• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 NSX Door Panel and Window alignment question.

Hello All,

I have a 91 NSX. I am having issues with the window and need to align it. I have removed the door panel that houses the window controls, door lock and door handle. I am now looking at the metal panel that sits behind that. I am trying to remove it as well so I can get to the bolts where I can make adjustments for the window tracks. Is there any recourses or does anyone have any knowledge about removing the metal door panel. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

If the metal panel that you are talking about is the one I am thinking of, the one that it visible after you remove the plastic liner behind the door card, its the inner skin of the door and it does not separate from the outdoor skin of the door unless you are doing major sheet metal surgery. All maintenance on things inside the core of the door have to be done through the holes in the inner skin. Welcome to the world of scraped knuckles!

If you don't already have it, get a copy of the 1991 service manual (I will post a link to free .pdf copies if you don't have one). The body section of the manual covers the adjustment of the glass starting around page 20-10. Glass adjustment on the coupe is a particularly long and arduous process. Note the comments in the SM about marking the bolts with a sharpie (or equivalent) at the start so you have a reference (and a place to go back to if you screw up). This article in the Wiki is excellent, particularly the advice about fabricating measuring templates from wood.

Window alignment - NSX-Wiki (nsxprime.com)

Back