• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

6-Speed

Hello,

I'm trying to get a feel for some prices on a 6-speed transmission.

New/Used (would prefer VERY low miles though) - doesn't matter what R/P.

I have a '92 in snap ring range with ~65k miles. At the time I bought the car, it didn't bother me. Now some preventative maintenance has been on my mind. Especially if it fails and will be down for a few weeks while I weigh my options, have things shipped, and then getting them installed.

So, instead of doing a 5-speed with short gears, why not just go for a 6-speed conversion? If the 6-speed has a 4.23 R/P option, it would help acceleration times too (and not cruising at 4500 RPM's doing 80 MPH on the highway like a 5-speed with the 4.23).

I know I'll have to get the reverse lockout, and I'll probably get the NSX-R shaft because I like the OEM clutch.

Thank you,

Dave

Back