• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

500 mile impression of my Lovefab Turbo

Well all I can say is thing ROCKS !! My IAT has been around 71-103 degrees in stop and go traffic with max boost at around 7.5 PSI. The car is very tractable around town (just like stock) and an animal when the throttle is floored. I was underneath the car yesterday and checked the torque of the bolts @ all connections and nothing required attention. I feel that this kit will not sacrifice any reliability as long as you leave it alone once it is tuned. I know Cody has not released pricing as of yet but it will not come cheap. On the other hand if you take a few of the popular FI options and add the essentials for safety and reliabilty (EMS, injectors etc) you will come up with roughly the same total $ value. The fitment and quality is of the same caliber of quality as the NSX itself, unlike half of the kits you see for Civics, Integras etc. MPG average has been around 25 if you keep your foot out of it. I was still suprised that I drove 200 miles yesterday and still have over 1/4 of a tank with a LOT of full throttle driving just touching up the tune, and stomping on it in stop and go traffic. Once again I would like to thank the tuner (you know who you are) and Cody for providing such a great product and service to this community. Oh yeah this message is for the tuner : I enjoyed myself yesterday and I hope you do not think I drive like a nut but because this turbo system brings out the worst in me. :biggrin:

Just in case someone is unaware of this kit here is the vendor thread :

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69117

Last edited:
dynomike said:
Glad to hear everthing went smoothly with the car. I estimate that this kit will start becoming very popular.:biggrin:

Thanks, I love the EMS by the way. I am very grateful that you spent the time to develop this harness for a fair price. I'll call you soon and order one for a freind of mine.

GOTTSPD said:
ball park price?

brandonson said:
"if you take a few of the popular FI options (SC) and add the essentials for safety and reliabilty (EMS, injectors, headers, etc) you will come up with roughly the same total $ value."

Thats all for now...

There were rumors at the MIR drag race event on Sunday about a yellow NSX beating up on a GT35R equipped Mitsubishi Evo 8 Saturday night. Apparently, that Evo put down 425 hp just a couple weeks prior.

I wouldn't know first hand...this is just what I heard. :wink:

Devin@AEM said:
There were rumors at the MIR drag race event on Sunday about a yellow NSX beating up on a GT35R equipped Mitsubishi Evo 8 Saturday night. Apparently, that Evo put down 425 hp just a couple weeks prior.

I was going to take my car to the event, but I had an obligation to attend (Preakness) which made me not feeling too good Sunday. The next time one comes around, I will be there to represent the NSX community.

Rob

Wheelman said:
I wonder what were the times on that yellow NSX..anyone know?:tongue:

I didn't run the car yet, that little encounter was on the street. I might run it Friday night weather permitting.

It looks very clean. I like this kit, just have question. How do you route your oil to and from turbocharger? I didn't see any oil tank under turbocharger on that picture. Is it going straight to electric oil pump ??

Thanks,
Dave

winreboot said:
It looks very clean. I like this kit, just have question. How do you route your oil to and from turbocharger? I didn't see any oil tank under turbocharger on that picture. Is it going straight to electric oil pump ??

Thanks,
Dave

It is going straight to the pump.

lol, a evo turned right with a gt35r runs low 11's or 10 and should be doing 500+ HP. Hell stock turbo cars on race gas run 11.5 @ 115ish

Devin@AEM said:

Yeah that is funny since you do not know what kind of boost that Evo was running.

Last edited:
brandonson said:
Yeah that is funny since you do know what kind of boost that Evo was running.

Or what it was running from :eek:

This setup looks like a well-put-together product, but the builder's refusal to post price guesstimates dampens my excitement, especially with the recent (and very affordable) release of the HP turbo kit.

scorp965 said:

This setup looks like a well-put-together product, but the builder's refusal to post price guesstimates dampens my excitement, especially with the recent (and very affordable) release of the HP turbo kit.

I certainly understand how you feel but I think he is reluctant to announce pricing as of yet because he is still working on a few details.

My car goes up there this weekend! aiming for 500 rwhp !

From the photos and impressions this kit looks like a real winner. Have you bolted one up to an NSX who's motor has been built? I would love to see HP figures on a motor that's capable of 300 - 350 HP on its own naturally aspirated. No matter how good the kit is and how good the tune is, a stock NSX motor with its open deck design is simply not up to the task of forced induction. It's like slipping minute doses of arsenic to a person on a daily basis. For a while they won't notice anything is wrong until that fateful moment when they drop dead.

I have plans in the near future to have a motor built from the bottom up with a final capability of about 350HP, I'd love to bolt this kit or even better, a twin turbo variant up to that.

After all, I have a license plate to live up to. :)

plate.jpg

Mine is sleeved with 9.5:1 forged pistons, we will see how she handles the arsenic!:biggrin:

scorp965 said:

Why, does Factor X have a published price list?

scorp965 said:

While I know nothing about the specific pricing for this kit, judging from its component completeness and worksmanship... you can froget about anything south of $10K. My guess is somewhere between $12-$20k in it's 'complete' form.

Hugh said:
From the photos and impressions this kit looks like a real winner. Have you bolted one up to an NSX who's motor has been built? I would love to see HP figures on a motor that's capable of 300 - 350 HP on its own naturally aspirated. No matter how good the kit is and how good the tune is, a stock NSX motor with its open deck design is simply not up to the task of forced induction. It's like slipping minute doses of arsenic to a person on a daily basis. For a while they won't notice anything is wrong until that fateful moment when they drop dead.

I have plans in the near future to have a motor built from the bottom up with a final capability of about 350HP, I'd love to bolt this kit or even better, a twin turbo variant up to that.

After all, I have a license plate to live up to. :)

plate.jpg

Hugh, if I were to leave my heads alone, build my engine (I will as soon as I recover from the turbo kit) with sleeves, Low comp pistons, rods, with stock specifications (other than 9:1 compression) I could get about 550-650 RWHP on pump gas with this setup. I could get a LOT more by upgrading the turbo to a GT40 or GT42R
with race gas......maybe 900 RWHP. But I don't plan exceeding 550 RWHP since my transmission will refuse to agree with me at the higher power levels. :biggrin:

Back