• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5th. Semi Annual CalCoastalNSX Autocross, Oct. 30th. @ Hollywood Park

Car cleaned and comfortably resting under its cover. The smell of clutch, brakes and exhaust still lingers in a form of a dull headache. Tired but satisfied.

John, thanks for giving us the opportunity to contribute and your input on setting up the course for all to enjoy!

Mark, you are a gentleman and a scholar for helping me out on the course layout with your super heavy workload. Not only that, you are one heck of a driver.

Scott saved the day by picking up the badly needed pylons.

Mako, you put your personal touch on the track layout that helped us all. The apex pointer cones were what I used to improve my time.

Gil and Kevin spent all their time at the timing station working on the timing equipment when some just complained about their time is not showing up at the display and not do anything to help out.

Paul and Kenny, thanks for the pointers!

Man, those little WRXs, Mini cooper, S2000 and M coupes are fast. I especially enjoyed watching the little Mini on 3 wheels.

Last edited:
Thanks John and everyone. Great event!

My wife and I had a blast. I'm bummed that she dragged me away early for a Halloween party and we unfortunately missed our last sessions. What were the best times for the stock and modified classes?

It's the first time she ever drove the NSX quick. Her best time was a 68 and she never spun (but she did kill a few cones). I'm really excited for her. She's hooked.

Great to see some familiar faces and meet some new people.
Ryan

Hi all; I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making me feel like one of the guys! Special thanks to Rob & Chris? "ZANRDI41" for the trips around the track and allowing a future NSX owner to provide advice and just hang out!!!

Rob C.

2001 Silver C320 Carlsson Coilovers & C32 Brakes
1985 Supra [HKS Stage 3 Turbo] 410hp
1994 Civic-T [DPR Stage 6 Head] 280hp

Still looking for a NSX!

Last edited:
Thanks to:
John and Tina(I know she was helping out behind the scenes) for all of the organization.
Chris Wong for the excellent track design and everyone who showed up before the crack of dawn to help set up the track.
Greg Strang for transportation of equipment from Ventura to HP.
Gil Leach and Kevin for the challenging task of operating the timing equipment. They did an outstanding job. That new timing display is cool!
Liana Wulff and Judy Dunlap for securing Hollywood Park, the executive bathrooms and coordinating the Midnight Mission kids-they had a blast.
Paul Ahn for leaf blowing the entire track.
Chad and his girlfriend for coordinating the work group assignments all day long.
Scott for helping me tech all of the cars and for doing all of the pre-registration.
Everyone else who helped out in anyway!
The non-nsx cars for coming out for a great day of fun.
Terry Medwig(got his NSX in March) for showing up to check out the Auto-X. I have not seen him for 20 years, yes 20 years.
Last but not least, David-The Yellowbeast who was riding with me me when I pulled the 60.9!
Very safe and very fun day!
Can't wait for the next one.
Mark Stepp

LOST & FOUND-When we were cleaning up we found A ivory color Pacific Trail jacket, Mens Medium at the Timing Table. Anyone know who left it?

Want to add my thanks to John and everyone else that pitched in.

Mako - the pics are the next best thing to a t-shirt! ;) did you get any of the grey M3?

Ken

I too would like to add my thanks to John and everyone else involved for making this another fantastic autocross. Hopefully we'll find a new home for these events soon...I don't know how long I can wait!

I took some great video at the event, so I hope I can find time to throw something together. Placing the camera on the edge of my passenger window gave an interesting new perspective.

akira3d said:
Placing the camera on the edge of my passenger window gave an interesting new perspective.
Eric,

How did you mount the camera?

Again to echo everyone else, thanks to all who helped and participated for making this a great event! I can't wait for the next one.

A few more photos posted: http://public.fotki.com/makofoto/solo_ii/nsx_ax/page2.html

M3low-vi.jpg

I wanted to thank John, Gil, Mark and everyone who helped to make this autocross another sucessful event!

This was my second Autocross and I hope we can continue this awesome event.

My knees are sore from bouncing around the cockpit and tried for the long drive home to S.D. But, I keep smiling everytime I think about the event.

I had a great time meeting old faces and also meeting new faces.
Rick, Alex, Keith, Kevin, Victor. Nice meeting you all. :)

Hope to see most of you at JGTC.

Kenny

SoCalDude said:
How did you mount the camera?

I use the Hama Universal suction cup mount...it has suction issues (which is why people seem to prefer the other mounts), but I continue to find interesting places I can use it. The only problem is that a partially open window isn't exactly rigid. Since my car's top was off, I should have rolled it all the way up! Thanks to Mako for this great picture illustrating how I used the camera.

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 272
Thanks To Everyone!!!!

As a first-timer I would like to thank all of you for your hard work to setup the Autocross. I didn't get a chance to meet everyone, but thanks to John for getting me to focus on the slaloms and thanks to Mark for letting me ride with him and enlightening me as to how a NSX "could" be driven- What a Ride!

After riding with Mark I tried to attack on my last 4 runs as opposed to drive the course. It was fun to drift thru the turns, but I was on the edge of my ability. So much so that I spun out on two of the four runs, but on one of them everything fell into place and I cut 4 seconds off my fastest time! Wow! I was shaking from the adreneline buzz (but that also could be from my 360 spin-out in the last esses of my final run).

All of you put on a great event and you should be very proud of your efforts.

Thanks again,
Art...

My turn to chime in...

While I was unable to drive my car this time around, I was able to make it in just after lunch and take some pics. Looks like all had a great time, thanks to a well organized and well run event. Props out to everyone who was involved in putting it together.

I'm still going through a 1GB of pics before I'm able to put up a couple of pages on my website. In the meantime, here's a few pics for right now.

-Randy

Attachments

• IMG_4553.JPG
    IMG_4553.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_4750.JPG
    IMG_4750.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_4796.JPG
    IMG_4796.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4838.JPG
    IMG_4838.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_4842.JPG
    IMG_4842.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 260
makofoto said:
Nice Shoots Randy! I like your panning shots ... they show the driver better then Tom's and my head on shots!
Thanks! :) It's amazing how contorted some of the driver's get while belted in.

Your pics look great too. What kind of camera were you using?

-Randy

SilverOne said:
thanks to all that helped and made it another great event. I took some pics of folks at the starting line, and here are the pics that I promised. Remember, it's not just about how good your skills is on the track, it's how good you look on photo on the track :) At least that's what I tell myself.

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=72819204506
Yeah SilverOne, I heard you're changing your handle to SilverSpinner.

NSX-antic said:
Yeah SilverOne, I heard you're changing your handle to SilverSpinner.

DOH, low blow :) it was not a spin! It was just few 'slides' and 'slips' around the track, and might have involved a few cones here, there, or here, and there. It was the sun in my eyes, the wind blowing the wrong way, my shoe lace being untied, and the tasty muffin and danish in the morning..,

btw, is it possible to post the final times for everyone? I like to find out just how close I am to the trophy ;)

SilverOne btw said:
It would be great to see the top 3 or so times in both run groups if possible.

Back