• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

7th Annual Late Summer Beach BBQ

LMR

Legendary Member
It's back for the 7th year.

Our Late Summer Beach BBQ will be on Sunday September 24th in Huntington Beach at 10:00 am. We will be at the covered picnic tables near Brookhurst St (that's if Robert remembers to get up early enough to save them for us). Enter at the Magnolia St. entrance from PCH and go straight for about a half a mile and look for the NSX banner. The NSXCA will reimburse current members for the cost of parking so members keep your parking receipt and give it to me when you arrive. This is a social event so NSX's are not required but bring them if you can fit everything you need for the day.:smile:

It will be a pot luck as always so post up what you are bringing as to help others decide what they can bring.

*IMPORTANT UPDATE*

There is another large event going on near the Brookhurst St area so come early as the parking lot will be filling up earlier than normal.

1. LMR (Les & Irene) Summer Sausages, easy up, tables and ice chests
2. MexiRicer (Robert) Plates, napkins, cups and utensils
3. RedWings (Chase & Dawn)
Jalapeno Honey Cornbread
4. Thanhnsx (Thanh)
Egg Rolls
5. Track Addict (Jonathan & ?)
Hot Sauce and Chips
6. MrHugo (Hugo)
Ching Chong Ling Long Ting Tong Chicken
7. racer9x (Javier)
Soft drinks
8. Marsbar (Marcellus & ?) Buns and Condiments
9. NSX 888 (
David & Hua) Mixed Fruits
10. jon-nsx (Jon)
Chow Mein
11. flexthatdx (Jimmy & Trang)
Nem Nuong (pork spring rolls)
12. XV2 (Ti) Cookies
13. Ready2Huynh (Tony & Liz)
BBQ Chicken
14. B2FiNiTY
(Dennis & Grace) Summer Style Drinks
15. dustthisnsx (Paul & Carol)
?
16. Kyras (Patty)
Brownies and Lemon Bars
17. SeaSharp (Craig & Jan)
Corn Relish
18. MTHRiduz (Jennifer and Family)
Fried Rice and a Dessert
19. S2k-Nsx (Tony & ?)
Hot Salsa
20. mcano (Mario & Sally)
Tables, canopies, chairs, BBQ and ice chests
21. DSTNSX Danny & Shirley) Spicy Chicken Wings and Chow Mein
22. GO KRT (Alan)
Yummy Texas Homemade Corn Casserole
23. mike2la (Mike)
Samosa
Brian Nguyen +1 Sweet Potatoes
25. Anthony Valenzuela +1 Mac Salad
Ramon Reyes +1 Ensaymadas
27. Mark G (
Mark & Flo) Fruit
28. gaymondleerpv (Gaymond & family) Water
29. y11ngdanjr (Steve & Family)
Hot Dogs and other BBQ

Last edited:
Les, Since I know you will be up by 5am to claim your senior citizen discount Denny's breakfast could you please give me a wake up call, thanks! Also, I'll bring plates, napkins and utensils since last year the person in charge completely flaked and we had to eat Medieval times style.

...we had to eat Medieval times style.
as I recall this one guy with an RV happened to have a bunch of plates and silverware

Dawn and I will be there - bringing jalapeno honey cornbread

Last edited:
Les, Since I know you will be up by 5am to claim your senior citizen discount Denny's breakfast could you please give me a wake up call, thanks! Also, I'll bring plates, napkins and utensils since last year the person in charge completely flaked and we had to eat Medieval times style.

I didn't flaked. Something came up last minute and I wasn't feeling well. I had to return home 2 miles out. Shit happens. No ones perfect like you.

as I recall this one guy with an RV happened to have a bunch of plates and silverware

Dawn and I will be there - bringing santa maria tri-tip and brats, and a small grill to cook it on

Yes the NSXCA owes your RV for plates and silverware LOL :tongue:

I didn't flaked. Something came up last minute and I wasn't feeling well. I had to return home 2 miles out. Shit happens. No ones perfect like you.

Hey Thanh. No one brought you up but since you mentioned it, you never showed up. It's no worries at all. We managed, but we learned that silverware and plates are a lot more important than we thought lol. There is no ill-intent in my post so no need to be combative :)

time?

B@t™

10:00am

Les, Since I know you will be up by 5am to claim your senior citizen discount Denny's breakfast could you please give me a wake up call, thanks!

No I'll be sleeping in. That's why I'm sending a youngster to save the spot. But can you pick up my Denny's breakfast and have it waiting for me when I get there? Also keep it warm for me.

Alleuia! Took my fiancé at the time for her first BBQ last year and when we got there, no plates or utensils so she didn't get to eat much, ate from napkins. Ended up having to leave early to get something else to eat.

Alleuia! Took my fiancé at the time for her first BBQ last year and when we got there, no plates or utensils so she didn't get to eat much, ate from napkins. Ended up having to leave early to get something else to eat.

So are you coming? If so what are you bringing?

Yes the NSXCA owes your RV for plates and silverware LOL :tongue:

Hey Thanh. No one brought you up but since you mentioned it, you never showed up. It's no worries at all. We managed, but we learned that silverware and plates are a lot more important than we thought lol. There is no ill-intent in my post so no need to be combative :)

Definitely all love around here. Just wanted to explain to the community why I couldn't make it.

I'll volunteer to save the spot for us. Les, please add me to the list. Not sure what I'll be bring yet.

Last edited:
No I'll be sleeping in. That's why I'm sending a youngster to save the spot. But can you pick up my Denny's breakfast and have it waiting for me when I get there? Also keep it warm for me.

Fine fine, have Irene give me a wake up call then since she has to prepare your cocktail of old man pills first thing when you wake up. Also, Kat can't make it this time Les. I never mentioned a +1 ;)

Definitely all love around here. Just wanted to explain to the community why I couldn't make it.

I'll volunteer to save the spot for us. Les, please add me to the list. Not sure what I'll be bring yet.

No need for explanation my man. We appreciate your offer of reserving the spot but Les and I always have that part covered. Feel free to bring any assortment or specialty food item now since it is still early and no one has claimed anything yet! Lol...

Fine fine, have Irene give me a wake up call then since she has to prepare your cocktail of old man pills first thing when you wake up.

Irene will be sleeping in too, so you're on your own. Just remember if you don't get up in time and save us a spot YOU will be letting us all down.:wink:

Mexi is not bringing any food?! What......

I am going to bring some Ching Chong Ling Long Ting Tong Chicken, or something healthy.

How can I forget, last year, lining up to get a scoop of coleslaw on one hand and a scoop of rice on the other...........LOL
sign me up, I will bring soft drinks!

Mexi is not bringing any food?! What......

I am going to bring some Ching Chong Ling Long Ting Tong Chicken, or something healthy.
Well, I might be there but with Mr. Hugo's fine post of what he's bringing, I'm going to pull strings to make it!

I now own a house in Loveland, Colorado that I'm heading to on Thursday morning. If my new furniture shows up in time, there, I'll drive back just for the BBQ. Well, that and to see Mister Hugo's huge smile and his Ching Chong Ling Long Ting Tong Chicken. My NSX is staying in So Cal unless I decide to sell my house in Lake Forest and pull up my so Cal roots.

Well, I might be there but with Mr. Hugo's fine post of what he's bringing, I'm going to pull strings to make it!

I now own a house in Loveland, Colorado that I'm heading to on Thursday morning. If my new furniture shows up in time, there, I'll drive back just for the BBQ. Well, that and to see Mister Hugo's huge smile and his Ching Chong Ling Long Ting Tong Chicken. My NSX is staying in So Cal unless I decide to sell my house in Lake Forest and pull up my so Cal roots.

Glad I'm not the only one that is excited for [MENTION=23169]MrHugo[/MENTION] 's meal lol made me laugh. Also, very excited to see that you're keeping the blue beauty here in SoCal...it means then that you'll have to visit often :wink:

No need for explanation my man. We appreciate your offer of reserving the spot but Les and I always have that part covered. Feel free to bring any assortment or specialty food item now since it is still early and no one has claimed anything yet! Lol...

Ok cool. I don't have to wake up extra early, whew:cool:... Les, I will be bringing egg rolls.

Glad I'm not the only one that is excited for @MrHugo 's meal lol made me laugh. Also, very excited to see that you're keeping the blue beauty here in SoCal...it means then that you'll have to visit often :wink:

HAHAHAHHAA hope to see you guys there. Trust me... that chicken is going to you make you go TANG DOOONG!

So are you coming? If so what are you bringing?

Les put me down. My wife will be coming too. I'll bring some Nem Nuong (pork spring rolls) for @nsxnemo this will make him come:biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm in...I can bring some great local marinated flap meat (to be cooked), fresh corn tortillas, chips, and fresh salsa if that doesn't overlap too much with Chase and Jonathan...

Back