• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

7 Year Service- My checklist

I plan on getting the following done in the next several weeks. I have an '02 with about 53k miles. Let me know if I am missing anything or some items are "overkill." Thanks!

-Valve adjustment
-Change oil and filter
-Spark Plugs
-Upper AND lower radiator hoses
-Coolant
-Transmission oil
-Timing Belt
-Timing Belt Adjuster Bolt Grommet
-AC Belt
-Water Pump
-Brake Fluid
-Air cleaner element
-Fuel filter and hoses

Clutch fluid was replaced last year as my clutch slave/master cylinder went bad. I'll have the mechanic check things out, so in case he feels other items need to be replaced or addressed, I'll take care of it. Work will be done @ a recommended Acura Dealership with plenty of NSX experience.

Last edited:
I would also put the timing belt tensioner pulley on the list.

In regard to the radiator hoses if you are refereing to the front two hoses, I have never seen these fail. It is usually the one taking the hot coolant away from the engine in the engine bay. I would inspect ALL hoses for sure.

If the engine bay hoses are firm, you may be able to go another season. Also the oil cooler, small hoses are suspect, so also make sure you check those:).

I just serviced a 2002 this last week(46K miles, always garaged), and the hoses were definately good for another season. I recommended that either at the end of this season, or beginning of next the hoses get replaced.

This is a car that is NOT tracked. If you track the car, forget everything I said, and change all of them:).

HTH,
LarryB

I know the car that Larry's talking about quite well. I think he also checked the battery, as it's still the original. The battery was fine but one of the cables was loose. Might want to check that as well.:cool:

Just to update you guys. I purchased all my parts from Augusta Acura. They saved me between $300 (from my local dealer). I also checked with a few other online Acura vendors and Augusta saved me about $188/and $105 respectively. I have a nice excel spreadsheet comparison if anyone wants. :) A well respected NSX tech at a local Acura dealership is doing the service:

-Water Pump/Timing Belt
-oil change/filter
-Spark plugs
-Valve Adjustment
-Transmission Fluid
-Brake Fluid
-Air Filter
--------------
$1664
-10% (Discount)
--------
$1497.60
tax: 10%
------
total: $1664.

I'm having them inspect the hoses, if there are any issues, they will be replaced. But planning on replacing all 20+ hoses next summer.

Part Numbers if you need them:
---------------------------------
1. 001 / 12030-PR7-010 /GASKET SET, HEAD COVER (2 total)
2. 003 / 15400-PL2-505 /FILTER, OIL
3. 004 / 98079-5617S / SPARK PLUG (PFR6L-11) (NGK) (6 total)
4. Standard Honda coolant (5 total)
5. Standard Honda manual trans fld (4 total)
6. 008 / 14400-PR7-A01 /BELT, TIMING (UNITTA)
7. 015 / 90401-634-000 /RUBBER, TIMING BELT ADJUSTER
7. 009 / 14510-PR7-A01 / ADJUSTER, TIMING BELT
8. 013 / 38920-PR7-A04 / BELT, COMPRESSOR (BANDO)
9. 002 / 19200-PR7-A03 /WATER PUMP
10. Standard Honda brake fld (2 total)
11. 004 / 17220-PR7-A00 /ELEMENT ASSY., AIR CLEANER
12. 001 / 16010-SL0-505 /SET, FUEL STRN
13. 10W-30 Mobil 1 (5 total)

The Acura dealer had no problem with you bringing in the parts?

I would also put the timing belt tensioner pulley on the list.

In regard to the radiator hoses if you are refereing to the front two hoses, I have never seen these fail. It is usually the one taking the hot coolant away from the engine in the engine bay. I would inspect ALL hoses for sure.

If the engine bay hoses are firm, you may be able to go another season. Also the oil cooler, small hoses are suspect, so also make sure you check those:).

I just serviced a 2002 this last week(46K miles, always garaged), and the hoses were definately good for another season. I recommended that either at the end of this season, or beginning of next the hoses get replaced.

This is a car that is NOT tracked. If you track the car, forget everything I said, and change all of them:).

HTH,
LarryB
Does a standard timing belt job include the timing belt tensioner pulley and grommet as mentioned in this thread?

Back