• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

80's music search Weird Science Soundtrack

Hey does anyone have? If so I'll pay if they can make me a CD-R. I can't find it anywhere on the web:mad:

You should have tried iTunes, its available for download there.:cool:

Looking for the soundtrack Steve not the movie. Of course that was the first place I checked:frown:

Looking for the soundtrack Steve not the movie. Of course that was the first place I checked:frown:

Aside from the Oingo Boingo song what are you looking for? My guess is that since its not on Amazon and its not on iTunes then it doesn't exist. Aside from the Oingo Boingo title track song my guess is that you'll have to copy the info about the rest the artists and songs from the credits and search for them individually. :confused:

Aside from the Oingo Boingo song what are you looking for? My guess is that since its not on Amazon and its not on iTunes then it doesn't exist. Aside from the Oingo Boingo title track song my guess is that you'll have to copy the info about the rest the artists and songs from the credits and search for them individually. :confused:

Several songs from the soundtrack cd. It does exist it's just out of print. I had it years ago but can't find it anywhere.

Most of the songs are from little known artists so finding them individually is even worse.

Hey WingZ, how about using BitTorrent?

Here's a link to a bunch of 80s sound track stuff. And it looks like it includes all of the Weird Science songs.

http://www.torrentportal.com/torrents-details.php?id=1322896&filelist=1

Some of the BitTorrent clients will allow you to pick and choose what file to download, so you can just check the Weird Science stuff and not waste time with all the other stuff.

HTH
--Conrad

Found it for sale for 9.99 here

http://www.ioffer.com/i/38372311?store=1

"WEIRD SCIENCE"
Performed by Oingo Boingo
Produced by Danny Elfman and Steve Bartek

"TURN IT ON"
Performed by Kim Wilde
Produced by Jimmy Iovine

"DEEP IN THE JUNGLE"
Performed by Wall of Voodoo
Produced by Richard Mazda
Courtesy of I.R.S. Records

"TUBULAR BELLS"
Performed by Mike Oldfield
Courtesy of Virgin Records, Ltd.

"TESLA GIRLS"
Performed by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (as OMD)
Courtesy of Virgin Records, Ltd. / A&M Records

"PRIVATE JOY"
Performed by Cheyne
Produced by Greg Phillinganes and Jimmy Iovine
Vocals produced by Louil Silas Jr.

"WANTED MAN"
Performed by Ratt
Courtesy of Atlantic Recording Corp.
By Arrangement with Warner Special Products

"DON'T WORRY BABY"
Performed by Los Lobos
Courtesy of Slash Records / Warner Bros. Records Inc.
By Arrangement with Warner Special Products

"FOREVER"
Performed by Taxi
Courtesy of MCA Records, Inc.

"METHOD TO MY MADNESS"
Performed by The Lords of the New Church (as Lords of the New Church)
Courtesy of I.R.S. Records

"EIGHTIES"
Performed by Killing Joke
Courtesy of E.G. Records Ltd.

"WHY DON'T PRETTY GIRLS LOOK AT ME"
Performed by Wild Man From Wonga

"NERVOUS AND SHAKEY"
Performed by The Del Fuegos
Courtesy of Slash Records

"THE CIRCLE"
Performed by Max Carl
Produced by Peter Hauke

"TENDERNESS"
By Roger Charlery, David Wakeling & Michael Billingham
Performed by General Public
Courtesy of I.R.S. Records / Virgin Records, Ltd.

"DO NOT DISTURB (KNOCK KNOCK)"
Performed by The Broken Homes
Produced by Michael Frondelli with The Broken Homes

"OH, PRETTY WOMAN"
Written by Roy Orbison, Bill Dees
Performed by Van Halen
(Original Theatrical & Restored DVD Versions)

"The Magic Flute - Overture"
(uncredited)
by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Special music material by Jimmy Iovine

Original soundtrack available on MCA Records and cassettes

I don't have a source for the album, but Weird Science is one my favorite all time movies. "He pukes, you die!" -Chet

I'm a soundtrack freak, so I tend to troll blogs for old and obscure soundtracks, mostly from the 70s and 80s. Upon seeing this thread, doing a search for the Weird Science soundtrack tells me you have great timing, as an expanded version was recently created by some fan of John Hughes films.

The first link includes a combination of music score tracks and song tracks, while the second link includes a different collection of score and song tracks, plus some short dialogue tracks.

http://theinfernomusiccrypt.blogspot.com/2009/01/weird-science-1985-various-artists.html
http://soundtracksandmore.blogspot.com/2008/01/weird-science-soundtrack.html

Both pages contain Rapidshare links that have the soundtracks packed up as .rar files. The links are somewhat hidden, but are pretty easy to find.

I tested the content in the first link, and it seems to be fine. I'm guessing the second link is just as good.

Hopefully they contain what you're looking for.

-Randy

Back