find them out and post them tomorrow. It was only from the pictures I was able to determine the front end had been repainted. Did not see the colour variance with just my eyes.

Ian

Back