• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

70shot....12.4@114

Got to run a few passes at the track on nitrous before I go turbo. The car weighed in at 2775lbs:eek: very suprising. Current mods are: i/h/e, spec 3 clutch/flywheel, and 70shot. Weight reduction: gutted trunk, no engine cover, complete exhaust system, clutch/flywheel combo, stock 15/16 wheels and no passenger seat for the track. The best time i ran was 12.4@114 1.93 60ft, not bad for a hot day. All motor ran 13.0@108.

Last edited:
Got to run a few passes at the track on nitrous before I go turbo. The car weighed in at 2775lbs:eek: very suprising. Current mods are: i/h/e, spec 3 clutch/flywheel, and 70shot. Weight reduction: gutted trunk, no engine cover, complete exhaust system, clutch/flywheel combo, stock 15/16 wheels and no passenger seat for the track. The best time i ran was 12.4@114 1.93 60ft, not bad for a hot day. All motor ran 13.0@108.

NICE. Thats good 1/4 mile numbers on the motor and on nitrous. How can you find out how much your car weight? Is there a scale at the track? I am wondering how much my car weighs. What rpms and gears did you use the 70 shot?

NICE. Thats good 1/4 mile numbers on the motor and on nitrous. How can you find out how much your car weight? Is there a scale at the track? I am wondering how much my car weighs. What rpms and gears did you use the 70 shot?

The track has a scale, nos is activated at full throttle in every gear.

When a shot of NOS is stated(50,75HP, etc) is that the RWHP or crank HP?
It always refers to approx how much power increase you'll see at the motor* However, in certain cases, such as turbocharged applications the additional cooling effect NOS inj. has on the intake charge results in a larger power gain than advertised and that the nitrous itself would net.

His NSX should have appox. ~370BHP with I/H/E + 70shot ;)

with his trap speed and weight, I would say hes making around 350whp with the juice and around 270whp off it. Seems very reasonable for this weight and trap speed.

370 or 270?
Without FI or NOS, 370 BHP is a pretty strong NSX engine no?
:confused: Please re-read my post... i stated I/H/E + 70shot "70 shot" means a 70 shot of nitrous.. ;)

Also, 370BHP (or flywheel HP) is enought to power a 2775lb NSX to a 114mph trapspeed in the 1/4. Remember than nitrous boost is very torquey as its instantenous and not related to rpm* 370BHP ~ 330rwhp.

:confused: Please re-read my post... i stated I/H/E + 70shot "70 shot" means a 70 shot of nitrous.. ;)

Also, 370BHP (or flywheel HP) is enought to power a 2775lb NSX to a 114mph trapspeed in the 1/4. Remember than nitrous boost is very torquey as its instantenous and not related to rpm* 370BHP ~ 330rwhp.

I re-read it but didn't myself clear I guess.
You are saying that without FI or NOS that his motor is producing 370BHP or at the crank. Then you are saying to add(+) the 70 shot of NOS. Do you actually mean that the 370 is the TOTAL with NOS?
I think slownsxt is more accurate in his estimate of power.

Very nice!

Do you actually mean that the 370 is the TOTAL with NOS?
I think slownsxt is more accurate in his estimate of power.
Yes, 370 total with the mods and the 70 shot of NOS active* And I respectfully disagree on the power estimate thing, i've drag raced countless NSX's enough times to know where they're at on differing power levels. At 2775lbs, he's pushing approx. 370 at the motor (TOPS) which after driveline losses translates to roughly 325-to-330rwhp. Again, this is while he's on the bottle. At only N/A, a healthy I/H/E 3.0L is at approx. 275rwhp.

Yes, 370 total with the mods and the 70 shot of NOS active* And I respectfully disagree on the power estimate thing, i've drag raced countless NSX's enough times to know where they're at on differing power levels. At 2775lbs, he's pushing approx. 370 at the motor (TOPS) which after driveline losses translates to roughly 325-to-330rwhp. Again, this is while he's on the bottle. At only N/A, a healthy I/H/E 3.0L is at approx. 275rwhp.

NA motor, with i/h/e WILL NOT give you 370 at the motor. There are some CTSC cars that are running that but no way without FI or NOS.

I did my a/f testing and dyno with a 45 shot jet and I got 40+ HP/TQ on my dyno. Some brands are way more accurate in the power you will put out than others. Like NX is the best and most accurate.
Here is the dyno with a small 45 shot below:

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 259
NA motor, with i/h/e WILL NOT give you 370 at the motor. There are some CTSC cars that are running that but no way without FI or NOS.
There is an obvious communication issue here.... For the love of god, and the last time!!! I/H/E + 70 shot of NOS ACTIVE!!! she's making close to 370 flywheel hp...:rolleyes:

Why do you keep saying N/A?? I'm INCLUDING the shot 70 of nitrous in the total of 370hp. I/H/E on a 3.0L *without* the 70 shot would net just over 300 flywheel hp.

Why do you keep saying N/A?? I'm INCLUDING the shot 70 of nitrous in the total of 370hp. I/H/E on a 3.0L *without* the 70 shot would net just over 300 flywheel hp.
In post #8(yours) you were stating 370BHP PLUS the 70 NOS shot rather than INCLUDING the nitrous. It's all good.
Doesn't matter at this point as I understand what you were trying to say not the way you were saying it.:smile:

my 150 shot gives me 150 at the wheels, not at the flywheel.

my 150 shot gives me 150 at the wheels, not at the flywheel.
It always refers to approx how much power increase you'll see at the motor* However, in certain cases, such as turbocharged applications the additional cooling effect NOS inj. has on the intake charge results in a larger power gain than advertised and that the nitrous itself would net.
:smile:

I believe All nitrous kit's give you the set jet horsepower at the wheels not the flywheel.
Absolutely not* Its always read at the motor. This is common knowledge. (not saying the companies are always accurate thou lol ;) )

Again, any gains above and beyond that may come from the additional efficiences of the motor or from the cooling effect from having F/I...

Back